Amazing goal by a 15 year old swede.

Dalhabs

yikes.. I had to see that three maybe four times. And I still can't believe that move. Who is that kid and when can we sign him.

This sort of goal scoring is the type of thing that might to help start putting hockey back on the map. The mainstream, non-hockey-taditionalist media likes this sort of thing. It's exciting, fun to watch, and I think it should be promoted. If Robbie Schremp can win a game with a shot like that, it'd be replayed on sportscenter over and over, and that's a good step toward getting more national attention. A little hype, a little excitement, then who knows, the sky is the limit.

But dropping Gary Bettman off in a drainage ditch in the middle of Nebraska somewhere is priority number one.

Well as long as the stick does not come above the crossbar.

That's the key - and those two amazing shots of hand eye coordination by Schremp are both technically 'no goal' calls, as the stick appears to be in contact with the puck above the cross bar when he releases it.

Amazing talent, but they both appear to not be legit by current rules? And are they going to change the shoot out rules to allow that?

Lacrosse meets hockey showmanship/hot dogging...

thats not that amazing, every single kid on my hockey team can do that and its really F****** annoying. Its so hard to stop that type of shot, thats all they do during warmups, pick up the puck with their stick and skate towards me and whip it at me...... Then they celebrate when it goes in, it really hard to stop.

thats not that amazing, every single kid on my hockey team can do that and its really F****** annoying. Its so hard to stop that type of shot, thats all they do during warmups, pick up the puck with their stick and skate towards me and whip it at me...... Then they celebrate when it goes in, it really hard to stop.

I agree. It's not hockey. It's just showboating.

Then can u pls record your hockey practices so I can watch becaus I enjoy watching goals like that.

If that is going on in warm ups, then that's the coach's fault - he should have been very explicit about how to warm up a goalie properly at the start of the season. I've been a coach at high level for years and we set out a strict routine & expectations for every warm up. No head high shots, no hot dogging and we expect lots of shots in the goalies feet(lower body area) in order to get his mobility going. A few glove shots here and there, and no fancy dekes as that just leads to injuries. Allowing that crap is ridiculous - one of the things you want to do in the warm up is give your goalie a feel for the puck, to get his timing and give him confidence for the game - that stuff just defeats the purpose!

It still takes good hand eye coordination to do this stuff - and more kids are practising it than ever before. So in a sense it is amazing and at the same time it is extremely annoying! Bottom line is will they put a stop to this lacrosse style crap or will they try to hype it?