~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

Resident Evil 5 demo is awesome. Basically plays just like Resident Evil 4 with improved graphics. Can't wait until it comes out, March 13th can't come fast enough.

F.E.A.R 2 demo was released yesterday as well, it played really well too. Was automatically sucked into the atmosphere immediately like I was with the first game, can't wait till that comes out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I got around to playing the Halo Wars demo on Friday and it was rather....interesting. They pretty much streamlined the RTS genre so that the inevitable casual frat guys who make up 90% of the Halo community can play it. It's not so much micro-managing like most RTS's are but a simplified build, attack, destroy, pretty straight forward. I was wondering how they'd get around the fact most Halo gamers wouldn't be able to cope with a real RTS but they did a pretty a good job. Purists won't like it but I had fun with it and will probably pick it up.

So I got around to playing the Halo Wars demo on Friday and it was rather....interesting. They pretty much streamlined the RTS genre so that the inevitable casual frat guys who make up 90% of the Halo community can play it. It's not so much micro-managing like most RTS's are but a simplified build, attack, destroy, pretty straight forward. I was wondering how they'd get around the fact most Halo gamers wouldn't be able to cope with a real RTS but they did a pretty a good job. Purists won't like it but I had fun with it and will probably pick it up.

You playing Halo of any sort still sounds weird.

:P

Played it yesterday - it's funny but nothing I will play for a longer period of time. So yea, it's a bit meh. :D

Btw. I don't get it why you've to pay something for such a game - I remember that there was a similar game included in one of the earlier NHL titles (for the PC)?

Edited by bombTHEice

Played it yesterday - it's funny but nothing I will play for a longer period of time. So yea, it's a bit meh. :D

Btw. I don't get it why you've to pay something for such a game - I remember that there was a similar game included in one of the earlier NHL titles (for the PC)?

Yeah, it was in NHL 2005 but no one cared about it so they took it out. Now they put it out as DLC because they're trying to capitalize on all the positive feedback from NHL 09.

Ok, this thread has been pretty much dead since October, lets liven it back up to where we used to have it.

1. I now have GTA IV for 360. Stealth already told me he's down for multiplayer action whenever.

2. Who else is excited as hell for Street Fighter IV?

ONLY TWO MORE DAYS!

Oh yeah, if you don't mind doing the trade-in thing, something is screwy at EB. I got almost full value back for all my games. I traded in 4 games and got $190. I was actually stunned a bit before I could tell the guy what I wanted. I've never seen trade values that high, highest I've seen is $35.

Tomorrow is Family Day (stat holiday in Alberta) so I can play anytime tomorrow.

Actually the next month and half or so is pretty insane for releases, that kind of late Winter/Early Spring pick-up you see after the post-Christmas dead zone.

F.E.A.R 2

Street Fighter IV

Killzone 2

Halo Wars

MadWorld

Resident Evil 5

Unfortunately, my family isn't letting me buy anything else after today until my birthday. I bought a game that I asked for last year so I ended up with 2 copies. I actually forgot I asked for it so thats where the confusion came from.

Edited by jetsniper

Oh yeah, if you don't mind doing the trade-in thing, something is screwy at EB. I got almost full value back for all my games. I traded in 4 games and got $190. I was actually stunned a bit before I could tell the guy what I wanted. I've never seen trade values that high, highest I've seen is $35.

Tomorrow is Family Day (stat holiday in Alberta) so I can play anytime tomorrow.

Actually the next month and half or so is pretty insane for releases, that kind of late Winter/Early Spring pick-up you see after the post-Christmas dead zone.

F.E.A.R 2

Street Fighter IV

Killzone 2

Halo Wars

MadWorld

Resident Evil 5

Unfortunately, my family isn't letting me buy anything else after today until my birthday. I bought a game that I asked for last year so I ended up with 2 copies. I actually forgot I asked for it so thats where the confusion came from.

Lucky bastard. :P

I dunno, I love the hell out of it... it cracks me up, and it's a nice refresher from my NHL09 season. The gf likes playing it too, so that's a bonus.

Wait, people find it funny? Why?

Speaking of DLC, I reaaaaaaally want to play Flower but that should be in the PS3 thread. It looks like the most relaxing game ever though.

I find the sound effects and the gameplay in general hilarious. I know that doesn't say much for my maturity, but oh well. :rolleyes:

I find the sound effects and the gameplay in general hilarious. I know that doesn't say much for my maturity, but oh well. :rolleyes:

Yeah, right, I'll be 22 next month and I watch cartoons still. I have nothing to say about maturity.

I just thought there was some hidden gameplay mechanic I was missing.

Street Fighter IV randomly decided to go online while I was in Arcade mode without me realizing it. My opponent suddenly changed from Chun-Li to Sagat so I thought "what the hell?" and exited. I thought the game was bugging out or something but next thing I know, I'm getting this profanity laced message from some guy for quitting. Nothing is spelled correctly either.

So I checked his profile and it says he's from Edmonton so of course I have to have some fun with that. He left right away though so now I gotta wait for him to come back.

I was quite confused though, I had no idea I was playing online and then some guy I don't know starts attacking me from out of the blue.

Btw. It seems like there will be no Sheppard in Mass Effect 2 and you'll have to start with a new character?

http://masseffect.bioware.com/teaser/index.html

I'm not sure what is going on with that. I saw on X-play that you will be able to load a save from the first Mass Effect and continue the story in to Mass Effect 2.