~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

Yeah there seems to be close to a million players on MW2 at any given time. That is huge! I don't care about leaderboards and stats but it sucks to see my rank in the millions...

The multiplayer is growing on me and I'm really loving it now. Need to get back to the campaign and try out some spec ops.

What did you think about the snow level Jets? Insanely awesome or what :clap:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah there seems to be close to a million players on MW2 at any given time. That is huge! I don't care about leaderboards and stats but it sucks to see my rank in the millions...

The multiplayer is growing on me and I'm really loving it now. Need to get back to the campaign and try out some spec ops.

What did you think about the snow level Jets? Insanely awesome or what :clap:

I think it took me longer then it should've to get used to those icepicks. :lol:

The snowmobile chase though...oh man. Crazy awesome. :clap:

I picked up Assassin's Creed 2 today and have spent a few hours with it already. So far so good, it's looking to be better then the first one in every way possible. Ubisoft did a good job addressing all the complaints. The character models kind of bug me though, the males all have a googly eye thing going on.

I was pretty vocal here in my hatred for the first one so if you're like me and didn't like the first one, check out the sequel.

Just so you know Maca, I figured out why we sucked so bad in the team play matches....

:lol:

lol wjhy?

We never did anything to boost our stats. That's why we were so weak and slow.

I made sure that I'll be ready to go the next time we play. ;)

We never did anything to boost our stats. That's why we were so weak and slow.

I made sure that I'll be ready to go the next time we play. ;)

lol, my guy is boosted... :( I even bought the Power Forward pack.... lol

lol, my guy is boosted... :( I even bought the Power Forward pack.... lol

:huh:

Well you were fine then. I just boosted my guy up for next time.

I was thinking about buying the power forward booster pack too.....

I picked up Assassin's Creed 2 today and have spent a few hours with it already. So far so good, it's looking to be better then the first one in every way possible. Ubisoft did a good job addressing all the complaints. The character models kind of bug me though, the males all have a googly eye thing going on.

I was pretty vocal here in my hatred for the first one so if you're like me and didn't like the first one, check out the sequel.

Yeh, I'm loving AC2. You're right about the eyes, but really I can't think of anything else off about it. I'm really liking not switching between time periods all the time.

Dammit, you guys bought that shit?

That kind of thing is why I hate the whole concept of DLC. Stop giving EA more reasons to charge us for stupid crap.

Only because I have no time to actually boost my player... adn I've got MS points I had no plans in using elsewhere.

Dammit, you guys bought that shit?

That kind of thing is why I hate the whole concept of DLC. Stop giving EA more reasons to charge us for stupid crap.

I haven't bought anything. I've unlocked quite a few things so I just used what ever experience and unlockables I had to boost myself up. Made a big difference already.

The booster packs are 240 microsoft points though and I have about that just sitting in my account that I, like Maca, have had sitting there for months. Not to mention that you have to play over 3 seasons in "Be a Pro" to unlock those damned things. Probably won't buy it still though because my guy actually has a wrister and can move now.

There was actually a big boycott effort over EASHL before the game came out. I was gonna post it here but I figured people would be able to realize it was a waste of money. I'm done the online league until they get their head out of their ass.

EA Sports DLC just isn't worth it, they're even more brutal with Madden. And if this stuff actually sells, they're just going to charge for much lamer stuff. So.....stop

There was actually a big boycott effort over EASHL before the game came out. I was gonna post it here but I figured people would be able to realize it was a waste of money. I'm done the online league until they get their head out of their ass.

EA Sports DLC just isn't worth it, they're even more brutal with Madden. And if this stuff actually sells, they're just going to charge for much lamer stuff. So.....stop

I agree with you. However I still think we can beat people on live with unlockables alone. ;)

What, there are boosts for online play? Guys can upgrade their players ... how stupid is that? Or is this only available for league play (hope so as I don't play this feature ...)?

Anyways, nice games again Matt - we should rather play Fight Night than NHL ... :D

What, there are boosts for online play? Guys can upgrade their players ... how stupid is that? Or is this only available for league play (hope so as I don't play this feature ...)?

Anyways, nice games again Matt - we should rather play Fight Night than NHL ... :D

Haha, oh man, I think the first game I scored in my own net?! And then the other one I call a bad line change and you go in on a 2-on-0, hahaha amazing goal too.

Took me forever to score on Anderson, lol, really fun game though.

I don't have Fight Night anymore, but I know what you mean! I always pick the wrong guy to fight with... Setagouchi? What was I thinking! lol

We'll have to play again soon, hehe.

Well theres boosts you earn for your player in a BAP mode, they had that last year too. This year though they made it so you can just skip and take the easy way out by buying the upgrades. It's incredibly lame.

I got one boost but it was a pre-order gift.

• 3 weeks later...

For people that trade games in a lot like myself, I found the greatest site ever. It's Canada only though.

www.tivs.ca

I'm gonna be using this site a lot though, pretty awesome.

Other gaming related news that I can think of to make this a little more relevant:

Yvonne Strahovski is confirmed to reprise her role in Mass Effect 2 (along with Adam Baldwin, Martin Sheen, Tricia Helfer and a bunch of other Star Trek/Battlestar actors I've never heard of because those shows are lame)

Dead Space 2 is confirmed with online multiplayer

and a bunch of other Star Trek/Battlestar actors I've never heard of because those shows are lame

:unsure:

:nono:

At the very least, go watch more than a couple of eppy's of the new Battlestar. One of the most intelligent programs out there.

:unsure:

:nono:

At the very least, go watch more than a couple of eppy's of the new Battlestar. One of the most intelligent programs out there.

Most space related stuff is the hokiest, lamest thing out there. Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargate, Battlestar. I have friends I've known since the age of 10 who've spent countless hours trying to get me to like/watch that stuff. Shit ain't happening. F*cking pass.

Anyway, my distaste for nerdy space shit aside, apparently developers have been saving big announcements for the lameass Spike Video Game Awards. (BTW, Spike can f*ck off with their lame as shit awards show)

Ok, so anyway, an early sequel to Arkham Asylum was announced tonight which is the most kickass news since...the other day when Dead Space 2 was announced. Or Mega Man 10.

Theres also a new True Crime game (first game was one of the most dissapointing things I've ever played), a sequel to Force Unleashed since apparently people here thought it was good (it wasn't) and a new trailer for Medal of Honor was shown. Don't know if anyone heard but EA is dropping the WWII stuff and going modern after the success of Modern Warfare 2.

So IGN gave out their GOTY awards yesterday and for one system atleast, I was a bit surprised.

Xbox 360: Assassin's Creed 2

Playstation 3: Uncharted 2

Nintendo Wii: New Super Mario Bros.

Nintendo DS: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars

PC: Dragon Age: Origins

PSP: Patapon 2 or something, I dunno, I don't like the PSP.

Anyway, the one that got me was the 360. AC2 is an excellent game no doubt but I thought Arkham Asylum and Street Fighter IV were both much better games. The rest are pretty much no-brainers other then the Wii. NSMB is on my Christmas list so I haven't played it yet but I'd still rather give it to MadWorld. MadWorld was outstanding. The DS had a lot of strong contenders so it was like shooting fish in a barrel but I can live with GTA.

And now, some awesome trailers:

If you only watch one of those, it should be Mass Effect 2. The trailer itself is outstanding and Yvonne is right at the beginning.

• 2 weeks later...
So, NHL10 anyone? :D

Yep, on the PS3

I love it

The computer cheats less than in NHL08, but still cheats on occasion.

Sometimes you are up 1-0, and one of your players that you are not controlling slashes an opponent or is called for interference :angry:

PP, goal.

But it's ok, I have gotten better at killing penalties.

Yep, on the PS3

I love it

The computer cheats less than in NHL08, but still cheats on occasion.

Sometimes you are up 1-0, and one of your players that you are not controlling slashes an opponent or is called for interference :angry:

Sometimes? It happens to me at least once a game!