24 Thread | Jack Bauer vs. Terrorists | Day 6

Fanpuck33

For those of us who would rather watch the Habs game tomorrow night (considering their performance on Saturday and Bauer's performance tonight, it is somewhat of a tough call but im sticking with the Habs) there is a stream that popped up of tonights episodes immediately after they were aired so im assuming it will be the same case tomorrow night.

http://www.alluc.org/

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I "knew" Curtis was going to die, since he was being listed with the guest stars, and about halfway through the episode I got a gut feeling that Jack (or at least someone with CTU) was going to have to kill him to stop him from avenging whatever personal beef he had with Assad.

What did shock me was the fact they got the mini-nuke off. I mean, the terrorists have had small victories like the hotel virus and the nuclear reactor meltdown, but both of those were contained/mostly evacuated. This is a huge blow for the terrorists, thousands are going to die.

Some people are just stupid. The father is a 1st rate idiot. Did he really think that he and his son would live if he delivered the item? Everyone knows as soon as the terrorists don't need you anymore, you die. If you have to sacrafice your family, you just have to live with it. You can't meet the demands of people have no reason to let you live.

yeah I was shocked that the terrorist people got the nuke off. For the past couple of season the 'worst case scenario' has never happened and now it has which is a plus for the show because then the show doesn't become formulaic in 'jack saves the day'.

bravo 24. bravo.

plus baldy is back. Again why is everyone based in LA? Wouldn't they know by now that CTU is in LA and so is Jack Bauer?

yeah I was shocked that the terrorist people got the nuke off. For the past couple of season the 'worst case scenario' has never happened and now it has which is a plus for the show because then the show doesn't become formulaic in 'jack saves the day'.

Indeed. The show's modus operandi has almost always been one of two things:

1. They get their 2 minutes before the terrorists escape.

2. The terrorists activate a bomb, meltdown, etc. but they have time to prevent mass casualties.

yeah its almost been like a cop out like the season with the nuclear missile. That was anti climatic sort of a cop out. Build up build up build up then the computer is somewhat saved somehow and jets are scrambled whatever. I got pissed at that season finally thought it was a cop out and proved my point that the show didn't want to take the dive and have the bad guys win.

Obviously thats not the case anymore.

yeah its almost been like a cop out like the season with the nuclear missile. That was anti climatic sort of a cop out. Build up build up build up then the computer is somewhat saved somehow and jets are scrambled whatever. I got pissed at that season finally thought it was a cop out and proved my point that the show didn't want to take the dive and have the bad guys win.

Obviously thats not the case anymore.

Of course, the terrorists have had numerous victories:

1. The hotel hit with the virus in season 3

2. The nuclear meltdown in season 4

3. Bringing down Air Force One in season 4 was a pretty big one

4. Killing Palmer, Tony, and Michelle in season 5

5. The airport virus in season 5

But yeah, as we both said, this nuke was the biggest terrorist victory so far, with Air Force One a close second.

(I know how bad this sounds but...)

Finally some freaking terrorists that know what they're doing! Wow... just... wow.

A nuke, How the HELL are they going to out do a nuke next season? (I suppose we'll find out).

So, some trivia. What's one of the only things that could get Jack Bauer back to his job when he's absolutely got to the point of no return?

Answer: A nuclear bomb.

(I know how bad this sounds but...)

Finally some freaking terrorists that know what they're doing! Wow... just... wow.

A nuke, How the HELL are they going to out do a nuke next season? (I suppose we'll find out).

So, some trivia. What's one of the only things that could get Jack Bauer back to his job when he's absolutely got to the point of no return?

Answer: A nuclear bomb.

No kidding, I'm kinda 24'ed out right now, that show is sooo intense (watched all four episodes in a row since I was at a family dinner last night). I knew Jack killed Curtis because it was on wikipedia, yet I was still shocked when it happened. And the nuclear bomb. Wow.

I also love how, at that point, the most dangerous man in the world was a Newfie. A newfie who's a stand-up comedian and was on Uh-oh! Talk about a role change or what, haha.

Yeah, the first 4 hours leaked onto the internet a few days ago.

Those episodes were leaked!? I just finished watching them on peakvid and felt so good that I'd finally caught up to everyone. I'd better not ruin it for you guys then.

Reading some of the latest posts now, I see that we're all in the same place. Too bad Curtis is dead. He was one of my favourite characters last season.

Can someone tell me what days 24 is on (is it only Mondays?) soI can stop watching them all on the internet?

No kidding, I'm kinda 24'ed out right now, that show is sooo intense (watched all four episodes in a row since I was at a family dinner last night). I knew Jack killed Curtis because it was on wikipedia, yet I was still shocked when it happened. And the nuclear bomb. Wow.

I also love how, at that point, the most dangerous man in the world was a Newfie. A newfie who's a stand-up comedian and was on Uh-oh! Talk about a role change or what, haha.

Probably the point I was just talking about. >_>

:P