24 Thread | Jack Bauer vs. Terrorists | Day 6

Fanpuck33

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually there have been a few of them. Pehrooz was one who only looked bad because of his father, there was one in the second season who got beat up when he was trying to help Bauer. Was Gayel muslim?

They have covered pretty much every ethnic group so im not quite sure how you can call the show racist. We've had mexican, white, muslim terrorists...

come on, look at it. Has there been a 'good' muslim on the show?

In addition to those mentioned by Q60, the most obvious would be Walid, from this season even! Also he might be the same one Q60 was thinking of, but also in season two there was Marie Warner's fiance, who was framed by her to look like the bad guy. He ended up dead trying to set things straight.

Why don't they do christian extremists?

Christian extremists didn't hijack airplanes and fly them into buildings. Christian extremists aren't plotting to take down more aircraft. Christian extremists don't hate Western culture and they don't want to take it down. And as Q60 said, there have been Mexican (the Salazar brothers), American (Nina Myers, Marie Warner, the Bauers, Logan, etc) and even British (Stephen Saunders) villains in 24.

Christian extremists didn't hijack airplanes and fly them into buildings. Christian extremists aren't plotting to take down more aircraft. Christian extremists don't hate Western culture and they don't want to take it down. And as Q60 said, there have been Mexican (the Salazar brothers), American (Nina Myers, Marie Warner, the Bauers, Logan, etc) and even British (Stephen Saunders) villains in 24.

:lool:

Do you remember the 90's at all?

All those militias?

Timothy McViegh

Eric Rudolph

go to those 'pro-life' rallies in washington and you'll see the christian terrorists.

The christian terrorists are in with the kkk groups and nazi groups.

There's this famous guy from Georgia who promotes the killing of all abortion doctors. Put the doctors names and addresses on a list.

Those are good people within a season. Where are the good multi season muslims. And its every freaking year. Muslims vs. CTU. Can't they think of something different?

Not saying the show is overtly racist its just become formulaic, same villians.

Muslims vs. CTU. Can't they think of something different?

Not saying the show is overtly racist its just become formulaic, same villians.

See lists on non-Muslim bad guys above. Heck, I don't recall a single Muslim bad guy in Season 3. And just last season the bad guys were Russian, Chinese, and American.

Considering the biggest terrorist group currently operating is currently Al Qaeda, i think 24 has done a really solid job of making sure they aren't racially oriented in who is portrayed as the enemy.

If anything, they have done a good job at showing how stupid people can be for racial profiling

-season 2 with marie warner's fiancee,

-season 2 with the guy who was killed by whites when he was trying to help Bauer and Kate Warner),

-season 6 when Walid was discriminated against, and then the people in the camp were discriminated against, and it all ended up looking poorly upon the government

There are really countless occasions where white people have been portrayed as radicals and terrorists.

BTW: My suspicion is that the VP knew about the assasination attempt on Palmer prior to it occuring. Just from the conversations he had with Lennox today...

BTW: My suspicion is that the VP knew about the assasination attempt on Palmer prior to it occuring. Just from the conversations he had with Lennox today...

For sure. It reaks of a vice presidential takeover, like they tried in season 2 when they almost voted him incapable of acting as president.

Actually there have been a few of them. Pehrooz was one who only looked bad because of his father, there was one in the second season who got beat up when he was trying to help Bauer. Was Gayel muslim?

They have covered pretty much every ethnic group so im not quite sure how you can call the show racist. We've had mexican, white, muslim terrorists...

Muslims love playing the victim card even more than black political organisations.

BTW, best episode of LOST ever... hahaha.

I almost started a Lost thread last night. It definitely just got interesting again. Who would have thought the show would be better when they stopped focusing so hard on Jack, Kate, and Sawyer? Me, baby, me.

I almost started a Lost thread last night. It definitely just got interesting again. Who would have thought the show would be better when they stopped focusing so hard on Jack, Kate, and Sawyer? Me, baby, me.

They focused on those three just as much in season one, it's The Others that are ruining everything. Theres too many fuggin characters. If I can balance my dose of Kate and Sawyer with my dose of Sayid, Charlie and Claire.

Mucho gracias!

• 3 weeks later...
They focused on those three just as much in season one.

I didn't think so. They spent a lot of time on Lockey and Boone out in the woods, Claire's pregnancy, Charlie's addiction, Michael trying to get Walt off the Island, etc. I didn't feel like I was being force fed episode after episode about the same people. It seemed like 1 of the first 8 episodes this season was about people other than those three. Even the episode with Sun's flashbacks, most of the present day action was with those three, and not her.

Anyways, the excitement of 24 has worn off for me. I watched all of the first 5 seasons within a year, so the newness has worn off. I liked it better being able to watch it all at once, rather than once a week. Kinda takes the suspense out for me. It's been a decent season, but I'm not super excited every Monday at 9 PM like I was last season. If my whole family didn't watch 24, I'd probably start watching Heroes at 9 and taping 24, instead of the other way around.

Pretty boring. I was expecting a nyce fued with the Russians... maybe Kovy would be the next of Bauer's countless enemies?

This is like two mini-seasons in one.

Come on, how did you guys NOT expect the Chinese to come in at some point?

God damn, some people are hard to please. I've enjoyed this season more then any other so far.

I actually liked it the least so far, haha. Apart from the nuke going off, I dunno, just hasn't pleased me. Then again, I'm a much bigger LOST and Heroes fan, hahaha..

its been boring. Minus the 1st episode its been down hill.

No action whatsoever, no bombs going off.

Frankly I'm getting tired of everything taking place in Los Angeles. In the 24 universe the bad guys must be really stupid. Just attack L.A.? lol now when they do an attack on Washington and not have Jack Bauer around maybe that would be more interesting.

Basically I'm getting annoyed.