~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

Have you played Far Cry 2? FPS purists agree it's one of the worst shooters ever made. Theres a difference between challenge and shoddy game design. Ninja Gaiden 1/2 are challenging games. FC2 is poorly made.

FC2 certainly has its issues but it does offer some good things. The graphics are amazing, there are many hours of game play and you can attack each challenge any way you want. If you can get past the annoying guard posts, the constant driving back and forth and the lame story then it is worth a rent.

Not a great game but not the worst IMO.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FC2 certainly has its issues but it does offer some good things. The graphics are amazing, there are many hours of game play and you can attack each challenge any way you want. If you can get past the annoying guard posts, the constant driving back and forth and the lame story then it is worth a rent.

Not a great game but not the worst IMO.

What does any of that matter when the gameplay isn't fun? It's like Yahtzee said "All of the above is nothing more then a colorful sandwich wrapper. It's only when you unwrap the sandwich, you find out it contains nothing but margarine and vitamin pills"

Open world shooters are good on paper but 9 times out of 10 aren't executed properly. The game never gives you anything interesting to do and the missions eventually get repetitive and boring, especially when the group of people you're trying to complete a mission for are the ones trying to kill you. I bet I spent most of my time walking around shooting zebras in the head mostly because I was getting sick and tired of 1)Driving the jeep around 2)Trying to keep the piece of junk running when the villagers I did absolutely nothing to blew it away.

Programming friendly AI isn't that hard Ubisoft. I didn't say it was the worst but it's among them. When everyone got their hands on it, it got dropped pretty fast. The hype was up there and then it just died off because no one had fun playing it. It didn't help Fallout 3 came out a week later and everyone was still in awe of Dead Space.

So I beat Resident Evil 5 yesterday and presentation wise, it was a pretty amazing game. One of the better storylines in the series IMO. Big gameplay issues though, they really didn't change much from Resident Evil 4 and theres some things in 4 they were allowed to get away with in 2005 that you really can't anymore in 2009. Not being able to move while you shoot and weapon selecting being two of the big ones.

The cover system was pretty half-assed and if you're flying solo, Sheva is one of the worst A.I partners out there. However if you've got a buddy playing as Sheva, the game becomes 10x better. The boss battles are way more memorable from RE4 but overall the game will only be memorable because it's part of the RE series.

Now that I've beaten basically everything I own (with the exception of Pokemon Platinum), I'm thinking I might trade everything in and upgrade to a DSi. I still have my GBA SP for GBA games and I'm really sick of my big, ugly clunky original DS.

So I beat Resident Evil 5 yesterday and presentation wise, it was a pretty amazing game. One of the better storylines in the series IMO. Big gameplay issues though, they really didn't change much from Resident Evil 4 and theres some things in 4 they were allowed to get away with in 2005 that you really can't anymore in 2009. Not being able to move while you shoot and weapon selecting being two of the big ones.

The cover system was pretty half-assed and if you're flying solo, Sheva is one of the worst A.I partners out there. However if you've got a buddy playing as Sheva, the game becomes 10x better. The boss battles are way more memorable from RE4 but overall the game will only be memorable because it's part of the RE series.

Now that I've beaten basically everything I own (with the exception of Pokemon Platinum), I'm thinking I might trade everything in and upgrade to a DSi. I still have my GBA SP for GBA games and I'm really sick of my big, ugly clunky original DS.

Me too.

No, I told you it was really overrated. It's fun at first but gets boring pretty dang quickly.

Dude, you post so quickly !!! 10h38, 10h39, 10h40, 20h42, probably looking at other threads without posting... SICK !!!!

Dude, you post so quickly !!! 10h38, 10h39, 10h40, 20h42, probably looking at other threads without posting... SICK !!!!

Nah, I just usually immediately type what I'm thinking.

It gets me in trouble sometimes. :P

You just made me realize I haven't had Gold for 2 months now.

I haven't even missed it.

You don't even have Gears 2 anymore do you?

Just got TMNT and NHL 2K6 in the mail - I have no hockey games right now besides NHL Arcade, and 2k6 was cheap in points so figured it'd fix me there for a bit while TMNT is TMNT!!!

Also have Lost Planet confirmed to be shipped to me and I should have that one sometime next week. :)

I think I maybe kinda might get Halo 3 and something else today (Fallout? Fable 2? LBP?). I can't decide if I feel like going out because it's all snowy outside.

Plans for the DSi changed, now I don't think I'm getting one for another couple weeks.

Getting Halo 3 back? Maybe we can get some games in this weekend with Stealthy :P (I don't have, nor plan on getting the latest update though).

The Mythic whatever? I watched the trailer for that last night and it looks kinda fun. I'm not a fan of buying DLC updates like that though so I probably wouldn't get it anyway.

I've got a couple 48 hour Gold codes lieing around the house so yeah, if I get it then we can play. Tonight and Sunday night might be better, it'd have to be realllly late on Saturday.

The Mythic whatever? I watched the trailer for that last night and it looks kinda fun. I'm not a fan of buying DLC updates like that though so I probably wouldn't get it anyway.

I've got a couple 48 hour Gold codes lieing around the house so yeah, if I get it then we can play. Tonight and Sunday night might be better, it'd have to be realllly late on Saturday.

Sunday's looking better for me.

Ohhh Maca. *shakes head*

lol, TURTLES!!! :D

Ok, so I got Halo 3 and Bioshock. Apparently used still means new EB these days. Fallout 3 and Fable 2 were both still full price. :wacko:

I miss the days when you could get a game that was 6 months old at half price used. Now a game has to sell like shit to get that.

Maca, how do you find CSI? I'm reading about Arkham Asylum right now and they said for the detective portions of the game, they're going to do it in a CSI style. I don't remember anything positive about the game so I'm hoping they mean the show.

I threw 5 dollars down on a pre-order for the collector's edition on the PS3. You get a 14" batarang on a display stand plus the PS3 has an exclusive download. You can get The Joker for free the day the game is out for challenge mode. :D

BAA_CE_LG2.jpg

I'll be on XBL in a couple hours too. My dad's got the TV now but he's going to see The Killers tonight so I'm waiting for him to leave. Plus I want to watch Family Guy at 7. I'm hanging in there hoping that show decides to be funny again.

CSI was pretty good actually. Took 2-3 hours per mission, a total of 5 missions. Not bad at all.

I just beat TMNT as well.

I've got Lost Planet and Prey being shipped to me this week.

CSI was pretty good actually. Took 2-3 hours per mission, a total of 5 missions. Not bad at all.

I just beat TMNT as well.

I've got Lost Planet and Prey being shipped to me this week.

Prey was sweeeeeeet

Lost Planet was actually pretty good too. Not amazing or anything but it was fun to play. I was pretty stoked when Capcom announced the sequel on XBL a little while ago.