Lafleur's Son in Trouble

SAKS-AVENUE

Yeah, saw that a few days ago. Sounds to me like they're gonna try to use his Tourette syndrome to get him off the hook, even though that syndrome doesn't cause people to act violently or anything like that. Instead, it seems to me that he's a drug-addicted jerk.

Yeah, saw that a few days ago. Sounds to me like they're gonna try to use his Tourette syndrome to get him off the hook, even though that syndrome doesn't cause people to act violently or anything like that. Instead, it seems to me that he's a drug-addicted jerk.

:(

Sadly, I was listening to the radio the morning this news broke... I won't name the Montreal radio station that aired the story.. but I was pretty angry when it was reported as 'Guy Lafleur's son'. Never once did they say his own name. First reports were all about the event, and accusations. Guilty or not, I agree, Tourette is not at all responsible unless he is on some med trial... If I understand correctly, he's 22 and makes his own bed, if you get my meaning. Sure there's name power in dropping "the flower" bomb. Just report the facts and name the name correct, or at least say it... I'm sorry for the victims in this, the girl (if in fact it happened) and GL for being smeared by trash reporters who fail to hunt down, break and report real news. There's no sports section in the National Enquirer...

GL was a great player, worked hard at his game, won a few cups, and had (was possibly responsible) a few media oops post the glory days, but he has moved on to be a good humanitarian, and is a part of helping many less fortunate people. Report that!

Sadly, his son has put possibly put his father and himself in a position that disrespects and tarnishes all that good news.

Hope that 'dad' and experience will teach a lesson here.

...disappointing...

j

Edited by jtvoxboi

Pretty much. It just causes "tics" in the body, which either lead to spontaneous verbal outbursts or the twitching of muscles. Nothing violent as far as I recall.