~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you guys gonna be on tonight? I'm waiting around.

Could use some cheering up now too. :(

You still on?

• 1 month later...

It's been a month since anyone posted here. I'm fixing that.

- The big secret Kojima project looks more and more like Metal Gear Solid 5. Most likely another prequel with Big Boss, ala MGS 3

-E3 starts on Monday. I, however, thought it was in July again and am going to be away in BC for the entire thing. Pretty ticked off about that. Anyway, there should be a shit-ton of news next week.

-Bioshock 2 got dated today, out November 3rd here. Will hit Europe first.

-If you have a Wii, go buy Punch-Out. It came out last week. Have a PS3? Go buy inFamous. Came out yesterday.

-6 days until The Sims 3 (I've been addicted all week to this game). 13 days until Prototype. 20 days until Ghostbusters. 27 days until The Conduit (which is getting terrible reviews so far) and 30 days until Wolfenstein.

It's actually an incredibly weak summer this year so I dunno how much gaming I'll be doing. Last summer had Metal Gear Solid IV, Soul Calibur IV and Ninja Gaiden II. Really nothing on that scope at all coming out this summer, a little disappointing. I'll probably go back and beat some games from Christmas that have been collecting dust.

It's been a month since anyone posted here. I'm fixing that.

- The big secret Kojima project looks more and more like Metal Gear Solid 5. Most likely another prequel with Big Boss, ala MGS 3

-E3 starts on Monday. I, however, thought it was in July again and am going to be away in BC for the entire thing. Pretty ticked off about that. Anyway, there should be a shit-ton of news next week.

-Bioshock 2 got dated today, out November 3rd here. Will hit Europe first.

-If you have a Wii, go buy Punch-Out. It came out last week. Have a PS3? Go buy inFamous. Came out yesterday.

-6 days until The Sims 3 (I've been addicted all week to this game). 13 days until Prototype. 20 days until Ghostbusters. 27 days until The Conduit (which is getting terrible reviews so far) and 30 days until Wolfenstein.

It's actually an incredibly weak summer this year so I dunno how much gaming I'll be doing. Last summer had Metal Gear Solid IV, Soul Calibur IV and Ninja Gaiden II. Really nothing on that scope at all coming out this summer, a little disappointing. I'll probably go back and beat some games from Christmas that have been collecting dust.

Is punchout really any good? I'm reluctant to buy games I haven't played... and none of my friends have it and I hate renting games lol.

The only 360 game I'm looking forward to (i.e., cautiously optimistic) is Batman: Arkham Asylum. I love Batman; I love Splinter Cell... so I hope I will like their love-child... But yeh, it's gonna be a quiet summer. I'm working through another season of NHL 09.

Is punchout really any good? I'm reluctant to buy games I haven't played... and none of my friends have it and I hate renting games lol.

The only 360 game I'm looking forward to (i.e., cautiously optimistic) is Batman: Arkham Asylum. I love Batman; I love Splinter Cell... so I hope I will like their love-child... But yeh, it's gonna be a quiet summer. I'm working through another season of NHL 09.

I haven't played it yet but everyone apparently says it's great but has a complete lack of features so it's not worth the full price tag. Another good Wii game (the only other worthwhile one released this year actually) is MadWorld, if you haven't checked that one out. It's probably in the same camp as Punch-Out though. Short game, not a lot to do after you beat it but damn it's a fun, stylish, provocative ride.

Batman got delayed a couple weeks ago till the end of August-sometime in September. I'd intended for that game and inFamous to be my summer but now it's not so. :( Now, since I'm a gigantic fan of the Ghostbusters, I'm hoping the game doesn't suck.

It's made by Atari though so my hopes aren't high. I'll probably buy it anyway though since I'm a diehard. It helps most of the cast is in/worked on the game.

The return of Wolfenstein is exciting though.

Batman got delayed a couple weeks ago till the end of August-sometime in September.

Aww balls...

Aww balls...

I know. It got announced like 3 days after I pre-ordered the collector's edition. Was ridiculously ticked off to hear that.

I didn't even care how it looked though. Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill on the voice cast sold me (so did the 12" batarang, already have shelf space for it underneath my model of the Tunneler/Batpod). Nostalgia FTW. I remember when it was originally supposed to be entirely an FPS and would've played like the Condemned games. THAT would've been cool.

I know. It got announced like 3 days after I pre-ordered the collector's edition. Was ridiculously ticked off to hear that.

I didn't even care how it looked though. Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill on the voice cast sold me (so did the 12" batarang, already have shelf space for it underneath my model of the Tunneler/Batpod). Nostalgia FTW. I remember when it was originally supposed to be entirely an FPS and would've played like the Condemned games. THAT would've been cool.

The Condemned angle would have been sweet, but I like the stealth route more, I think. I can't wait to swoop in and bust up some goons.

And If it plans out with a decent story, I figure it'll be worth the wait. Fingers crossed anyway.

I might have to check out the collectors edition. :clap:

I posted about the CE on the last page.

BAA_CE_LG2.jpg

And there it is. :D

As for the story, I seem to recall some writers from Batman: TAS worked on it. I don't know if you remember that show but most consider it the greatest cartoon ever made. It wasn't even for kids, really. Not by todays standards anyway.

I posted about the CE on the last page.

And there it is. :D

As for the story, I seem to recall some writers from Batman: TAS worked on it. I don't know if you remember that show but most consider it the greatest cartoon ever made. It wasn't even for kids, really. Not by todays standards anyway.

Sweet! Is the batarang functional? :)

I loved TAS btw... I booted it home after school every day to make sure I caught it. And since I wasn't allowed to watch tv until my homework was done, I had to watch with the volume way down and an ear listening for my mom lol.

Sweet! Is the batarang functional? :)

I loved TAS btw... I booted it home after school every day to make sure I caught it. And since I wasn't allowed to watch tv until my homework was done, I had to watch with the volume way down and an ear listening for my mom lol.

Sadly no, it's stuck on that little stand, haha.

TAS, Spider-Man and X-Men were my favourite shows when I was a kid. After TDK came out last year I spent the rest of July, August and bit of September re-watching the entire series and the movies. I still remember seeing Mask of the Phantasm in theaters. TV Guide even named TAS one of top 10 overall shows one year.

They showed it in the mornings too on Global I think (well it wasn't called Global back then but it was the same channel). So I'd get to watch Batman in the mornings and afternoons plus two episodes on Saturday mornings. Weekday mornings though was loaded with WB shows, I'd watch Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain too, lol.

*ahem* The same thing we do every night Pinky. TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD.

I love reminiscing over when I was a kid.

Sadly no, it's stuck on that little stand, haha.

TAS, Spider-Man and X-Men were my favourite shows when I was a kid. After TDK came out last year I spent the rest of July, August and bit of September re-watching the entire series and the movies. I still remember seeing Mask of the Phantasm in theaters. TV Guide even named TAS one of top 10 overall shows one year.

They showed it in the mornings too on Global I think (well it wasn't called Global back then but it was the same channel). So I'd get to watch Batman in the mornings and afternoons plus two episodes on Saturday mornings. Weekday mornings though was loaded with WB shows, I'd watch Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain too, lol.

*ahem* The same thing we do every night Pinky. TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD.

I love reminiscing over when I was a kid.

Ah man, now you've got the theme song to X-Men running through my head! That show was great too.

I recently rewatched the Mask of the Phantasm, and was pleasantly surprised how it stood the test of time. I'd love to rewatch TAS... I think I'll put it on my summer viewing list.

Ah man, now you've got the theme song to X-Men running through my head! That show was great too.

I recently rewatched the Mask of the Phantasm, and was pleasantly surprised how it stood the test of time. I'd love to rewatch TAS... I think I'll put it on my summer viewing list.

Funny you mention that, I was singing it out loud as I scrolled down, haha.

I actually just stumbled across saturday morning tv schedules from the 90s on Wikipedia. The nostalgia right now is just crazy. Aladdin, TMNT, Bump in the Night, Doug, Recess, The Tick, X-Men, Reboot, Garfield and Friends, Bobby's World, Gargoyles, Tiny Toon Adventures.

God I wish I was still 8 years old.

Funny you mention that, I was singing it out loud as I scrolled down, haha.

I actually just stumbled across saturday morning tv schedules from the 90s on Wikipedia. The nostalgia right now is just crazy. Aladdin, TMNT, Bump in the Night, Doug, Recess, The Tick, X-Men, Reboot, Garfield and Friends, Bobby's World, Gargoyles, Tiny Toon Adventures.

God I wish I was still 8 years old.

Wow... Apparently I watched a lot of tv as a kid! I watched pretty much all of those. I even remember wishing I was a ninja turtle lol.

Good times. ^_^

Spike apparently showed a new Mass Effect 2 trailer a few hours ago. I know theres a lot of people here interested in that game so keep an eye out for it.

Why oh why do I have to go somewhere with no internet access during E3. Stupid me.

(The rhyming is unintentional)

Oh, good, Kotaku has it up now. http://kotaku.com/5272429/shephard-but-youre-dead

Edited by jetsniper

Saw the new Team TRICO project trailer/showcase. I can't help but think that navigating ancient ruins on a cat-rat-bird will be totally more awesome than it sounds.

Edit: Is it a PS3 exclusive though? Do we even have a PS3 thread on HW?

Edited by Trizzak

I think you mean Team ICO Triz, the project is code-named "Trico". They're owned by Sony so it will be exclusive to the PS3. I'm waiting till E3 actually comes before I watch the trailer though, I'm too excited for it, I want to see it the way they meant.

There is a thread started by Colin but no one ever uses it.

I think you mean Team ICO Triz, the project is code-named "Trico". They're owned by Sony so it will be exclusive to the PS3. I'm waiting till E3 actually comes before I watch the trailer though, I'm too excited for it, I want to see it the way they meant.

There is a thread started by Colin but no one ever uses it.

Because I smell.