Brendan Witt?

Fanpuck33_

I've been seeing rumors all day that we got Brendan Witt. Does anyone have any proof that it is true? One report said we gave up our 2005 2nd rounder and a player to be named. That sounded very unlikely, since that is the same thing we gave up for Kovalev. I wouldn't mind getting a physical, stay at home D man like Witt, but not for that price.

The rumour is Hainsey and a 2nd rounder...and if that's the case I'll be terribly disappointed in the deal.

IMO Hainsey is still one of the top prospects we have...

I hope it's true if we got witt. I do not think that giving up hainsey and a pick for him would be okay. Too much.

A player that I would like to see in a habs uniform is------------Jeff O'neill!

Why? Simply because the Habs have already much talent on the first 2 lines with the addition of Kovalev.

People are talking against Dagenais but it will be interesting to see what kind of influence Kovalev will have on him. Kovalev likes working the board and use his size and that's exactly what Dagenais has to learn to become a decent player.

Dagenais is NOT a great player and does not deserve to be on the top 2 lines. He's most likely a career AHLer who has been given an opportunity because he has a history with Ribeiro. He was dropped to waivers last year and no one wanted him...that should tell you something.

He started out well this year but hasn't done much since...

Don't see why he's worth supporting.

Originally posted by SWIFTYHAB

Do you guys have a source? Where did you hear these rumors from?

Reported from newspapers.. Use google, it's very powerful

If you want a link, here's one http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4434711/

Witt is in high demand. Trade talks with Dallas have continued in recent days, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. The Philadelphia Flyers had two scouts present last night, and with injuries continuing to ravage their defense, the Flyers are also believed to be looking at Witt. New Jersey, Vancouver, Los Angeles, and Montreal have also inquired about the rugged defender.

you can search easilly a news on this page : http://news.google.com/

Only type "brendan witt montreal" and you'll find tons of sources

there is yet no source saying a deal involving Witt happened. but it's very likely to happen soon

[Edited on 2004-3-4 by sakiqc]

Dagenais is a band-aid to stem the bleeding in our offence. His skating would have to drastically improve for him to be effective at the NHL level. I'd definitely like to keep him around for a few more years, but I really don't think a team that's serious about winning can have a guy like Dagenais on their second line.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Zowpeb, Prime Minister Koivu and Toren......Finally some others that agree Dagenais is a bum. He's clumsy, he's lazy, he has no skill, no hockey sense at all, and he's a cancer to the 2nd line that has a great duo between Ryder and Ribs. Sure he has a great Shot, but he uses it way too much.

If not for some old renewed chemistry between him and Ribs he would have been returned to the farm long ago.

IMO, when Bulis returns it makes way more sense to have him on that line, especially now with Dowd, theres no reason to put Bulis in a checking role. His Defensive skills and hard work will help Ryder and Ribeiro much more then Dagenais shot will.. If Dags could improve his skating work ethic and go to a hockey school to learn the game he could be a good player, untill then we can do without him.

:ghg:

Who does Dagenais think he is?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think I have seen anyone more arrogant and cocky than Pierre Dagenais. If anyone watched RDS'S sport30 or their playoff special (try to catch it tonight) did anyone see how Dagenais did not welcome or even hands to Jim Dowd. I mean everyone who I saw shook his hand, the trainers, Brisebois, etc. but when Dagenais walked by, he gave him a look and just walked away. Who does he think he is.....???? Even the commetators on RDS noticed it. What a punk, and the way he's playing I wouldn't take Perreault off our top 6 forwards. We don't need this crap in Montreal, and how do you think Dowd feels when this happens, we have to make these new players feel a part of the team, and it's not by ignoring them that this will happen.

I took this from that other site (you know the other site that's not as good as this one :D - the one Molson Man uses)

If we are lucky, maybe we could trade dagenais for a new roll of hockey tape. :hockey:

If anyone watched RDS'S sport30 or their playoff special (try to catch it tonight) did anyone see how Dagenais did not welcome or even hands to Jim Dowd. I mean everyone who I saw shook his hand, the trainers, Brisebois, etc. but when Dagenais walked by, he gave him a look and just walked away.

Yeah, I saw that and wanted to smack him. Way to promote team unity, Dags! I don't want to see him traded, but I have to believe that he's not going to keep his job on the second line with a healthy Bulis back. He simply doesn't deserve it.

I didn't know the RDS guys noticed the sleight, though. What'd they say?

[Edited on 2004/3/5 by Abby]