~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

totally fair. Supposedly they are going to start accelerating their release schedule for DLC, so maybe more stuff you like will start showing up.

I hope so because theres quite a bit of rumored songs which I like.

Although I just noticed Guitar Hero IV has "Hallowed Be Thy Name". Thats an instant buy. Plus I found out this morning that EA and Activision worked something out so that the Guitar Hero controllers worked with Rock Band, maybe they will work something out for GH IV and RB 2.

That'd be cool, I could toss my old RB instruments if the GH ones work with RB 2.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, one of these music games needs to get some TSO. It'll probably never happen, though, since Guitar Hero is going to be like Rock Band and TSO's best songs for guitar don't have vocals. Even so, Christmas Eve/Sarajevo would be freaking sweet for Rock Band, even if it doesn't have vocals. Could be a holiday download.

Wow, it took you long enough. About time.

Is it another promotion or the one you already told me about? Congrats!

It's the same one I was expecting - but the project I told you about that I'm supposed to run won't come until Augest 25th, so they promoted me today to start doing some work on another project until then... :D

It's the same one I was expecting - but the project I told you about that I'm supposed to run won't come until Augest 25th, so they promoted me today to start doing some work on another project until then... :D

Oh, thats cool then. Whats your current project?

And I meant to ask, do you see any kind of extra money based on the sales of the games you work on? Because let me know if you do, I'll make all my friends go out and buy games whether they want to or not. :D

And I meant to ask, do you see any kind of extra money based on the sales of the games you work on? Because let me know if you do, I'll make all my friends go out and buy games whether they want to or not. :D

LOL. No dice mahn. I wish we did.

Ah, alright. I only know the chain of command in game development not the allocation of the money, haha.

Another board I go to is being unhelpful, anyone know if I can take my broken down 360 to EB and get some kind of trade-in value for it? I'm assuming they'll give me less then regular value and sell it as a refurb console but I'm not sure.

Ah, alright. I only know the chain of command in game development not the allocation of the money, haha.

Another board I go to is being unhelpful, anyone know if I can take my broken down 360 to EB and get some kind of trade-in value for it? I'm assuming they'll give me less then regular value and sell it as a refurb console but I'm not sure.

No idea bout the 360. As for the allocation of money - a good chunk goes to QA I'm sure, and we put a lot of series work into titles, but it really depends as to where the QA is at.

There's on site QA, like if you look @ Valve, everyone there does everything. They don't hire QA because everyone who works on a project is expected to do QA. It's an interesting concept. There's also on site QA for some companies where they'll have the Devs and Testers just down the hall from each other.

Then you have 3rd party QA - companies that go on contracts and such. This is where I'm @.

Point I mean to make is, the closer you are to the actual development of the game, the more money you're going to make. :P

Edited by Macaskill

Yeah, I figured as much. I know Bungie does their own testing as well (thats why they're so f*cking good at Halo) and Sony just brought in random people off the street when they tested God of War II.

Yeah, I figured as much. I know Bungie does their own testing as well (thats why they're so f*cking good at Halo) and Sony just brought in random people off the street when they tested God of War II.

Yeah, but some of the Bungie guys think they're all that - lol. They don't get much respect from what I gathered.

Off the street eh? Not a bad idea, lol - good to know someone out there is getting paid less to do my job :P.

Some companies opt to send out Beta's and get their testing done for free as well.

Yeah, but some of the Bungie guys think they're all that - lol. They don't get much respect from what I gathered.

Off the street eh? Not a bad idea, lol - good to know someone out there is getting paid less to do my job :P.

Some companies opt to send out Beta's and get their testing done for free as well.

Yep.

Love me some free beta testing. =D

(You're right, Penny Arcade always talks shit about the Halo team, haha. They hate Halo altogether though)

So the answer is no, EB won't take a 360 if something is wrong with it. I traded in 3 games though and had enough credit to get 3 games back. I was wandering around EB (I've been known to spend 2 hours wandering around an EB without buying anything) and was looking at the Gamecube games when I saw Pikmin 2. Pikmin 2. That game is crazy hard to find and I almost had a freakout moment in the store.

Also got Resistance for PS3 and NCAA 09 for 360. No longer own GTA IV, Burst Limit or Gaiden II

Playing with Tim Tebow in NCAA 09 is like playing with God. Holy crap, the man can't be stopped. Although neither can Percy Harvin for that matter.

Pikmin 2 is really good so far too. Not sure why I never got it at launch because I remember being really hyped for it, it came out a week before I started Grade 12. Really glad they did away with the time limit and I like the addition of Louie. I might be able to toss Pikmin 2 into my all-time favorites.

Mass Effect is pretty sweet. My friends from work told me it's only a 12-hour play though, but I have this tendancy to take my time and talk to every character in RPG type games, so I've already hit the 12-hour mark with little progress through the main story line... :P

Mass Effect is pretty sweet. My friends from work told me it's only a 12-hour play though, but I have this tendancy to take my time and talk to every character in RPG type games, so I've already hit the 12-hour mark with little progress through the main story line... :P

You're like me then.

Anyone here played through Ninja Gaiden 2? I've endured frustration after frustration and am now presently stuck at the last boss battle. It's complete BS, in my opinion. How is it fair to have boss battle after boss battle without any opportunities to replenish your health or items?

Yeh, I stretched it out to between 35-40 hours. I'm meticulous when it comes to RPGs.

Yeah, Gaiden 2 is one of those games you gotta persevere through. It's not fair but thats also the point. Probably one of the most challenging franchises out there.

And yeah, Mass Effect is probably more like a 10 hour game. If you want to blaze through it then it doesn't take a lot of time at all but theres certainly enough content in the game that you can really expand on your experience.

I'm going to re-iterate how awesome Pikmin 2 is. I got the new white race this morning and some stupid Bulborb decided to eat them but these ones are poisonous! Bwahahaha, now I don't feel so guilty when my Pikmin die.

Which reminds me, I should update my GS games owned list.

I FINALLY beat Ninja Gaiden 2. Definitely the most satisfying completion save Halo 3 on Legendary. I lost track how many times I almost threw the controller through the tv.

So NHL 09 is going to be the first sports MMO. So thats pretty sweet, we'll have to make a HW team.

Hopefully I get Soulcalibur IV tonight.

MMO? REally? how so? They just finished the QA on it...

I was going to get Soulcalibur IV today - but I work all weekend and possibly all next week and the weekend after that... so I'll probably wait.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/17223/NHL-09...League-Trailer/

You create your player and put yourself on a team, where you create your own jerseys. Each player has a 3rd person view and EA will do full stat-tracking for your player. The better you play, the more you can level up your player.

Edited by jetsniper

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/17223/NHL-09...League-Trailer/

You create your player and put yourself on a team, where you create your own jerseys. Each player has a 3rd person view and EA will do full stat-tracking for your player. The better you play, the more you can level up your player.

Awesome - but knowing EA - it's going to be buggy as hell still.

Awesome - but knowing EA - it's going to be buggy as hell still.

True but you have got to love the concept ... wonder if your team can trade you ! haha ... one day you sign in to your xbox and it says your traded to a crappy team from russia and they only speak russian :lol:

also the only problem I see is how to always get your team to show up to play games ... what if a few guys are missing ?

True but you have got to love the concept ... wonder if your team can trade you ! haha ... one day you sign in to your xbox and it says your traded to a crappy team from russia and they only speak russian :lol:

also the only problem I see is how to always get your team to show up to play games ... what if a few guys are missing ?

Let's go raiding! w00t!