~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

Sometimes? It happens to me at least once a game!

Well, it happens once a game on average, but it bothers me less since my PK is awesome now (but my PK sucks when I play with Chicago, go figure)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, on the PS3

I love it

The computer cheats less than in NHL08, but still cheats on occasion.

Sometimes you are up 1-0, and one of your players that you are not controlling slashes an opponent or is called for interference :angry:

PP, goal.

But it's ok, I have gotten better at killing penalties.

Sounds like the real NHL to me.

• 4 weeks later...

My brothers 360 died on him so he went out and bought a new one. He gave me his old one. It is out of warranty but is having some sort of hardware problem as he put it. Is there anyone I can bring it to, for it to be repaired (ie. futureshop or something). Thanks.

My brothers 360 died on him so he went out and bought a new one. He gave me his old one. It is out of warranty but is having some sort of hardware problem as he put it. Is there anyone I can bring it to, for it to be repaired (ie. futureshop or something). Thanks.

You can send it to Microsoft. I'm not sure, but EB might fix them.

Even if it's out of warranty???

Yep, but they'll charge you. If it's the common reason for a 360 to die (flashing 3 quadrants), I think it's about $100 to have it repaired.

EB doesn't fix consoles, they'll just refurbish when you trade them in. I tried that myself a couple years ago.

It depends what happened to the console. If it RROD'd, then Microsoft extended the warranty on that specific problem to 3 years. Otherwise it's a 1 year warranty. Out of warranty will cost $100 bones US to fix (I think it's 110 or something Canadian)

• 2 weeks later...

Is your Mass Erect?

How are you liking it so far Jets?

I really enjoy the smoothness of the gameplay and the lack of serious load screens. Bioware has done a great job again. :clap:

It took me a while to get over the lack of inventory/gun management but once I forgot about that I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Insanity difficulty is ridiculous though!

How am I liking Mass Effect?

Well, I've been wondering if I can call off the GOTY hunt already. The gameplay is almost a Gears of War clone but whats weird is how well it works. The RPG elements have definitely been...streamlined (I don't want to go with the more common dumbed-down because I disagree with that). Switching in the load screens (which I find to be really cool btw) for the elevators is a huuuuuge improvement, it really improves the pace of the game. I also like the fact that the dialogue options follow Dragon Age and aren't so black and white like they were in the first Mass Effect. The Dragon Age armor is really, really awesome looking. Bioware really nailed it though, this can go in my all-time favourites.

And that bitch Miranda is a f*cking tease. Who is the other romance option? Subject Zero? Samara? I get the feeling it's Zero because of that one moment where you pretty much have to choose her or Miranda.

Less then a week until Bioshock 2!

How am I liking Mass Effect?

Well, I've been wondering if I can call off the GOTY hunt already. The gameplay is almost a Gears of War clone but whats weird is how well it works. The RPG elements have definitely been...streamlined (I don't want to go with the more common dumbed-down because I disagree with that). Switching in the load screens (which I find to be really cool btw) for the elevators is a huuuuuge improvement, it really improves the pace of the game. I also like the fact that the dialogue options follow Dragon Age and aren't so black and white like they were in the first Mass Effect. The Dragon Age armor is really, really awesome looking. Bioware really nailed it though, this can go in my all-time favourites.

And that bitch Miranda is a f*cking tease. Who is the other romance option? Subject Zero? Samara? I get the feeling it's Zero because of that one moment where you pretty much have to choose her or Miranda.

Less then a week until Bioshock 2!

You can romance Tali, Jack (0), Miranda and Samara's daughter I believe. Although you may want to save your game before bedding her!

I imported a female character from ME1 so I had to settle for Garrus :angry: I love my cheevos...

I agree about the streamlined interface and it really bugged me for a while, it seemed not "RPGish" enough. The rest of the game made me forget about that though. I thought the planet scanning was really cool too, at least for the first couple of times. After that it just became a pain in the ass.

Bioshock 2 in just a few days :clap:

I know, I saw what Samara's daughter does on youtube already, haha. Avoiding! My next playthrough I think I might go after Zero. That whole process just seems like it would be weird to me. I haven't imported my character yet because I'm still at the final battle with Saren (the second battle) so I have to get around to beating the first game pretty soon.

Scanning planets is a pain in the ass but it feels like it gives a purpose to exploration. Exploring in the first game felt kind of pointless (and it was a little boring)

February is actually such a big month. Bioshock 2, Dante's Inferno (it's a god of war clone though so I'm gonna hold off with God of War 3 so close to release), Heavy Rain, Alien vs Predator (am I the only one that thinks that game looks ridiculous? I loved some of the earlier ones). March is pretty awesome too.

Oh and Project Needlemouse was revealed to be Sonic 4 (was kind of obvious). Sega is taking Sonic the same way that Capcom took Mega Man and are bringing him back to his retro roots. Will be on all major consoles this summer.

• 1 month later...

I cant be the only one here playing Final Fantasy 13 right now?

This game is so awesome. The farther you get into the game, the better it gets.

I've played every FF game and I'd say this is easilly my favourite.

Not getting it till Friday. Holding out for my birthday which is Thursday.

I'll be happy just as long as it's better then XII. But having to play 15 hours to get to the good part of the game sounds a little unnecessary. I'm trying to keep an open mind but I'm not too enthused right now.

Perfect Dark remake is finally out on XBLA tomorrow. Re-mastered graphics, leaderboards and online play. That game was the epitome of excellence for console RPGs when it came out, I'm pretty excited to play it again. That quite literally was my summer vacation when I was 13. Wake up and play Perfect Dark for hours upon hours, did that for 2 months.

• 4 weeks later...

April 2011

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I forgot how much I love Gears of War.

I should play some now that school's just about done.

They always have these awesome trailers to boot.

I forgot how much I love Gears of War.

I should play some now that school's just about done.

They always have these awesome trailers to boot.

Funny you say that, I thought the same thing. I watched it and now have a huge urge to play Gears of War 2. When I get money next week, I think I'm gonna go buy it again.

The trailer was pretty awesome too. I love Sun Kil Moon. Devotchka was an excellent pick for the Gears 2 commercial too. And so was that Mad World cover for the first one.

I think Gears of War commercials rank among my favourites.

No joke, way before I got an Xbox 360, I saw the first GOW trailer and I was in love. It's one of the main reasons I went with X360 at the time - and I really had no idea what the game was about or anything. It was definitely the right choice, lol.

No joke, way before I got an Xbox 360, I saw the first GOW trailer and I was in love. It's one of the main reasons I went with X360 at the time - and I really had no idea what the game was about or anything. It was definitely the right choice, lol.

For sure, the first one is amazing. My dad has zero interest in gaming but that first commercial really caught his eye and got him interested in the game. It's one that he'll sit down and watch me play. It`s the only video I won`t delete from my hard drive. I downloaded it before the game came out and it`s still there.

I really like some of the things I`m hearing about Gears 3, especially 4 player co-op. IGN did a Rewind Theater of the trailer today too Maca, you should check out. They point out some interesting things (like the girl in the trailer is supposedly Anya). It`s here.

So is it just me, or does 'Dom' look a lot more like Marcus? I was under the impression that whoever the bearded guy was is actually a new character - Marcus' brother maybe? - especially considering the line at the end of the clip "Brothers to The End" or wtv.

Excited Anya is the potential new character here, I've been waiting for her to get involved. I hope Hoffman is still in it though - he's my MP character lol.