~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

I actually saw Fat Princess reviewed on Reviews on the Run and it looked like a great game. Ratchet and Clank is one that I forgot about and would probably enjoy. I'll have to check out the other games you mentioned and I should have added God of War 3 to my list. Too bad about Killzone...

My gaming schedule is about to become very tight soon though. Dragon Age Origins releases soon and that will suck my life away - I love Bioware. A week after that release comes the big daddy of all shooters, Modern Warfare 2. My social life will cease after that as I MUST prestige!

Then comes Bioshock 2 and Mass Effect 2 (did I mention that I love Bioware!!!) and a whole bunch of other games in February/March.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually saw Fat Princess reviewed on Reviews on the Run and it looked like a great game. Ratchet and Clank is one that I forgot about and would probably enjoy. I'll have to check out the other games you mentioned and I should have added God of War 3 to my list. Too bad about Killzone...

My gaming schedule is about to become very tight soon though. Dragon Age Origins releases soon and that will suck my life away - I love Bioware. A week after that release comes the big daddy of all shooters, Modern Warfare 2. My social life will cease after that as I MUST prestige!

Then comes Bioshock 2 and Mass Effect 2 (did I mention that I love Bioware!!!) and a whole bunch of other games in February/March.

Hehe, I almost got a job at Bioware during the summer. Still potentially can too.

My schedule is about to get ridiculous too. 6 games this month alone, I hate the holiday season because I can't keep up. This year isn't as bad as 2007 or 2008 but still. I'm really lucky my DS is broken because it has the most top end releases out of any console this year, I think.

2010 gets off to a quick start too like you said. Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Dead Rising 2, Max Payne 3, MAG, God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5, No More Heroes 2, Red Steel 2, Sin and Punishment 2.

Thank god my birthday is in the same timespan.

Got some more Batman in yesterday, definitely getting interesting now that I've made my way through basically the tutorial mission to learn all the mechanics of the game... though I'm sure there remain a few to pick up along the way.

On Xplay they were saying that it takes one week to program just one car and there are more than 1000 cars in the game! No wonder it is so often pushed back.

Holy crap, they added more? Last I heard there were 950.

I would never buy it but I rented Brutal Legends today. It is a really different type of game. It is a mix of hack and slash with weak RTS play. The voice acting is outstanding (Ozzy, Lemmy, Jack Black). The game play is meh... Great script though. Many moments/comments that made me LOL.

I wouldn't buy it but if you are waiting for the big games to come out then it is worth a rental.

Walmart has Borderlands listed as a $39 game next week which is a pretty good price! Two more weeks till Dragon Age :clap:

Hey, Brutal Legend came from the mind of Tim Schafer, it's a big release all on it's own. I've got other games I'm more excited for (like Smackdown Vs Raw, Borderlands and Forza 3 for upcoming releases. I was gonna skip SD! this year but the story editor looks tight as hell) but Brutal Legend is one I'll pick up eventually. I've heard it starts off really well but starts to get a little worse as the game progresses.

I enjoy telling stories of my own stupidity so here we go.

Bought Uncharted 2 on Friday right before I went out to BC to work for the weekend. I brought my PS3 just in case I had some time to play but I only got about 5 minutes in. So nothing to do today so I thought I'd get some Uncharted 2 in. First the game freezes on the menu screen. So I restart and try again, this time it only gets to the initial loading screen. I check the internet to see if anyone else is having problems and apparently the game is frying the original 60 gig systems (what I have). So I try another game just to be sure and screw around with LittleBigPlanet, everything worked fine. So thoughts are going through my head of possibly sending this thing in for repair or buying the Slim or exchanging the disc, nothing I really feel like doing. So I go to put the Uncharted disc back in and just randomly look at the other side of the disc.

It's got a hunk of donut stuck to it and is smeared with blueberry filling. I went to Tim Horton's for breakfast this morning.

Cleaned it all off, everything worked like a dream, been playing for a few hours now. Couldn't do anything other then laugh at myself. Being the tech freak I am though, checking to see if the disc was dirty should've been one of the first things I thought of, haha. Oh well.

Game is good too. Better then Arkham. Also Futureshop and Best Buy are price matching Wal-Mart on Borderlands. I don't know how long thats all lasting though but I'll definitely be partaking in this deal.

Aw man, that Borderlands deal was only today. It's supposed to go for a week! Everyone sold out before I could get a chance to pick it up yesterday.

F*ck.

I ran around like a mad man looking for stock on that deal. Found a copy at a Futureshop that is located in an industrial area. I don't know how they stay open!

Borderlands is pretty good. The first two hours or so is really boring and the re spawning enemies can get a bit tedious. If you can make it past the learning stages the game opens up nicely.

If anyone is up for some co-op (on the 360) send me an invite.

11 more days until the GOTY comes out.

Lego Indiana Jones was bundled with my XBOX.. I finally tried it out of curiosty and I was pleasantly surprised. I actually had lot of fun playing it!

Lego Indiana Jones was bundled with my XBOX.. I finally tried it out of curiosty and I was pleasantly surprised. I actually had lot of fun playing it!

Lego games are fantastic. The Star Wars ones are even better than the Indiana Jones one.

They're pretty good for a pick up and play option. A nice starter for trying to get a girlfriend interested in games, I've found.

Indiana Jones is actually probably the worst of the bunch so if you enjoyed that one, check out the others. General opinion has Batman as the best option because the whole game is completely original followed really closely by Star Wars. Although critically Lego Star Wars 2 is the best.

Lego Rock Band is up next, lol. It's out in a couple weeks. Considering they wanted a family-friendly song list, it's pretty good. I mean any song list that has the Ghostbusters theme has to be good. If I still cared about Rock Band/Guitar Hero, I'd actually pick it up.

Wow, I was completely misinformed about Dragon Age.

1. I thought it was a MMO

2. I thought it was PC only

Looks like Forza 3 is gonna have to wait!

WOOHOO! Just over one week to go!!!!

I see Dragon Age as similar to Oblivion but much deeper and richer. Signature Bioware story telling and Mass Effect style squad gameplay. I am playing Borderlands as hard as I can right now because I want my game slate clear for Nov. 3. One of the devs has been pumping up the game a lot recently. He is saying that in order to see all parts of the game and do every quest it will take over 800 hours :blink:

WOOHOO! Just over one week to go!!!!

I see Dragon Age as similar to Oblivion but much deeper and richer. Signature Bioware story telling and Mass Effect style squad gameplay. I am playing Borderlands as hard as I can right now because I want my game slate clear for Nov. 3. One of the devs has been pumping up the game a lot recently. He is saying that in order to see all parts of the game and do every quest it will take over 800 hours :blink:

From what I've gathered in the last 12 hours, I think I'm seeing it the same way as you. My friend thinks I'm a r-tard after the conversation I had with him about it last night though. :lol:

I am so ridiculously psyched for this game now. A fantasy-style Bioware game? Yes please! They're even looking at bringing in Mod support for the PS3 version.

What's this about Dragon Age? Sounds like my kind of game!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DragonAge

http://www.youtube.com/user/dragonage