~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

Man, the second half of Devil May Cry 4 is so lazyyyyy. Capcom ran out of time or what?

Same stages, same bosses, just backwards and with a new characther. I actually liked playing as Nero better, too.

Sucks because I really enjoyed the first half of the game.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, this NHL 10 soundtrack is f*cking brutal. Looks like I'll be making a custom playlist on my iPod.

Nickelback? (new) Green Day? And Dragonforce? For real? Ack.

Game's really good though, it's just NHL 09 with board play. GM Mode seems way too convoluted right now though. Playoff mode and fantasy draft are back though so I'm still happy. How retro.

Man, this NHL 10 soundtrack is f*cking brutal. Looks like I'll be making a custom playlist on my iPod.

Nickelback? (new) Green Day? And Dragonforce? For real? Ack.

Game's really good though, it's just NHL 09 with board play. GM Mode seems way too convoluted right now though. Playoff mode and fantasy draft are back though so I'm still happy. How retro.

What's wrong with Nickelback? ;)

And suddenly you have my attention. GM Mode? Do you have to play the games, or can you be the GM and do all the stuff we do in our HWL league and have a great time that way?

How convoluted is it? Very excitingly convoluted?

What's wrong with Nickelback? ;)

And suddenly you have my attention. GM Mode? Do you have to play the games, or can you be the GM and do all the stuff we do in our HWL league and have a great time that way?

How convoluted is it? Very excitingly convoluted?

No you don't have to play the games. It's just the new name for the Dynasty mode with a lot of added "GM-type" features. You have to work on your reputation. Winning games, making good trade offers, good contract offers will improve your reputation and more teams/players will want to talk to you. Make crappy trade offers and bad contract offers and teams/players will eventually not even take your call. Trades now are based off a lot more then just OA. It's based on skill, contract size and age which is all formed into a players trade value which shows up on the trade screen instead of just their overall. So unlike past games, Alex Pietrangelo has immensely more trade value then say Brendan Shanahan (just using my fantasy team as an example). Signing a player and immediately trading them is another way to ruin your reputation.

Convoluted in just theres a lot of new stuff to adjust to. You can't just go around firing off stupid trade offers anymore because otherwise teams are gonna stop listening to you.

I've also noticed they've basically taken away the cross-crease goal that annoyed everyone but I'm finding that I can score at will with shots from the point now. Basically everything goes in. My d-men are gonna end up with more goals then my forwards. Not really liking that. I think I scored 8 goals that way in a 13-0 thrashing of the Canucks.

I've also noticed they've basically taken away the cross-crease goal that annoyed everyone but I'm finding that I can score at will with shots from the point now. Basically everything goes in. My d-men are gonna end up with more goals then my forwards. Not really liking that. I think I scored 8 goals that way in a 13-0 thrashing of the Canucks.

That's so funny. I think 90% of my goals have been the cross-crease one-timer. What I found doesn't work anymore is the wrist shot from the high slot, after cutting in and using the D as a screen.

That's so funny. I think 90% of my goals have been the cross-crease one-timer. What I found doesn't work anymore is the wrist shot from the high slot, after cutting in and using the D as a screen.

Nah, I can still do that. I've been getting it top corner a lot with Ovie and Ryder.

Just picked up NHL 10 and pre-ordered Halo 3 ODST. ^_^

This should be fun.

Hell yeah, I pre-ordered ODST yesterday. I didn't really care about it but now that I know it's coming, I'm pretty excited. Newegg shipped some copies out early while France has already been playing it for like a month. Response right now is positive, have to see what the reviews are like.

Hell yeah, I pre-ordered ODST yesterday. I didn't really care about it but now that I know it's coming, I'm pretty excited. Newegg shipped some copies out early while France has already been playing it for like a month. Response right now is positive, have to see what the reviews are like.

France has had it for a month now? Well it'll be fun nonetheless so we can get in some gaming again for once.

I'm going to go give NHL a try now.

France has had it for a month now? Well it'll be fun nonetheless so we can get in some gaming again for once.

I'm going to go give NHL a try now.

Stores all over France broke the release date by accident for like, a week. A ton of copies were sold before Microsoft could do anything about it.

Started Dead Rising. I'm ignoring the storyline and just concentrating on killin' zombies :D

Started Dead Rising. I'm ignoring the storyline and just concentrating on killin' zombies :D

Shit, I think everyone did that. Although people were pissed when it was revealed Frank won't be in DR2

Got NHL 10 yesterday ... had today off ... played a bunch ... xbox died an hour ago :( ... E74 red ring of hardware death. Thankfully I have got the Best Buy Warranty

That sucks, RROD's seem to happen as soon as you get a good game. My friend got a RROD the same day Gears of War 2 came out. It was the same day we went out for a friends birthday so I spent the whole day making fun of him. Telling him how awesome it will be to go home and play Gears of War all weekend and how much we'll play online without him. It was fun.

Of course mine died a couple weeks later right after L4D came out. So, you know, karma.

That sucks, RROD's seem to happen as soon as you get a good game. My friend got a RROD the same day Gears of War 2 came out. It was the same day we went out for a friends birthday so I spent the whole day making fun of him. Telling him how awesome it will be to go home and play Gears of War all weekend and how much we'll play online without him. It was fun.

Of course mine died a couple weeks later right after L4D came out. So, you know, karma.

Yeah my last box died about this time last year ... but I think it was before NHL09 came out though.

Gave Lost Planet a try... doesnt seem to be anything really wrong with the game but i'm not enjoying it that much. Then again, I'm not really into FPS to start with.

So Arkham Asylum is releasing another free DLC map pack... but here's the catch.... It's PS3 exclusive in North America.

Mother-fornicating bull feces...

I'm irked.

How long is the SP campaign? I heard it was pretty short.

5-6 hours

So Arkham Asylum is releasing another free DLC map pack... but here's the catch.... It's PS3 exclusive in North America.

Mother-fornicating bull feces...

I'm irked.

It's only fair, PS3 owners got the shaft when it came to Fallout DLC. Don't forget PS3 owners also get The Joker as a playable character in challenge mode.

5-6 hours

It's only fair, PS3 owners got the shaft when it came to Fallout DLC. Don't forget PS3 owners also get The Joker as a playable character in challenge mode.

I hadn't forgotten... I'd repressed it. It's different. :angry:

But yeh, PS3 typically gets the shaft, but I don't care. That's why I bought a 360. ^_^