~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

I just wanted them to fix that thing in 07 where a wrist shot would hit the goalies glove, roll down his back and into the net. It happened all the time and was annoying as hell. The only thing I wish they'd get rid of now is the automatic goal spots that all the cheaters online exploit. Wrist shots from a certain point along the blueline can't be stopped and neither can passes along the crease from the corner. Other then that though, theres nothing that can be complained about gameplay wise and thats all I care about since I spend 95% of my time playing the game anyway.

Don't we have an NHL game thread for this crap? Lets get this thread back on track....

I blew up my car in an intersection today (talking GTA IV here) in Algonquin (downtown New York) so there was crazy traffic. Anytime a car got close to the fire, it would catch on fire and blow up as well. 5 minutes later, you wouldn't believe the carnage. There was a good 20 cars all on fire with every pedestrian in sight running around, on fire, screaming their heads off.

Agreed on the NHL stuff. Same way I felt. BTW, stop making me feel bad. The bastards at the only gaming store around my area still don't have it in and it's pissing me off becasue I want to play it so badly!

Nah I'm kidding mahn. Sounds like so much fun....:D

*Starts mental breakdown on not having game yet*

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How close are you to a Futureshop? Wait, who cares, take the bus.

Every Futureshop in Vancouver has it in stock!

The bus stop from where I am is a walk that I'm not ready to take. I usually get rides to the bus stop but until I get my N this summer, me getting rides is not an easy task. The only place I can even argue into getting rides to is the local EB Games and that's basically it around here. So if they don't have it, I'm usually screwed. :P

Otherwise it'll take hours of my time to just pick up a single game... Something I'm likely going to have to do if I don't get it by Saturday.

The bus stop from where I am is a walk that I'm not ready to take. I usually get rides to the bus stop but until I get my N this summer, me getting rides is not an easy task. The only place I can even argue into getting rides to is the local EB Games and that's basically it around here. So if they don't have it, I'm usually screwed. :P

Otherwise it'll take hours of my time to just pick up a single game... Something I'm likely going to have to do if I don't get it by Saturday.

See, since it's something like GTA, thats when I say f*ck it and just do it anyway even if I don't want to.

Which is what I basically did when it came out, that bus ride sucks.

See, since it's something like GTA, thats when I say f*ck it and just do it anyway even if I don't want to.

Which is what I basically did when it came out, that bus ride sucks.

I took the bus to school but lately stuff has come up where rides are impossible. I'd possibly have to wait at a bus stop for a few hours before getting picked up hence why I haven't even wanted to think of that idea. The only bus that's even close is this school special that is meant for the HS students. :P If I could take the bus, I would. ;) Well I could but it's not worth it.

2002-2006 are basically considered the lowest of the low with 2004-2005 being among the worst. Personally, I found 2003 to be the worst.

I don't know how you're using the passing but I find it spot-on. I can get it around the boards, through guys legs, basically anywhere I want. It makes cycling the puck have a sense of purpose and makes playing on the powerplay a little more realistic. (atleast with the way Colorado plays)

2002 was definitely my least favorite, 2003 was a little bit better after you turned off the slow motion crap. I've already mentioned 2004 is up there with 08 as my favorite.

I'm far from complaining about the passing on 08, I just don't find it as perfect as on 04. For one thing, there's no drop pass anymore. Second, 2004 was all direction based passing, in 08 there's a hint of auto pass. For example, occasionaly when I'm in a corner and try to pass around the board, for some reason the player will try to pass to his D partner across the crease, resulting in an own goal off the goalie's skates. I find saucer passes rather ineffective also. That being said, it's far from a major flaw, as most of the time the passing is fine. I just don't feel 100% comfortable with it like I did in 2004.

Tidbit on Gears of War 2 for later tonight

Just thought I'd put that up for those who care. ;)

Well I don't, you idiot.

(I'm kidding, of course. Well, about the idiot part anyway)

Watch Microsoft hype the shit out of Gears 2 until Fable decides when it wants to come out. The 360 has no other big holiday release yet while Sony has quite a few (potentially Final Fantasy XIII which trumps just about anything out there).

Well I don't, you idiot.

(I'm kidding, of course. Well, about the idiot part anyway)

Watch Microsoft hype the shit out of Gears 2 until Fable decides when it wants to come out. The 360 has no other big holiday release yet while Sony has quite a few (potentially Final Fantasy XIII which trumps just about anything out there).

I don't particularly like Gears myself. Only when we're doing our HW gears bash. :lol:

Hit and run on Pierre never gets old. :D

I don't particularly like Gears myself. Only when we're doing our HW gears bash. :lol:

Hit and run on Pierre never gets old. :D

Waiting in that one area with the sniper rifle as he comes around the corner and blowing his head to pieces never gets old. Do you remember that time you and me were playing Maca and someone and they kept respawning on the side we were on? I swear, you and me had to of racked up like 30 kills apiece in 5 minutes. That was sooooooo funny because we weren't even intentionally camping.

Gears is fun and I'll buy it but I'm not hanging on every little word from Epic. With Halo ending, it's all set-up to be the casual person's new shooter. I shouldn't say I don't care either, I'm interested to see if they made any gameplay changes. There were a few things I wanted them to tinker with.

Waiting in that one area with the sniper rifle as he comes around the corner and blowing his head to pieces never gets old. Do you remember that time you and me were playing Maca and someone and they kept respawning on the side we were on? I swear, you and me had to of racked up like 30 kills apiece in 5 minutes. That was sooooooo funny because we weren't even intentionally camping.

Gears is fun and I'll buy it but I'm not hanging on every little word from Epic. With Halo ending, it's all set-up to be the casual person's new shooter. I shouldn't say I don't care either, I'm interested to see if they made any gameplay changes. There were a few things I wanted them to tinker with.

Same reason here. With Halo, I wasn't all too enthused of how it ended. They updated stuff but basically everything was the same. Of course I still loved it and played it to no end but the gameplay wasn't as much fun.The series got a tad worse as the next game would come out IMO.

Whatever though, I still want Halo Wars when it comes out... :D

Oh and I loved that little scenario with the respawning of Maca and I think Darth? We should do it again one day.

So I just watched the trailer and you can gather a few things from it.

- Legions of Locust now appear instead of groups

-Chainsaw battles have been significantly improved so you still have a chance even if you have your chainsaw ready a bit slower (that never made any damn sense to me in the first one)

- Brumaks are now apart of the battle (although this was known as soon as Gears 1 came out)

- Theres a new two-handed semi-automatic which could possibly be a shotgun replacement (the shotgun is such a broken weapon. If you manage to tag the guy then you've got an insta-kill but it's really just a lot of luck)

-When a Locust is downed, you can now use him for cover and then finish him off by breaking his neck when you're done.

Then theres some other upgrades but they're mostly story-based so they don't really have any influence on me (yet). Hopefully it means they souped up single-player because Gears 1 left a lot to be desired. Online felt very limited as well.

Once again Mike, yes I agree.... :P

So........ went shopping today and my dad allowed me to go to the EB Games and see if they had any GTA 4's in stock. Of course my luck, all they had was the Collective edition. I was basically going to give up and possibly end up buying it but I said nah and decided to wait. Still don't have it guys.... :(

Yea right. There was a Walmart and a Best Buy in the same complex so I ran over to Walmart next and they had it thankfully. So thank the lord I finally have GTA 4! We were headed to Superstore afterwards anyways so chances of me finally getting it were quite high. Just so relieved right now. :P

Shit yeah, Superstore. The place no one realizes has video games (although even they were sold out of Guitar Hero III back in October). Congrats on finally finding it.

I've got a hankering for Gears now, anyone down tomorrow sometime?

Shit yeah, Superstore. The place no one realizes has video games (although even they were sold out of Guitar Hero III back in October). Congrats on finally finding it.

I've got a hankering for Gears now, anyone down tomorrow sometime?

Thanks. I might have time during the middle of the day but I don't know because it's Mother's Day. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Thanks. I might have time during the middle of the day but I don't know because it's Mother's Day. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Oh, Mother's Day, right. I haven't celebrated it in 4 years so forgive me when I forget about it.

Oh, Mother's Day, right. I haven't celebrated it in 4 years so forgive me when I forget about it.

:unsure:

You don't need to ask for forgiveness.

I can game until 4:30pm my time so if anyone wants to play something, post it right here.

I'll be down for some Gears in a little bit, I'm just working on my playoff lines right now

Sounds good.

Wow, I think it's finally done for good.

That sucks. Oh well then.