Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Maple Leafs de Toronto | 01/27/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Dalhabs? Blaming the coach? Give me a break, the core of this team has played the same way for 3 coaches, 2 of which are currently coaching oplayoff teams. Until the core is ejected they aren't going anywhere.

Another pathetic display. Another no show, this has been going on for about 20 games now. Gaineys look says it all. It is really time to make some major changes, the defense is so slow i can out skate them. Why does it take your goalie getting flattened before anyone throws a hit?

The top players are not the top players. They are the biggest loafwers out there.

It's simple:

NO pride or character

NO effort

NO physical play

No skating

All that equals is NO wins. They are like 6 or 7 points of not making the playoffs.

Time to make moves BG, I don't care if it's getting a stud to make the playoffs or getting rid of the vets, but this current team will not make the playoffs. The last 20 games have proven that.

What a crap game! Canadiens often come up soft against weaker opposition.

Good point.

Wins v. Atlanta and Buffalo.

Pasted by Laffs.

Wuzzup Carbo? Ou sont les leaders de cette equipe?

The Ottawa game will be interesting, especially because they are now ahead of us.

the core of this team has played the same way for 3 coaches, 2 of which are currently coaching oplayoff teams. Until the core is ejected they aren't going anywhere.

Interesting idea. Who is the core though? Koivu, Kovy, Bonk, Rivet, Souray, Ryder, Dandy, Cube?

Lot of over-30 players, mediocrity. Plus write-offs like Samsonov, Murray, Ninimaa, maybe even Abby considering what Halak is doing in Hamilton. Don't know what we would get for this lot.

I'd think Gainey will slowly bleed in the youngsters and gradually chip away at this core.

btw, I'd also love to coach the Pens. Ooooh, look at that Micky Therrien, 'e's right 'ard, 'e is.

Losing...

To the toronto maple laughs...

Really...

Angers...

Me...

Biased CBC. Biased TSN. Arrogant toronto fans...

No. Mark my words, the Hockey Gods will not tolerate this.

Habs will sweep the rest of the 8-game series.

Losing...

To the toronto maple laughs...

Really...

Angers...

Me...

Biased CBC. Biased TSN. Arrogant toronto fans...

No. Mark my words, the Hockey Gods will not tolerate this.

Habs will sweep the rest of the 8-game series.

i like this post...

written like a scream growing to a howl!!!!

GO :hlogo: GO!

jesus guys you sound like leafs fans tonight, SHIT HAPPENS. The important thing is how the team bounces back, and its a long season. Remember they beat the sabres and thrashers the last 2 games. The Leafs were a highly motivated team tonight, they got rinsed 8-2 in their last game and are in desperation mode for a playoff spot. Tonight was the habs message to buck up cuz the real dogfight has begun.

I hate losing but I hate it even more when we lose to the leafs... then it gets worse when we are out played and classed on the ice by an AHL filler team like that of the leafs...

I'm ready to forget tonight like a bad dream. Lets just keep our heads up and get back into the game for our next effort.

GO HABS GO!

Fighting for the 8th and final playoff spot is where they were predicted to be. In about a week, that's exactly what we'll be watching. The teams lack of scoring even strength is what's going to keep them out of the playoffs. I can live with that, they don't have the talent. But what really makes me want to hurl, is the fact that they've given the leafs 8 out of a possible 10 points this season. Totally unacceptable.

Just got back in from the game about 20 mins ago. All I can say is - WHY CAN WE NOT PLAY WELL AGAINST THE LEAFS??

There is something else that bugs the hell out of me : Ryder and Kovalev, as we all know, can't get the puck out of their own zone 5 on 5. My question : WHY DOES CARBONNEAU HAVE THEM ON PK?

On Kubina's first goal, I was watching Kovalev, he moves so slow on the ice that he can't react to the quick passes on the PP, it got to kubina who he was supposed to cover on the point and he blasted it home and kovalev was way out of position. I was incredibly angry.

This team is highly skilled, but there is just no jump to them some nights, especially against the leafs. Another treat to get my hands on Habs Leafs tickets at the ACC, and I get to watch a sh**-show like that. Great effort guys... I really hope they turn this around vs. Ottawa on monday.

It's just disgusting ; people show up every morning for crappy jobs thay don't like , and the Canadiens who are paid millions (not to mention the "bonuses" that come along and the fact that they have access to great facilities) to play a sport they like since they were kids don't.

:angry::angry::wall:

It's just disgusting ; people show up every morning for crappy jobs thay don't like , and the Canadiens who are paid millions (not to mention the "bonuses" that come along and the fact that they have access to great facilities) to play a sport they like since they were kids don't.

:angry::angry::wall:

The true that the majority of people have jobs that they aren't happy with, but we have to pay the bills and while the sports athlete makes CONSIDERABLE more then I ever while in my life time, the human equation can't be overlooked. That is why not one time will ever win every game of the season. That being said, it is tough to overlook the way they played during to course of that match (my wife kept calling them pansies) when the game is on the line against my least favorite team the maple losers.

Look for them to bounce back strong against a real tough opponent in the Senators next week!

The true that the majority of people have jobs that they aren't happy with, but we have to pay the bills and while the sports athlete makes CONSIDERABLE more then I ever while in my life time, the human equation can't be overlooked. That is why not one time will ever win every game of the season. That being said, it is tough to overlook the way they played during to course of that match (my wife kept calling them pansies) when the game is on the line against my least favorite team the maple losers.

Look for them to bounce back strong against a real tough opponent in the Senators next week!

Yippee another rebound game, that is all there is really left to look forward to eh? Do these grown professionals really need to be beat badly and then get a tongue lashing in order for them to try?

Nothing will change until the lazy are punished (KOVALEV!!!!@) and the ones actually trying are rewarded (Perezhogin) I don't give a damn if we lose 20-0 as long as we fight all 60 minutes. Bring in Grabs and Kosty and lets see some drive.

Seems Koivu cant motivate these lazy ass russians (Samsonov and Kovalev) and it seems Carbo cant teach our D how to play D. Those are our flaws. To bad those flaws are something we HAVE TO FIX!

But what I saw of Samsonov this game wasnt that bad. I think the Johnson - Bonk - Samsonov line was ok. But one thing, whatever u do this summer Gainey, DONT resign Rivet and if u resign Souray it has to come cheap since the only use he is is on the PP.

What a clunker....for the first time in my life I'm actually sad that I went to a game. It wasn't even close.....

I was humiliated infront of all these leaf fans...... regardless of whether it was just one game or not, it was pretty shitty....I don't even want to comment anymore....I just don't ever want to think about this anymore...somebody please close this thread

Sorry fans, if your looking for a response from this lazy bunch, it isn't going to happen. 7-2 Sens. Hopefully that will cause a roster shake up.

I agree with you Onesharpmarble, for what ever reason Carbo always seems to cut the players ice time who atleast skate hard but don't produce. However players like Souray, Kovalev, Koivu, Ryder and to some extent higgins (i realize he hasn't been the same since the injury).

If anyone has seen the first line, tell them the second half of the season is underway.

You guys are taking it to seriously because we were playing against the leafs, face it the Leaf's and habs's rivaly end it 5 years ago.... The second goal was really a slap in the face, it shoulden't of counter it was high sticking all the way... But they had to call Toronto and they had to give it, everyone could of seen that it was highsticking, they could of called China and they would tell you it was high sticking.

I'm not entirely blaming the refs but the habs are some sort of team were when the other team has a big advantage on them they seem to lose their momentum, maybe if that goal wouldn,t of counted, it could of shakened them up a bit telling them to wake up.