David Beckham Headed to the US

Fanpuck33

yeah no kidding coming from boy whose mum is teacher its more like 50k and let me tell yeah she goes through more stress then this beckham guy has ever been through.

Speaking of teachers and salary, Ohio's system is ridiculous. This school year, the state hired back 13,000 retired teachers. One retired at the state maximum salary of 90,000 a year. In addition to getting his salary back, he is still earning his pension, which is 88% of his salary. The man is making 170,000 a year now. And people wonder why public schools are so stressed for money. They could have left this guy on the golf course and hired a first year teacher for 30ish grand a year. They could have hired THREE teachers instead of bringing this guy back. They could have hired me!

Yeah I know of a lot of retired public school teachers retiring and then going back to teaching there by still getting pension and income at the same time. gravy train.

Meanwhile my mom makes 70k but she's maxed out and since she didn't start with the school district way back when she'll be forced into early retirement coming short of her 30 years needed for full retirement. Even though she's already taught for 30 years she's only taught 19 years in this public school.

lol, he's still in my dads doghouse for putting a few headers off the crossbar against Brazil in the 98 WC. Atleast I think it's Davids, it's Davids or Kluivert. I don't really remember the 98 World Cup. >_>

It was Kluivert that scored in the dying minutes of that game(1-1). Cant remember hitting the crossbarr.

It was Kluivert that scored in the dying minutes of that game(1-1). Cant remember hitting the crossbarr.

No, he didn't care about who scored, it was someone who kept missing opportunity after opportunity. Just asked him when he got home from work today, it was Davids.

I dunno I like watching Championship League games and of course world cup qualifiers when the US goes to Panama or Guatemala those are always hysterical to watch with the crowd on the verge of rioting/osama chants etc.

Personally you could have the greatest sport ever but without the crowd the game sucks. Crowd noise makes the game more interesting to watch on tv and in person.

For example I've gone to hockey games in St. Louis where 8,000 people show up in a 20,000 seat arena and its like I'm watching a game in a cave. Not cool.

I dunno I like watching Championship League games and of course world cup qualifiers when the US goes to Panama or Guatemala those are always hysterical to watch with the crowd on the verge of rioting/osama chants etc.

Personally you could have the greatest sport ever but without the crowd the game sucks. Crowd noise makes the game more interesting to watch on tv and in person.

For example I've gone to hockey games in St. Louis where 8,000 people show up in a 20,000 seat arena and its like I'm watching a game in a cave. Not cool.

Oh I agree any sport is amazing in a full arena, walking into the Big O packed full of 60,000-70,000 people can knock you down it a spectacular display of massed humanity. But talking from a purely technical standpoint soccer is a bore too watch. Its very slow, way too defensively centric and it is an unbalanced game and people are really learning to exploit its flaws, note the last world cup was all about diving, a disgusting display of sport.

yeah Soccer has a scoring problem. World Cup's decided on pk's snore.

Aussie rules football makes no sense at all but Rugby does at least.

Never seen a Cricket Test so I can't comment on that

One sport which is so fun to watch but I only get to see it during the olympics is that cross country skiing/target shooting race. The crowds sitting behind the skiers going ohh and aahh after every shot is hysterical and its compelling to watch. Apparently thats huge in Europe and I can see why.

Equivilent of a British hockey team offerring Gretsky a bunch of money to play there now. Who cares? It is not a real league. Only a gimmick to try and justify having a league in the wrong country.

Equivilent of a British hockey team offerring Gretsky a bunch of money to play there now. Who cares? It is not a real league. Only a gimmick to try and justify having a league in the wrong country.

Who? :P

The MLS is only a joke in that the best players in the world are not over here. It's like a minor league. When the players in the MLS prove themselves and become the best in the league, they go over to the "major" leagues over in Europe.

Oh I agree any sport is amazing in a full arena, walking into the Big O packed full of 60,000-70,000 people can knock you down it a spectacular display of massed humanity. But talking from a purely technical standpoint soccer is a bore too watch. Its very slow, way too defensively centric and it is an unbalanced game and people are really learning to exploit its flaws, note the last world cup was all about diving, a disgusting display of sport.

You mean like the trap (still evident today) and the Ribeiro's etc of the league who dive like they're Olympic springboarders? :P

As for "talking from a purely technical standpoint," you obviously don't really understand the game. I know hockey and soccer intimitely, and hockey is much inferior technically.

Who? :P

The MLS is only a joke in that the best players in the world are not over here. It's like a minor league. When the players in the MLS prove themselves and become the best in the league, they go over to the "major" leagues over in Europe.

Thats basically what Freddy Adu is doing right now with DC and RLS pretty much. He's already being wooed by Manchester U and one of his old coaches is trying to convince him to play in Holland.

Thats basically what Freddy Adu is doing right now with DC and RLS pretty much. He's already being wooed by Manchester U and one of his old coaches is trying to convince him to play in Holland.

I had hoped he'd go over the Man U as soon as possible. I don't like Man U at all, but it's about time the best US players start all going over to Europe. I could not care less about the MLS, I want out players playing against top notch competition so they can stop laying eggs at the World Cup. The only guys we have over there now are old guys like McBride who are done with national play. We need to get Freddy Adu, Eddie Johnson, etc. over there playing against the best.