~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

After spending more time with Arkham Asylum, I don't think I've played a better game this year. I don't have any complaints yet, everything is enjoyable. I'm not a pack rat with games but even I want to go around and collect all the interview tapes and trophies and such. The Scarecrow levels are awesome and they're basically just teasing you with Killer Croc instead of giving you one battle and then never seeing him again. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm enjoying how all the other villains are actually part of the story instead of being lame plot devices like Two-Face was in TDK. I love that Batman takes damage as the game progresses too. He's got two giant holes in his cape and massive cut on his face right now, he just looks totally beat down.

This might be premature but Arkham Asylum has a real shot at being my GOTY. It's atleast assured Top 5. I'm really surprised at just how good this game is since it's 1)based on a comic and 2) made by Eidos. It's like bizarro land.

Maybe it's cause I'm a comic fan and I'm noticing on all the subtleties as well? Like finding Calendar Man's cell. Or getting my head screwed with by Clayface. I didn't even know it was Clayface until I saw the warning sign that said the inmate has a tendency to impersonate other personnel.

Oh and the reverse intro cut-scene was so AWESOME. When it first started, I'd been tricked into thinking my Xbox was dieing again until the Halloween bat-signal thing popped up. Did that happen to remind anyone else of Psycho Mantis from MGS? Sure did for me.

I dunno. I freakin love this game though. I'm gonna marry it.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jets, the blacked out part of your post. I thought the same thing...WTF OMG no not again! LOL

You are right about the scarecrow levels. They are absolutely amazing. Design and execution are way beyond expectations. The game is fluid and fun. I have only had one glitch thing happen to me and I'm pretty far in to the game.

Great job Eidos.

GOTY? Maybe, we will have to see what Modern Warfare does.

Jets, the blacked out part of your post. I thought the same thing...WTF OMG no not again! LOL

You are right about the scarecrow levels. They are absolutely amazing. Design and execution are way beyond expectations. The game is fluid and fun. I have only had one glitch thing happen to me and I'm pretty far in to the game.

Great job Eidos.

GOTY? Maybe, we will have to see what Modern Warfare does.

That and Uncharted 2 is the only other game I see contending right now. I beat the game a couple hours after that post so I guess my one complaint is it's kinda short. I was expecting more out of the showdown with Joker too. Minor details really though.

For some reason, I'm expecting a lot of AC2 as well. I don't know why, I hated the first one but I just figure after hearing all the complaints, Ubisoft will be able to fine tune it this time around. Theres a ridiculous amount of potential lieing in that franchise.

Finally got a 360 today :lol: The PS2 is almost dead now, and the Wii isnt picking up so I had no choice.

No Pro left on the shelves so I got an Elite.. after selling the copy of Halo 3 that came with it, it costed me $30 more than a Pro... 50 cents per extra GB, not so bad I guess.

Got Bioshock and Elder Scroll IV as my first games :)

Gamertag : JeanCanadian

Edited by Jean

Finally got a 360 today :lol: The PS2 is almost dead now, and the Wii isnt picking up so I had no choice.

No Pro left on the shelves so I got an Elite.. after selling the copy of Halo 3 that came with it, it costed me $30 more than a Pro... 50 cents per extra GB, not so bad I guess.

Got Bioshock and Elder Scroll IV as my first games :)

Gamertag : JeanCanadian

GREAT selections. Oblivion was the first game I got for my 360, and I must have logged 200 hours on it. One of my all-time favourites, and Bioshock is amazing as well.

Why'd you sell Halo 3?

Why'd you sell Halo 3?

Because i'm not interested in it :P

I'm having ton of fun downloading demos and just getting used to the multiplie functions of the 360... I love it already. Sure kicks the Wii's ass!

Oblivion was among the first games I got too, I loved it. I got it a couple weeks after though, my real first games were Perfect Dark Zero and Dead Rising. Zero was meh, Dead Rising was awesome.

Anyway, I was hanging out at my buddys place yesterday waiting to go see Inglorious Basterds. And there was a contest he'd entered that we were both hoping he'd win. And he did. It was this one.

I don't think I need to say it was awesome but I will anyway.

Oblivion was among the first games I got too, I loved it. I got it a couple weeks after though, my real first games were Perfect Dark Zero and Dead Rising. Zero was meh, Dead Rising was awesome.

Anyway, I was hanging out at my buddys place yesterday waiting to go see Inglorious Basterds. And there was a contest he'd entered that we were both hoping he'd win. And he did. It was this one.

I don't think I need to say it was awesome but I will anyway.

Yeah, sorry. I don't want to play a video game against her. I can think of a few other things that would interest me more.

Yeah, sorry. I don't want to play a video game against her. I can think of a few other things that would interest me more.

That was like the only chance at interaction with her I'll ever have in my life.

You take what you can get. And it wasn't just a video game, it was a really crappy video game. I made a sacrifice, man.

Is Prince of Persia worth it? I saw it for 25 bucks today.

Man I havent even touched Oblivion yet, i'm too busy downloading/playing countless demos :lol:

Edited by Jean

Man I havent even touched Oblivion yet, i'm too busy downloading/playing countless demos :lol:

I got PoP for Christmas last year, I certainly didn't think it was anything to write home about. I'd wait for the price to go down a bit more, personally.

I enjoyed it a fair bit. Not much replay value though.

Got Arkham Asylum for my birthday last week and finally got a chance to play it last night for the first time. This is not usually my type of game (i'm a sports gamer most of the time), but man is this game amazing.

I had to send my xbox in for repair (thankfully i had 3 weeks left on my warranty) and in return they sent me a free month of xbox live :).

So I started playing Oblivion

Woa... huge game is huge. It's... pretty overwhelming.

Hehehe, I know that feeling, I had it when I got Oblivion as well. You should check out Tales of Vesperia after you're done with Bioshock and Oblivion (which should be a while actually). Best JRPG of this generation IMO. Lost Odyssey was pretty good too though. Not great but it was good.

lol

Yep it is. Did your game come with the Shimmering Isles?

NHL 10 Preview

Looks like they need a roster update!

I thought the beginning of the Ballad of Gay Tony ad was part of the preview. :lol:

I wouldn't worry about the roster, Madden had an update out before the game was even released. I'm sure they'll be ready for NHL as well (or atleast theres no excuse not to be).

Anyone else run away after doing something after the whistle? I like seeing the entire team chase me around the rink, haha.

lol

Yep it is. Did your game come with the Shimmering Isles?

Nope, I just have the ''vanilla'' version. Just that should keep me busy for a while :lol: I'm starting to believe people who say it takes a few hundread hours if you want to 100% the game, tough I dont see myself getting that obsessive. I really enjoy the freedom the game gives you, being completely free to ignore any quest I dont feel like doing and completing those I do want to do in virtually any order.

How about other games in the same style like Fallout 3 and Mass Effect? Who's the king of the free roaming WRPG on the 360?

Sure as hell aint Two Worlds, I tried the demo and it had ''cheap knockoff of Obvliion and Diablo'' written all over it :lol:

I put about 100 hours into Oblivion and 90 into Fallout 3. Mass Effect probably more around 40. Fallout 3 was probably the best because it's the newest and had best graphics, better weapons, etc. Oblivion was pretty amazing though.

How about other games in the same style like Fallout 3 and Mass Effect? Who's the king of the free roaming WRPG on the 360?

Uh, you just named them, lol. Fable 2 was pretty good too.

Honestly, good RPGs in general on the 360 are extremely slim. Theres Oblivion, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Fable 2, Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata and Star Ocean. Thats kind of it. Infinite Undiscovery was decent too.

The Last Remnant was really bad but it was Square's attempt at a western RPG if you want to check it out.

Fallout 3 is almost as much fun as Oblivion, IMO. It's not nearly as big, but it's big enough. Mass Effect was enjoyable, but I never touched it again once I beat it.

oo Fable! I knew I was forgetting something in my short list!

While i'm at it, is theyre any game from the original XBOX that are still worth to be picked up nowadays?

Original XBOX? Theres a few

Knights of the Old Republic 1+2

Psychonauts

Ninja Gaiden (Black if you can find it)

Panzer Dragoon Orta

Jade Empire

Fable

Max Payne 1+2

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

MechAssault

Beyond Good and Evil