How do you picture Garbovski ?

PB

My computer was out of order in and around the time Garbovski played with the CH so I never had the chance to read what was said about him here.

Personally I was impressed with him......to the point where I had difficulty to understand why they didn't

provide him a longer period with the big club.

I really thought that he was a good notch above Plekanec for a second line center role........is it not what the CH has been in need of since the start of the season ?

Had it worked out......the team would have benefited from more ways than one.

1) They would have gain in the instant by substituing a lesser player from their roster by a better one (Murray,..Downey out, Garbs in).

2) Carbs was still waiting for the lagging second line productivity to be jumped start......had Garbs been the missing link the CH would have improved it's formation with a fonctionnal 1-2 punch line.

3)With Garbs in,...... Plekanec would have centered our fourth line and this would have increased the scoring depth of our team,......Koivu, Garbs, Bonk, Plekanec....all quality centers can make a big difference.

Had it worked out.....the benefits would have come from all sides.

We know that a fonctionnal and productive second liner could catapulte the CH to a new level........my question therefore shall be,......Didn't Garbovski appeared to you has a good enough player to accomplish successfully such a task for the CH at this moment and for the rest of the season ?

Grabovski showed that he has some good speed and creativity while he was up in Montreal. But while centering the 2 russians I don't think they were able to connect on the scoreboard.

Grabovski also seemed to need improvement in his defensive play and this combined with the mediocre defensive play of Samsonov and Kovalev was pretty risky for Carbonneau's conservative strategic approach to hockey.

Grabovski, like Lapierre, is also caught up in the salary cap and roster number limitations that all NHL teams have.

I agree with you PB - I too was very impressed with Grabovski even though he didn't hit the scoresheet - he really made things happen out there.

I really don't think we should be selling the farm looking for a rental #2 centre. Now that Samsonov is off the 2nd line, lets see how Plekanec does as #2 centre with Kovalev and Latendresse. If Plekanec doesn't work out, I'd put Grabovski as the #2 centre ... I think that line would be excellent.

I really like Grabovski's ability. He will make this squad next season, and barring any serious injuries should be a regular within the next 2 seasons.

I agree with you PB - I too was very impressed with Grabovski even though he didn't hit the scoresheet - he really made things happen out there.

I really don't think we should be selling the farm looking for a rental #2 centre. Now that Samsonov is off the 2nd line, lets see how Plekanec does as #2 centre with Kovalev and Latendresse. If Plekanec doesn't work out, I'd put Grabovski as the #2 centre ... I think that line would be excellent.

The rumors i hear about Forsberg coming to montreal have nothing to do with our current roster in the NHL... which leads me to believe that if the trade does happen, its going to be draft picks, and prospects... and i have a feeling Grabovski is in the mix somewhere....

This is another positive point worth mentionning,.....Had Garbovski made the team for the rest of the season

he would have saved the CH from wasting a prospect to get rental re-enforcement at the centre position.

Keeping all those positives consequences in mind......I still dont quite get how quickly he was tossed away,....

his offensive abilitys where has obvious as his great speed while his poise and unrestrained involvement where just as incredible.......specially in consideration of the fact that those where is very first games at the Bell and even had missed training camp with the big club earlier on......not only he made things happen out there but I thought he was like a sparkplug on the rest of the team as well.

He virtually cost nothing. A diamond in the rough.

Better speed and stickhandling than Kots, he should have been our first round choice so he would have a better chance tocrack the line up.

And i don't think he as a good trade value, high management value high picks.

the canadiens rarely rush a player into the big team... they always let them mature in the minors

the only other player to be 'rushed' (aside from latendresse) was mario tremblay back in the early 70's.

there's no way a young player will be usually brought up quickly... it's just not done by the canadiens...

GO :hlogo: GO!

the canadiens rarely rush a player into the big team... they always let them mature in the minors

the only other player to be 'rushed' (aside from latendresse) was mario tremblay back in the early 70's.

there's no way a young player will be usually brought up quickly... it's just not done by the canadiens...

And he will be a good habs for many, many years.....

I can think of a few others that were rushed after Tremblay. Doug Wickenheiser for one; maybe if this guy had been allowed to stay in the WHL until he was 20 & possibly a season or more in the AHL , then he may have been more mature and better able to adjust to the pressure of pro hockey in Montreal.

Petr Svoboda also made the jump straight to the Habs as an 18 year old. Mikey Ribeiro was 19 when he was kept on the squad too. I think there may be more, but your point is still very valid, that the Habs generally do not bring a player up to the pros until their junior eligibility is done.

Grabs, impressed the habs brass more than they expected. He is not supposed to be ready to make the jump for another year. I certainly would be willing to roll the dice on any trade. BUT!

When today's league is about speed skill and youth; we would be crazy giving up Grabs for a one time fix like Forsberg. Who may turn out to be more trouble than a fix.

However, I"m not in charge of this ship; and I certainly can't imagine the pressure; Canadiens management is under tremendous pressure, the pieces of the puzzle are there to be played with, so lets PLAY!

Edited by Chips

Grabs is 21 or more even... if the Habs will stay pat.. then trade one or two bodies for picks and but Grabovsky back on the second and you got a headstart experiment for next year The team wouldnt have to wait for next season to see what should be brought in or not... if grabs fails in 20 matches then he's sent back down.

Forsberg is too much of a risk in part for what the Flyers want in return .. I see NO centre available worth trading for... unless they want to take Souray and (name a current roster winger)