No Kovalev tonight

huzer

I dont see why not... Big deal, his plane didnt land. The game is 6 hours away. Why do players need to be in the city 6 hours ahead of a game? Atheletes these days are spoiled.

Oh well. He will get some rest and for the next habs game, he will hopefully come out flying with energy on his debut. I don't think he'd want to come back and play his debut with the habs when not feeling 100%, the rest will do him some good.

They're saying he's tired from playing last night and then flying all the way to SJ... he wants to play but CJ decided not to.

Too bad because I couldn't wait to see him tonight, but it's probably a wise move. Why rush things, risk an injury or whatever.

Our playoff position is secure.

Him having the opportunity to practice with the team a little, get caught up on their system and such... an extra day or two won't hurt.

First of all, hello everyone who may remember me from a while back on the ESPN board. This looks like a better forum, looking forward to the rest of the season here.

I think there is a Kovolev interview, I heard comments just now on CJAD news, so maybe Dino and Murray will air something in their pre-game in a few minutes.

I like this trade, with Souray and Brisebois having great years and Ribs and Ryder spectacular, and now Kovalev, we have gone in one year from also-rans to, dare I say it? "Contenders"!

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

First of all, hello everyone who may remember me from a while back on the ESPN board. This looks like a better forum, looking forward to the rest of the season here.

I think there is a Kovolev interview, I heard comments just now on CJAD news, so maybe Dino and Murray will air something in their pre-game in a few minutes.

I like this trade, with Souray and Brisebois having great years and Ribs and Ryder spectacular, and now Kovalev, we have gone in one year from also-rans to, dare I say it? "Contenders"!

Hey JLP... Welcome, glad you found us (again)...

I wouldnt say we're "contenders" yet, that term is reserved for teams like the Sens/Leafs/Wings/ imo... But we are alot closer to contender status then we were a week ago, if the habs can add one more big piece (Right handed Centre? power-forward winger? Depth D-man?) ... Then we might be considered contenders...

And hey, even if we arent "contenders" , it doesnt mean we dont have a shot in the playoffs, when you have a goalie like Theodore anything can happen in the playoffs, especially for a team like Montreal which is watched over by spirits and ghosts and the like :)