Another UN Money Scam

Fanpuck33

yawn. Its documented that Fox News is out to destroy the UN.

Where's the articles about the US giving Saddam chemical weapons in the Iraq-Iran war, teaching him how to make them?

Or the US teaching a nomad named Osama Bin Laden how to fight and built all his caves for him?

Ah yes can't critize those actions because Saint Reagan did them.

thanks.

UN has problems but I wish the US wouldn't be its stupid little watch dog. Heck the US doesn't like it when the UN becomes 'watch doggish' on the US then the US should try to undermine the UN. Seems hypocritcal to me.

I'm for UN reform to give it actual power, free itself from the grips of the US and other nations. The security council is a joke. Makes the UN look like a special council where its not democratic and the council controls everything. (which it does)

Get rid of the security council or put everyone on the security council.

There's a certain amount of rot in any large organization, public or private. For sure it shouldn't be tolerated, and changes should be made to bring more accountability. Of course, that draws criticism because the organization is then much more bureaucratic, but that's the way it has to be.

Given the amount of money the UN handles, this one is a cute little scandal because it's so small. Tens of millions? :lol: Pocket change.

I'm for UN reform to give it actual power, free itself from the grips of the US and other nations. The security council is a joke. Makes the UN look like a special council where its not democratic and the council controls everything. (which it does)

Get rid of the security council or put everyone on the security council.

I agree completely, in the sense that the UN in it's current form is basically an entity with no stones at all.

I agree completely, in the sense that the UN in it's current form is basically an entity with no stones at all.

I agree reform of the UN could be a good thing. That's a big can of fish. Up here, it's next to impossible to change the constitution because the provinces can't agree on anything - I can't imagine how difficult it would be to get even a majority of countries to agree on one reform plan.

However, I feel that a lot of the criticism it took from the U.S. at the beginning of its confrontation with Iraq was inappropriate... because it was based on the UN's refusal to go along with the war. The U.S. attitude seemed to be, "you're disagreeing with us, and therefore you must be weak and powerless". Funny - we didn't hear those criticisms from Bush Sr. during Iraq One, when the UN was on board.

Yep, the UN is USELESS. What did they carry for weapons in Bosnia? Hair dryers I think.

They also proposed to burn the poppies in Afghanistan. Then Nato suggested legitimizing the crop for medicinal purposes and to have the global community subsidize the farmers whereas there is a global morphine shortage.

So, on one side you have the "UN" who are suppose to be about peace who suggest this burning. On the other side you have a military institution (Nato) doing the right thing which will lead to peace better than burning?

UN? Talk about :wacko: