~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

I'm starting to regret not having a 360. Many games look very nice for it.

Fallout 3

Fable 2

Oblivion

Tales of Vesperia

NHL

Gears of War 1/2

Bioshock

Eternal Sonata

Devil may Cry 4

10 games out of the top of my head that interest me.. mmm.

With almost nothing of interest on the Wii and the PS2 dying down, I really wonder WTH I'm waiting for.

If I remember your tastes correctly, you should be interested in The Last Remnant as well. An East meets West RPG created by Square. Lost Odyssey was good as well (made by Mistwalker, a company created by Hironobu Sakaguchi, creaotr of Final Fantasy, so you should check out Blue Dragon too, although I didn't like it). Microsoft could use the sales so go for it.

I'm playing Gears 2 right now and there is something just so satisfying about chainsawing someone in half!

Pssh, that was satisfying in the first one. This time it's satisfying to chainsaw someone in half from behind.

As Cliffy B calls it, "chain-sawdomy"

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

w00t! Gears 2 is amazing so far.

I agree... it's succeeding at pulling me away from Fallout 3... but then the opposite happens and so on and so forth...

Why do I insist on having a job? Why can't I get paid to do this?

If I remember your tastes correctly,

My 2 favourites genres are action RPG (ex : Ys, Tales, Castlevania SOTN) and 2D plaforming (ex Mario 3 NES, Megaman X) . Like with movies tough, I can appreciate the gems from every gener. For instance, I dont usually like horror games, but I loved RE4.

The main reason why i'm considering a 360 right now is than the incoming Wii lineup is very , very poor (besides Tos2, I'm not interestred in any new release in fact)

I have DS, Wii and PS2.. the only one alive right now is the DS...

w00t! Gears 2 is amazing so far.

Should get 360 game of the year easily, Cliffy B delivered on the "bigger better and more badass" promise. For my overall GOTY, I'd still have LBP and MGS IV ahead of it.

I agree... it's succeeding at pulling me away from Fallout 3... but then the opposite happens and so on and so forth...

Why do I insist on having a job? Why can't I get paid to do this?

I will get paid to do this in a couple years! :D

My 2 favourites genres are action RPG (ex : Ys, Tales, Castlevania SOTN) and 2D plaforming (ex Mario 3 NES, Megaman X) . Like with movies tough, I can appreciate the gems from every gener. For instance, I dont usually like horror games, but I loved RE4.

Ummm, ok. I never said you didn't. I just remembered you had a thing for JRPG's and recommended a few on the 360 you'd probably like.

I agree... it's succeeding at pulling me away from Fallout 3...

Nothing can pull me away from Fallout 3 right now.

Except HWL... for a whole 2 mins it took me to botch some lines and send them.

... and that being said, I'm going back to it. :P

So...question.

When you defeat Skorg's Reaver, did he die? I thought in that cutscene all he did was faint and put his head on the ground in a "Dammit, I ######ed up" kind of way.

But then you never see him for the rest of the game and it ends up being a little dissapointing. Even on casual, I found RAAM to be WAY more difficult. Gameplay wise, the ending wasn't as great as GoW 1 either. I had to take on RAAM I don't know how many times and this time around, I beat the Lambent Brumak on my first try which took me maybe a minute tops.

Storyline wise though, the ending was f*cking impressive

and at the end of the day, Gears of War 2 is billions of times better then Gears of War. Most of the complains I have are just nitpicking, really

Mirror's Edge is out tomorrow, I can't wait to pick it up. :D

I believe Gears 2 is merely a transisition into what will be an amazing Gears 3 (in terms of story). In terms of gameplay, it takes what made Gears so appealing and made it 1000 times better.

I just remembered you had a thing for JRPG's

Indeed I like those too. I'm really looking forward to Persona 4 on the PS2. :)

Edited by Jean

• 3 weeks later...
Totally addicted to Mass Effect right now, what an amazing game ... should have bought this one way earlier. Any news when the 2nd part will come out?

Awesome game, top 5.

• 2 weeks later...
www.kotaku.com

www.gamerankings.com

www.ign.com

www.gamefaqs.com

www.gamespot.com

www.1up.com

www.gameinformer.com

www.gametrailers.com

www.eurogamer.net

www.gamespy.com

www.screwattack.com

www.vgchartz.com

www.xbox365.com

Those are all sites where you can get Xbox 360 information. Personally, I'm pretty partial to ign.com. It's reputation amongst gamers isn't great but I've never understood why. They're not usually biased and get most of the information out there before anyone else.

• 4 weeks later...
Holy flying monkey crap, my dad phoned me to say Purolator tried to drop off a package at the house this morning. Can pick it up at their HQ tomorrow. Here I come, Left 4 Dead!

Awesome, we have ot play some this weekend mahn - maybe after work this week as well - not sure what times you'll be online.

Awesome, we have ot play some this weekend mahn - maybe after work this week as well - not sure what times you'll be online.

Yeah, I'm waiting for some other stuff too so I checked the reference number when I got home to see when it was shipped. It's definitely my Xbox.

I'll have to go pick up Gears 2 again pretty soon.

Ok, so I bought Gears 2 again today, don't know when I can play though.

And like I mentioned to Maca, f*cking Left 4 Dead freezes up on me all the time. I googled to see if it was a common problem and I guess it is, my Xbox plays everything else just fine (Microsoft sent me a brand new one anyway so I already knew that wasn't the problem)

Game is fun as hell but I can't get through a full movie without it freezing and I have to start over again.

Ok, so I bought Gears 2 again today, don't know when I can play though.

And like I mentioned to Maca, f*cking Left 4 Dead freezes up on me all the time. I googled to see if it was a common problem and I guess it is, my Xbox plays everything else just fine (Microsoft sent me a brand new one anyway so I already knew that wasn't the problem)

Game is fun as hell but I can't get through a full movie without it freezing and I have to start over again.

*snicker*

Surprised they didn't charge you for the new one. Left 4 Dead '09 2.0!

Your precious PC has freezing problems with L4D too.

:lol:

I went fishing and landed a biggun! :P

And as fer my PC, well I don't like it. At all anymore. First chance I get with $$$ and I'm getting a Mac. (My industry is all Mac anyhow.) Course, with my luck, Jobs, poor sod, dies of cancer when I get my Mac and the company and everything associated goes into the crapper.

Which reminds me. There must be a Mac emulator for the PC just like there's a PC emulator for the Mac. Must Google. MUST GOOGLE.