Game Thread | Montreal vs. Ottawa | 01/13/07

Spider-Man NL

I watched bit of the game, Rivet seemed very weak, he caused most of the goals on Huet. Even if Huet left easy ones... I liked Lapierre in first period, but didn't see him later in the match, what happened?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take the blame for this loss. Forgot the game was at 2:00 and didn't set the PVR to record in time. Missed the first three goals. If I miss recording any part of any game, they lose. I'll be more responsible next time.

Please be gentle when you beat me.

Quick, call Bob Gainey! It's all Colin's fault!!! :o

Seriously though...I'm wondering if Bob is looking ahead. He traded for Nieuwendyk and sacrificed Iginla. It took a couple of years but they won the Cup. Is Bob going the other way this time?

Keep the kids, work them into the lineup over the next two years; groom Chipchura to be the captain, 2nd line two-way monster a la Gainey, Carbo; guys like Samsonov, Koivu, Kovalev, Begin, Bonk, Souray shipped out/retire/reduced roles; defense core of Markov-Komisaek-Dandy-Bouillon, taking a look at Valentenko, Carle, Emerin (sp all wrong I know); getting guys in like Grabovski, Lapierre, Kostysin (x2?), of course Latendresse already here, keeping one or both of Plecks and Perez, other good prospects as well; trading or signing a 1st-line centre, filling out the lower lines with hard-working vets like Ryder will be; let Huet be the man for 2-3 years, let Halak be the backup for a couple, keep bumping Price up until he and Halak can duke it out for #1 status in about 3 years & trade the loser (having traded Huet or snowballed some team into giving him a monster contract)

Or something like that. Maybe Bob looks at the farm/future and says, 'We can build a little dynasty of sorts'? In a know-nothing hockey place like Dallas you can play the patience/rebuilding game for a long time. It seems to be the antithesis of us, though.

Or maybe it really is Colin and his recording problems. Naughty lad...

:hlogo:

Quick, call Bob Gainey! It's all Colin's fault!!! :o

Seriously though...I'm wondering if Bob is looking ahead. He traded for Nieuwendyk and sacrificed Iginla. It took a couple of years but they won the Cup. Is Bob going the other way this time?

Keep the kids, work them into the lineup over the next two years; groom Chipchura to be the captain, 2nd line two-way monster a la Gainey, Carbo; guys like Samsonov, Koivu, Kovalev, Begin, Bonk, Souray shipped out/retire/reduced roles; defense core of Markov-Komisaek-Dandy-Bouillon, taking a look at Valentenko, Carle, Emerin (sp all wrong I know); getting guys in like Grabovski, Lapierre, Kostysin (x2?), of course Latendresse already here, keeping one or both of Plecks and Perez, other good prospects as well; trading or signing a 1st-line centre, filling out the lower lines with hard-working vets like Ryder will be; let Huet be the man for 2-3 years, let Halak be the backup for a couple, keep bumping Price up until he and Halak can duke it out for #1 status in about 3 years & trade the loser (having traded Huet or snowballed some team into giving him a monster contract)

Or something like that. Maybe Bob looks at the farm/future and says, 'We can build a little dynasty of sorts'? In a know-nothing hockey place like Dallas you can play the patience/rebuilding game for a long time. It seems to be the antithesis of us, though.

Or maybe it really is Colin and his recording problems. Naughty lad...

:hlogo:

You forgot Fischer on our D.

Please, i hate when people say that, we played hard after we were crushed in the frst. If they had character they would have shown up before they were down 6. The Sens were on cruise after leading 6-0. Nothing more then that.

Wait until detroit throws the puck around in there zone all night. The score may be very similar.

The habs are at a critical point, sliding down the standings, do they keep what they have, make a trade to improve, or sell to get better yonger players. I know what i would do.

THE SKY IS FALLING !!!! Trade Huet quick!!! :wacko:

Big deal they lost. This is no different then losing a game 3-2.

Ottawa was good as well as lucky and got all the bounces (funny hops off the end boards, off 2-3 players and in the net or right to the open Ottawa man etc) Sens still only gets 2 points for the win.

Ottawa is breathing down our necks but we still have 2 games on hand over Ottawa. Unfortunately though we have a rough few weeks coming with the next 6 games being Det, Van, Atl, Buff, Tor and ending with a grudge match vs the Sens again. This next 2 weeks or so will tell you how much trouble we are in and where we go from here.

It's a wait and see game now :hlogo:

The thing with Huet is when the other team has lots of more goals then the habs, Huet will take the blame for himself and suck even more, the time were Huet is a wall is when we got to 2nd 3rd period, still no goals on him and atleast 2 goals for the habs, so he's trying to get a shut out, but you can see when we got to the third, they all gave up on playing and played defensively...

Big deal they lost. This is no different then losing a game 3-2.

No, cause I can at least assume they showed up to play in a 3 - 2 loss.

Losing 8 - 3 is more than just lucky bounces for the other team. Those bounces were there because of the Habs played horribly and Ottawa played great.

Please, i hate when people say that, we played hard after we were crushed in the frst. If they had character they would have shown up before they were down 6. The Sens were on cruise after leading 6-0. Nothing more then that.

Of course, you're never going to win a game if you skip the first period, or give up the first 6 goals. But most people would just give up and slack off during the 2nd period if the game is already out of reach. Wouldn't you? They had nothing to gain but worked hard anyway.

Sorry Nesquik buddy, but Trizzak is right - this is not the same as a 3-2 or 4-3 loss. We suck-diddly-ucked.

oops, not Nesquik... I meant Habitforming

The effort isn't what I was referring to, the points awarded for a win is.

If the league changed the rules to something like you get 1 point for every goal scored then it would be bad. It is still only 2 points.