~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have played Dragon Age for about 5 hours and my impressions so far:

-graphics aren't as terrible as some reviewer's make it out to be. Not going to win any contests but they aren't horrible either.

-the story is amazing. The voice acting and plot are outstanding.

-this is a very DEEP RPG. If you are not used to deep RPGs (Oblivion is not deep) then this game offers a very steep learning curve.

-strong moral choices that are clear but I'm unaware of the consequences yet.

-combat is not hack and slash like Oblivion. Stats like stamina have serious impacts.

-very challenging game. You must use tactics and your team or else you die.

Looking forward to playing more.

Sweet, sounds like my kind of game. Can't get around to getting it today but I'll have it before the week is over. That plus Modern Warfare 2 means my game buying is done for the year unless I get some kind of disposable income somewhere. I'm trying to fly through some of the games I already have so I can do a trade-in for Forza or Demon's Souls.

I find Bioware's graphics are never impressive, Mass Effects weren't either. But they make up for it in terms of story and gameplay which is where the real focus of a game should be. I wish they'd let us know if a Jade Empire sequel is for real.

Dragon Age is absolutely awesome. If you have the time and patience to play and listen to the story I highly recommend it.

Modern Warfare 2 is out in just a few hours :clap:

Getting both tomorrow along with Forza 3. I can't wait. :D

The MW2 launch trailer is awesome.

Sooo, I just got NHL10 in the mail (Finally) via Goozex.

Who has it? Who wants to start a team? :D

If you're still interested in NHL around Christmas, I can play.

Although I wonder if you can use a pre-paid credit card to buy Live. I don't want to shell out the full 60 because I'm trying to save money for Christmas shopping but I could get a month or something.

I guess thats a maybe then. :P

Picked up MW2 at midnight last night .... one word to describe this game so far INSANE ! ... when a game asks you if you get offended easily so it will skip a level if you do, That's insane :lol:

Wow, they ask if you want to skip it? I can't believe Infinity Ward actually got scared.

That level leaked to the internet a couple weeks ago and the media picked up on it. Then of course they made way too much of a big deal about it because old conservative people hate video games and having fun in general. I didn't think IW would care though.

Like does anyone remember that guy from some Christian site who went absolutely bonkers because there was sex in Mass Effect? He called the game a sex simulator. I got into a big e-mail argument with the guy.

Edited by jetsniper

Sooo, I just got NHL10 in the mail (Finally) via Goozex.

Who has it? Who wants to start a team? :D

I'm with Jets, if you're still interested by December I'm in. I have a free month of live that I'm waiting to use for when my schedule will be lighter.

Holy crap, every electronics store is going insane for Modern Warfare 2. EB was friggin madness (which kinda sucked because I wasn't even there for MW2. I got it at Futureshop, it was 10 bucks cheaper)

I'm with Jets, if you're still interested by December I'm in. I have a free month of live that I'm waiting to use for when my schedule will be lighter.

Yeah, I gotta wait till Christmas. I bought my first subscription on Christmas Eve in 06 and got another year for Christmas every year since then until last year. I want to get that same cycle started up again so I technically never have to get it myself. So, I gotta wait.

I'm still playing NHL 10 all the time though so I won't be tired of it by then.

The first Modern Warfare was tactical too.

COD 4 had a tactical feel to it but it was still the same old arcade style shooter that COD has always been.

MW2 is a 1 or 2 shot kill now. No more half a P90 clip to kill someone. It makes run and gunners useless and campers reign supreme. The one great thing is that there is no more grenade spam. You only get one... The battles are chaotic with helicopters bringing stuff and attack choppers and harriers and stealth bombers and un-manned turrets all going off everywhere at the same time.

I still don't know what to think of the multiplayer.

The snow level in the campaign (I'm sure most have seen the snowmobile footage) is incredible.

Hell yeah, first game online with this years edition - at least I beat the crap out of your Pens. :P

Is that the time you're usually online right now? If so I'll try to be online at this time more often.

My online time is sort of scattered... I was only on yesterday because I skipped out on two of my classes because I was too sick to go in, lol.

Lol yeah, you wrecked havoc on my guys, and I still don't know how to score, but still managed the win :P. Good thing I got that second goal, haha, when you got your goal I was getting worried.

My online time is sort of scattered... I was only on yesterday because I skipped out on two of my classes because I was too sick to go in, lol.

Lol yeah, you wrecked havoc on my guys, and I still don't know how to score, but still managed the win :P. Good thing I got that second goal, haha, when you got your goal I was getting worried.

I see, heck, I'm sure I'll get my revenge soon. ^_^

Yeah, scoring is a problem ... btw. I don't like those dmd pre-tactics for online gaming, though I'm also too lazy to change it in-game. :P

I see, heck, I'm sure I'll get my revenge soon. ^_^

Yeah, scoring is a problem ... btw. I don't like those dmd pre-tactics for online gaming, though I'm also too lazy to change it in-game. :P

The ones controlled on d-pad? I accidently hit some and nextg thing I know I had all my guys attacking haha

COD 4 had a tactical feel to it but it was still the same old arcade style shooter that COD has always been.

Then our experiences with the game were entirely different because MW1 was far from an arcade style shooter. It's much closer to Rainbow Six then Halo. Agree to disagree I guess.

The ones controlled on d-pad? I accidently hit some and nextg thing I know I had all my guys attacking haha

Exactly these ... it screws everything up and then I'm too lazy to change them back. ^_^

Btw. Microsoft bans 1 million Xbox Live players

That many because of hacked COD 6 games or were they just general cleaning up all those hacker dudes?

Edited by bombTHEice

Exactly these ... it screws everything up and then I'm too lazy to change them back. ^_^

Btw. Microsoft bans 1 million Xbox Live players

That many because of hacked COD 6 games or were they just general cleaning up all those hacker dudes?

Cleaning up.

Happened to a friend of mine actually :P He had a modded X360

It's not just modded consoles that are getting banned though. It's anyone who's been flagged over the course of the last year or something. The first ban wave started the day before Halloween and they've been going consistently since then. They haven't banned a million yet, thats the number they want to reach by Christmas. Right now they're only around 600k.

The pirating community is in shambles though, so far they haven't been able to figure out how Microsoft is flagging their modded consoles so they can't come up with a fix for it yet, they just have to buy a new console. The guy in charge of all this ended up with his number being posted on 4chan and received death threats against himself, his wife and his dog.

Ridiculously smart move by Microsoft though.

So the official numbers are in for Modern Warfare 2 and needless to say, they're impressive. The game sold 4.7 million units in a 24 hour period grossing $315 million which breaks all day one game sales records. The previous title holder was GTA IV which sold 3.6 million units on day one. Breaking the record by that much is impressive to me, it looks like Halo has been replaced as the frat boy's game of choice.

Also MW2's first day sales already account for one third of it's predecessors TOTAL sales (it sold 14 mil).