Kovalev Injury

Fanpuck33_

And CJ and sportsnet said it was a "mild" seperation...

I bet he comes back for next Thursdays home game vs Florida... If he comes back then, then its not that bad at all...

That would be a huge relief. Even though he hasn't been on the team long, losing him for an extended period would surely deflate the team's moral. They've got to be on a high with management showing a dedication to winning and being in a playoff spot. Hopefully everything will turn out all right.

See, this thing with Kovalev is not good at all....Separation to bruise to ????...Don't be pissed when I say this, but this is exactly the kind of stuff that this team cannot afford right now.....

How is the injury report supposed to read..."mild bruise"...are you kidding me!

Not trying to be overly harsh, but I've got concerns already...as in real estate, this time of year its all about three things...

chemistry...chemistry..chemistry......

Hi everyone. First of all ,it's nice to be on Habs ground again. :) I think nobody knows the truth about Kovy situation but Bob G and CJ. PO is coming soon and no NHL GM would reveal us a true situation about player's condition.:) Hope he'll be OK and help the Habs to get 3rd round as PB told last week. :P To speak honestly I don't beleive we can do that this year. Kovy is very skilled guy but toooo soft. Any Tucker or Domi would eliminate him in 1 sec.

Habs need toughness,IMO.

Thanks.

well,I guess Kovy is hurt for sure.Everyone who watched the game would confirm that. The only question I have how long it's gonna last? It's not his fault to get injured,but it made this trade not so sweet as it seemed before. May be it's time to trade some Habs prospects or drafts for the guys who can really helps us to fight during the PO games? What about Shane Doan ot Tyler Nash? It would be nice to have the guys like them.

Sad, sad, sad...

But let's hope for the best.

You can't blame him for being hurt but as long Kovalev will be a habs during the playoffs I'm fine.

Originally posted by HabFan

Any Tucker or Domi would eliminate him in 1 sec.  

Habs need toughness,IMO.  

Thanks.

Closet leaf fan here? Tucker ain't much to talk about, just another habs cast off and Dummy is about as great as Tiger Williams. No class no talent morons. But hey, if you want to cheer for them go ahead.

And by the way, why would Nash be available, he is a young player and far from free agency. But hey keep dreaming.

:ghg:

[Edited on 2004/3/6 by johnnyhasbeen]

this all sucks, but look at it this way - kovalev will ge more practice time with his new linemates before he has his real debut. Hopefully this means they will be more cohesive before important games test their chemistry.

I know thats a bit of bull, but hey... here's to silver linings.

There is no rush for his return. The Habs are pretty much in the playoffs, so let him get to 100%. We will be fine without him...Just wait 'till he gets back though :/)

Originally posted by johnnyhasbeen
Originally posted by HabFan

Any Tucker or Domi would eliminate him in 1 sec.  

Habs need toughness,IMO.  

Thanks.

Closet leaf fan here? Tucker ain't much to talk about, just another habs cast off and Dummy is about as great as Tiger Williams. No class no talent morons. But hey, if you want to cheer for them go ahead.

And by the way, why would Nash be available, he is a young player and far from free agency. But hey keep dreaming.

:ghg:

[Edited on 2004/3/6 by johnnyhasbeen]

well,I don't understand what makes you think that I'm a Laffan.As you probably see my nick is HabFan and I am not a Laff fan and never been. I live in ON,but I hate them from the bottom of my heart,but that's another story.All I'm trying to say that Habs need to add someone who can protect our leaders. Otherwise we can lose our top notch guns pretty soon.

I think everybody here can remember what Laffs or Boston can do during the PO games and if we want to respond we have to have more guys like Begin.

Didn't mean to insult you with the makebelieve fan comment, just checking. As for toughness, do you think Tucker could handle Langdon? Domi is a liability not a benifit in a playoff so I wouldn't worry about him. No, they haven't intimadated us yet this year and I wouldn't worry about them in the POs as they suck. Just ask Buffalo. Their fans talk about all their stars but really, who their is a real star, experianced free agents yes, big time players no. They won't go far.

:hlogo:

I think everybody here can remember what Laffs or Boston can do during the PO games and if we want to respond we have to have more guys like Begin.

I believe I'm remembering this correctly, but in the 2002 playoffs the Bruins came out hard and were trying to run us out of the rink, expecially at home. The hits were flying, but what happened is that they were so focused on hitting that we were able to create offensive chances due to them being out of position. And that Habs team probably had less of a physical presence than this season's team. We have guys like Begin and Ward who can rough it up and our D is pretty big on average (bouillon aside :))

Guys like Koivu, Zednik, Kovalev, Bulis, Ryder and even Ribs won't allow themselves to be pushed around either. We still probably need a power forward type player, but i don't think it is as neccesary as it has been made out to be. In my opinion, its the size of the heart that matters more, just look at Kilger.