~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

I played the new FEAR DLC and I can say that it was fun but wow is it ever short, around 1.5 hours. It does add to the story (it is all about Fettel) and raises some interesting questions. Only for the hardcore FEAR fans though. 800 points for 1.5 hours is pretty steep!

Anyone see the new footage of Bioshock multiplayer? It looks pretty generic but really hectic gameplay. I hope the come up with some cool game modes other than death match.

Original XBOX? Theres a few

Knights of the Old Republic 1+2

Psychonauts

Ninja Gaiden (Black if you can find it)

Panzer Dragoon Orta

Jade Empire

Fable

Max Payne 1+2

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

MechAssault

Beyond Good and Evil

That is a great list!

I will add the Prince of Persia games. They were among my favorites for the Xbox.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While i'm at it, is theyre any game from the original XBOX that are still worth to be picked up nowadays?

I only personally played it on PC, but Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast was one of my favorite games. I'd re-install it and play again, but for some reason is won't work on the computer I got since then.

I only personally played it on PC, but Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast was one of my favourite games. I'd re-install it and play again, but for some reason is won't work on the computer I got since then.

:clap:

I loved that game so much.

Oh god, my friend had that game and he'd play it whenever I went to his house. I fuc*ing fell asleep every time. I even borrowed it once and fell asleep while playing it. Only other time thats happened is with the first Animal Crossing.

Lego, Battlefront and KOTOR. Only Star Wars games worth a damn if you're not a fan. I'm pretty stoked for The Old Republic. Actually I had a couple interviews to work on that game back in May thanks to Colin and Maca.

I played the new FEAR DLC and I can say that it was fun but wow is it ever short, around 1.5 hours. It does add to the story (it is all about Fettel) and raises some interesting questions. Only for the hardcore FEAR fans though. 800 points for 1.5 hours is pretty steep!

Anyone see the new footage of Bioshock multiplayer? It looks pretty generic but really hectic gameplay. I hope the come up with some cool game modes other than death match.

That is a great list!

I will add the Prince of Persia games. They were among my favorites for the Xbox.

I traded FEAR 2 in so I could get Arkham, what was the story about? I hated the ending of that game, hoping they added a bit more to it

Prince of Persia was one series I was thinking about but I was trying to stay away from multi-console stuff. Microsoft actually offers some really good Xbox games on their Originals service (although it was recently shut down so there won't be anything else coming). But you can get stuff like Psychonauts and Jade Empire on there. Mass Effect is up on their Games on Demand service too.

Edited by jetsniper

I doubt anyone here will play the FEAR DLC but this is a SPOILER

The FEAR story is about a replica soldier who is being influenced by Fettel. Fettel is sitting in a locked cell and is mind controlling the soldier to come to him. This replica soldier has the enhanced reflexes (slow down time) and Fettel calls him brother. The soldier fights his way to Fettel's cell and then submits to him. Fettel moves his consciousness to the replica's body and is reborn.

So I wonder if there are three brothers. I wonder if Fettel now has mind powers as well as enhanced reflexes. I wonder how this will tie in to FEAR 3.

I just bought 2 original XBOX games : Knights of the Old Republic I and Shenmue 2 :)

I LOVED Shenmue 1 on the DC so I cant wait to see what the second one is like.

Two questions about Goozex: Do you have to pay for shipping either way? Would trading PS2 games get me points to use on any system, or just to get other PS2 games?

You have to pay for shipping if you're the one sending the game but not the other way. The points you get can be used for any system, not just the console you're trading from.

You have to pay for shipping if you're the one sending the game but not the other way. The points you get can be used for any system, not just the console you're trading from.

This.

&&& Basically to receive a game, you have to have a trade token which is equivalent to 1$. So you don't have to pay the shipping on a game that you are getting, but you have to give [1 Trade Token] + [100Pts] or however many points the game is.

This.

&&& Basically to receive a game, you have to have a trade token which is equivalent to 1$. So you don't have to pay the shipping on a game that you are getting, but you have to give [1 Trade Token] + [100Pts] or however many points the game is.

Right, forgot about the trading token thing.

You get a free token and 100 points for signing up too. So basically a free game.

You get a free token and 100 points for signing up too. So basically a free game.

Which is totally awesome! Especially now that there are a lot of X360 games that go for 100pts. (When I signed up, there weren't any at all... or... no full titles for 100pts)

Which is totally awesome! Especially now that there are a lot of X360 games that go for 100pts. (When I signed up, there weren't any at all... or... no full titles for 100pts)

No, not for this gen, I had to look through last gen when I signed up too. I ended up getting KOTOR which was pretty f*cking sweet. The guy didn't have the case but I didn't care.

Just noticed, you can trade in movies now too. I have a whole bunch of DVDs I don't want anymore so thats pretty sweet.

No, not for this gen, I had to look through last gen when I signed up too. I ended up getting KOTOR which was pretty f*cking sweet. The guy didn't have the case but I didn't care.

Just noticed, you can trade in movies now too. I have a whole bunch of DVDs I don't want anymore so thats pretty sweet.

Yeah, I already got Signs in the mail (one of my favourite movies)... and have Chasing Amy on the way (everyone tells me I have to see Chasing Amy).

Well, I got bored waiting for the Labour Day game to start so I started working on this early. My decade retrospective on gaming. I wasn't gonna do this until a couple days after Christmas but I figured it wouldn't hurt now since theres not a lot to look forward to for the rest of the year so my 2009 list won't be affected too much. It's got two open spots and then the bottom 1 or 2 will probably get kicked off. Seeing as I did this so early, I've got time to try and turn it into an actual article. Don't know how but I'll come up with ideas.

I realize no one will probably care about this but I like sharing weird stuff that I come up with like this, I make weird lists in HWL all the time for my team. At the very least, someone can use it for suggestions or something. At the most, it generates some actual discussion because I had to rely on some pretty piss poor lists for release dates (plus my own memory) so for all I know I'm missing a huge game that someone else remembers.

Anyway, I'm rambling so here it is. These are ranked too so the top game is my #1 and so on:

Perfect Dark (N64)

Pokemon Silver (GBC)

Majora's Mask (N64)

Final Fantasy IX (PS1)

Vagrant Story (PS1)

Diablo II (PC)

Chrono Cross (PS1)

Counter Strike (PC)

C&C Red Alert 2 (PC)

Banjo Tooie (N64)

Golden Sun (GBA)

Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2)

Halo (Xbox)

Ico (PS2)

Final Fantasy X (PS2)

Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN)

Paper Mario (N64)

Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64)

Pikmin (GCN)

Devil May Cry (PS2)

Metroid Prime (GCN)

Eternal Darkness (GCN)

Kingdom Hearts (PS2)

Warcraft III (PC)

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Xbox)

RE: Remake (GCN)

Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis (GBA)

Mechassault (Xbox)

Animal Crossing (GCN)

Star Fox Adventures (GCN)

Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox)

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GCN)

Panzer Dragoon Orta (Xbox)

Soul Calibur 2 (GCN)

Freedom Fighters (GCN)

Beyond Good and Evil (PS2)

Viewtiful Joe (GCN)

Xenosaga (PS2)

Pokemon Sapphire (GBA)

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (GCN)

Half Life 2 (PC)

Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2)

Burnout 3: Takedown (PS2)

Tales of Symphonia (GCN)

Pikmin 2 (GCN)

Doom 3 (PC)

Halo 2 (Xbox)

Ninja Gaiden (Xbox)

Katamari Damacy (PS2)

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Resident Evil 4 (GCN)

Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)

God of War (PS2)

Dragon Quest VIII (PS2)

Jade Empire (Xbox)

Psychonauts (Xbox)

Advance Wars: Dual Strike (DS)

F.E.A.R (PC)

Guitar Hero (PS2)

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS)

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (X360)

Okami (PS2)

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)

Gears of War (X360)

Final Fantasy XII (PS2)

Elite Beat Agents (NDS)

Dead Rising (X360)

Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2)

Rainbow Six: Vegas (X360)

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (X360)

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

Mass Effect (X360)

Bioshock (X360)

Call of Duty IV (PS3)

God of War 2 (PS2)

Uncharted (PS3)

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii)

Motorstorm (PS3)

Metroid Prime 3 (Wii)

Halo 3 (X360)

LittleBigPlanet (PS3)

Metal Gear Solid IV (PS3)

Tales of Vesperia (X360)

The World Ends With You (DS)

Fallout 3 (PS3)

Persona 4 (PS2)

No More Heroes (Wii)

Mirror's Edge (PS3)

Resistance 2 (PS3)

Gears of War 2 (X360)

Batman: Arkham Asylum (X360)

Street Fighter IV (X360)

Flower (PS3)

Shadow Complex (X360)

inFamous (PS3)

The Sims 3 (PC)

Pokemon Platinum (DS)

MadWorld (Wii)

Resident Evil 5 (X360)

N64 - 5

PS1 - 3

Xbox - 9

PS2 - 19

GCN - 16

X360 - 14

PS3 - 10

Wii - 6

PC - 8

GBA - 3

GBC - 1

DS - 5

Cool list Jets.

My all time favourite has got to be Red Alert 2. That game is amazing and it is a real shame what EA did with Red Alert 3.

After that I would have to say Oblivion is my next most loved game. I know there are lots of people that say Morrowind is better but it was way too involved for me. Oblivion is perfectly for my level of RPGness. I also loved Mass Effect and the original Fable. Fallout 3 is a great game too.

For shooters I would say Bioshock is number 1 followed by Call of Duty 3, then 4, then 5. Halo 1 and 2 were also great.

Psychonauts and Beyond Good and Evil were my favourite platformer/adventure games. Followed closely by the Prince of Persia games. After being teased by a brief trailer I am anxiously awaiting Beyond Good and Evil 2. I hope they make a Psychonauts 2 some day as well, that game was really unique.

See, I always have a problem mixing up generations when it comes to figuring out my all-time list. Perfect Dark is one of my favourite FPS's ever but it was on the 64 so trying to compare it to Call of Duty IV (which is my favourite this gen) is completely unfair because the 360/PS3 have that much more power. So I end up just having to seperate them that way otherwise something is gonna get lost in the dust.

My favourite game ever? I hate that it's so new school since I'd guess it would be something on the SNES but 2005 was a great year for me personally. My top 2 that year are in a tie for favourite game ever, loved Resident Evil 4 and Shadow of the Colossus. Ocarina of Time will always have a special place for me too, that game had me in awe when I was 12 and it still stands up pretty well today.

I remember someone pointed out at my buddy's birthday last year that OoT had just become 10 years old. There was a moment where everyone at the table felt ridiculously old, haha.

Favourite game ever?

Half Life. Everything else is a weak copy.

I've only played a shitty PS2 (PS1? I forget but it was a Sony console) port that I didn't like much. I still want to play the PC original. And I know Half-Life doesn't suck because 2 was damn amazing so I blame it on the shitty port. 2 ranks in my all-time favorites.

Bought Capcom's Triple Pack : Devil May Cry 4, Lost Planet and Dead Rising. 3 games for not even the price of 1 :)

I would had eventually bought DMC and DR anyways. I see Lost Planet as a free bonus :) If it suck, no big deal.

Bought Capcom's Triple Pack : Devil May Cry 4, Lost Planet and Dead Rising. 3 games for not even the price of 1 :)

I would had eventually bought DMC and DR anyways. I see Lost Planet as a free bonus :) If it suck, no big deal.

DMC 4 was a big step up from DMC 3 IMO. Not as good as 1 or 2 but still good in it's own right. Dead Rising was the first game I got with my 360 and I had huge amounts of fun with that game. I can't wait for the sequel (where it's looking likely it'll have online multiplayer!). Lost Planet, it wasn't a great game but it was still really solid. The mechanics of it take some getting used to but it is a fun game. I did find the mechs to be somewhat clunky to use though. Again, really looking forward to Lost Planet 2. Kudos those, thats a great deal. I bought all those games on their own when they first came out.

The Dreamcast turned 10 yesterday (already!) so I've been playing a lot of Dreamcast stuff over the last few days to mark the occasion. I don't know how anyone else feels but the Dreamcast is one of the more underrated consoles of all-time. It actually had a lot to offer, first console ever to offer online capabilities. I remember reading about playing online with the DC when I was 11 or 12 in EGM or something and it completely blew my mind. And only 10 years later, now look where the industry is at. I'd say half of it revolves around what you can do online.

Anyway, to mark the occasion, Sega announced a new 2-D (thats right, 2-D!) Sonic game. Another franchise is going retro and this time I'm excited. 3-D hasn't been kind to Sonic outside of maybe the Adventure series.

Last question: anyone gonna buy the Sex-Box? :lol: