kovalev and the big $$$$$$

den0923

i had a feeling the:hlogo: would go get a high price star i thought maybe lindros but kovalev WOW cool...i hope gainey can sign him for long term cus there was no way lindros was a long term player for numerous reasons ...BUT how ???.. with his price tag how does gainey bring the :hlogo:back to a realistic payroll so they can get in the black.... the :hlogo:also need a solid guy on the D...with kom doing a pretty good job on the right side and just as good as brisbois...maybe patrice should be considered to be let go after all he gets 4 million.. another is joey juneau...2.025 million..ther's kovalev's salary and the team is still intact

what do you guys think .... thanks for listenning:ghg::ghg::ghg:

i don't know if komi is playing as well as brisebois... look at +/-. I do like komi though and he is definitely the future. Brisebois is probably overpriced at 4 mill, but he has been solid this season.

dagenais ribeiro ryder

zednik koivu kovalev

sundstrum perreault bulis

(hossa)

kilger begin lagdon (dackell)

quintal souray

bouillion rivet

komisarek markov

and on d a player for brisbois, dikhus and juneau

Gainey and Julien will have a huge part in deciding Kovalev to sign with the team and that won't be by talking dollars.

Kovalev has learned to play in Pittsburg with Mario and to be happy. Then he has experimented the big dough with the Rangers while being unhappy. I am quite confident that Julien will give him back the taste of playing a great game while being happy and making good money.

Gainey will part with a few players with their last year of a contract in July 01. Perreault, Juneau, Dackell won't be back with the team next year if they are still with the tyeam comes July 01. Kovalev won't required a 8 millions a year contract to stay if he's happy again. Gainey will sign him for the same 6 millions.

Hopefully Kovalev can start over and forget about that disastorous 2 seasons in new york. It is probably because almost every player on that team (which are stars, or at least pretty good players) say "well, the clubs rich, I'm getting my money, and theres plenty of other good players on the team".....which results in poor play etc.

He will now come to a team which has a spot in the playoffs, and its an atmosphere where everyone works really hard during the games because theres lots of youth, and he should join in and become his old pittsburgh self, or even better.

Thats my take on things,

:hlogo:

I sure hope you guys are right because I can't see a 6 million (or some figure like that) dollar guy on the roster, yes we will get rid of some of the names mentioned here but I doubt we will just go ahead and spend it on one player.

I really think we need to resign Kovalev or sign another superstar player. Name one championship contender without a big-name player on them. Someone making over at least $6-million

With the CBA and probably lengthy strike I don't think Kovalev will be resigned...

Problem is that if a salary cap is put into place but we sign him now to a $6 million deal we're handcuffing our payroll...it doesn't make much sense to offer a guy like Kovalev a deal until we know what the new CBA deal will entail...and by that point other teams may be able to make as attractive an offer as us...

I really think we need to resign Kovalev or sign another superstar player. Name one championship contender without a big-name player on them. Someone making over at least $6-million  

I can't say i really agree with this. Last year the Wild made the conference finals with one of the lowest payrolls in the league, the Ducks made the finals while Kariya was the only big name player to be found (Giggy was late in the playoffs, but going in he wasnt) Even the Devils didnt really have what people would call a superstar besides Brodeur. Although they did have one crazy D.

Anyway my point is that superstars aren't everything, this isn't the NBA.

And don't get me wrong, i am very happy about getting Kovalev.

Don't get me started on the Wild and the Ducks. Look at them now? They ducks have the cinderella Playoff Hangover, and the Wild just...suck. You could never consider them playoff contenders.

Both the teams you mentioned are out of the playoff run. And the Ducks had Paul Kariya with a big contract.

And Brodeur makes a lot of money, so he's a big superstar with a big contract.

So in reality, it's really true. The cup contenders have things in common. They all have big-name players, and they have a goalie who can step it up big time.

Kovalev or No Kovalev, i think Gainey will make a splash in the Free Agent Market regardless.... In the end if Kovalev goes somewhere else, i'd say Gainey will pick up another good player and in the end we'll all still be happy...

I can't believe how much confidence i've gained in the habs over the past few Days...Thanks Gainey!

:ghg: