So you need a 2nd line center ?

MAK

I like Jarrett Stoll...He is lightning fast, but like previous people have posted...does he have the finish? If not, its wasting money on another Plekanek. Forsberg and Kovalev don't sound right...I honestly want to call BG and tell him about the one man who is in Russia...And we need as Kovalev's REAL 2nd line winger. Alexei Morozov! That name really stuck out for me when he was in Pittsburgh. I can also see teams like the Blue Jackets, Capitals, Avalanche and Kings doing business at the deadline. If Bob doesn't act, this team will do a big deal in the offseason. I want to see either Drury, Briere or Gomez come to Montreal!!!

:hlogo:

Edited by justintb

I like Jarrett Stoll...He is lightning fast, but like previous people have posted...does he have the finish? If not, its wasting money on another Plekanek. Forsberg and Kovalev don't sound right...I honestly want to call BG and tell him about the one man who is in Russia...And we need as Kovalev's REAL 2nd line winger. Alexei Morozov! That name really stuck out for me when he was in Pittsburgh. I can also see teams like the Blue Jackets, Capitals, Avalanche and Kings doing business at the deadline. If Bob doesn't act, this team will do a big deal in the offseason...I can see Ryder, Abby, and Souray going to LA for Kopitar, Conroy, and Vishnevski.

:hlogo:

If souray's not traded before the deadline, no one's gonna trade for him in the offseason when they can get him for free.

Wait you'd like to see Lindros in a habs uniform but not Turgeon? :blink:

Lindros can go right to the scrap yard for all I care. I want Cammarelli from LA, he might be a little pricey but he could be 1st line material.

I would love to see Perez on the first line next year but it would suprise the hell outta me. Also I doubt highly Samsonov will make it past the deadline let alone come back next season.

Turgeon has worn a habs uniform before, and he couldn't wait to get it off. I think that bridge has been burned.

And who is Cammarelli?

Edited by RobRock

Someone made the point that the oilers need d men and it is no rumour that souray wants to be closer to his little girl AND he has recently hinted he will not resign with the habs...(see habsinsideout) So stoll for souray..something like that COULD happen..

Mike

I'd be good with this. I'll miss souray and I'd rather keep him for the playoffs, but Stoll is a good player and I'd love to have him for the playoffs too. Anyone know what his contract looks like ($, years on it?)

I've been telling this for few days now.

Edmonton, Montréal, L.A. Aebischer, Souray, Conroy, Cammalleri, Stoll, M.A. Bergeron, prospects, draft picks............ humm hummmm

You guys a wacko if you think Souray is going to get traded.

So you think they'll keep him and just lose him over the offseason, or you think htey stand a chance of resigning him? I would LOVE to resign him, but I just doubt we'll be able to.

So you think they'll keep him and just lose him over the offseason, or you think htey stand a chance of resigning him? I would LOVE to resign him, but I just doubt we'll be able to.

with pretty much any conceivable deal, trading souray would signal giving up on the cup for the year.

with pretty much any conceivable deal, trading souray would signal giving up on the cup for the year.

yeah, that's the dilemna... Our pp is really quite pathetic without him. does anyone know how many of our current pp points come from the 2nd pp unit? The one he isn't part of?

Dont know but if we could get like Stoll and Bergeron for Souray and a forward i think our PP would remain good...

Stoll is not the guy for us. I live iin Alberta and watch Oilers games. Stoll = Pleks in a couple years. He's fast but lacks finish.

Stoll is not the guy for us. I live iin Alberta and watch Oilers games. Stoll = Pleks in a couple years. He's fast but lacks finish.

Of what i've seen in playoffs, he looked WAY better than Plex. Maybe you're right, but i don't see Gainey go for Forsbergh or any man with more finish than Stoll.

I say dont trade Souray. He is to important. About losing him to UFA, seriously who cares if we get a 6th rounder for him in a trade when he could help us go really far in the playoffs?

I say dont trade Souray. He is to important. About losing him to UFA, seriously who cares if we get a 6th rounder for him in a trade when he could help us go really far in the playoffs?

I care because i don't want to see Niinimaa with the team next season with his salary.

Komi - Markov - Streit - Rivet - Dandenault - Bouillon are an average squad, close to "bofff" and don't tell me Côté is our rescuer if one of them get injured. Emelin, not before 2 more years.

Souray is a real dilema. Some teams will want him but won't give us our money back... than we will losing him as a UFA.

The miracle would be a new 3 years contract !!!! But i don't think he wants that.

Of what i've seen in playoffs, he looked WAY better than Plex. Maybe you're right, but i don't see Gainey go for Forsbergh or any man with more finish than Stoll.

You might be right. I looked at his stats and they are very good for a 3rd year player. The problem is, Lowe knows what he's got, so you can forget it unless you want to deal Souray or Markov. I still say Morrison would cost less and still be very effective.

I meant he was equal to Plex in a few years, but I guess I am wrong about that.