Game Thread | Pittsburgh vs. Canadiens | 02/04/07

Spider-Man NL

Craig Rivet was a class act in the Bruce Rainnie interview. I like what he said about the refs and the calls. He was "read between the lines" and vague. But his meaning was crystal clear

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe the reffing in this one. Seems to me that the refs were not happy about Gainey's complaint to the league.

At least 1 positive i can find is Carbo finally put Ryder where he belongs on the 4th line.

Love Rivet's comment, get the point accross but don't lose your temper about it.

ryder doesn't deserve to be on the fourth line... he's a sniper... he needs a playmaker to set him up.

well see how quick you jump on the ryder bandwagon when he scores a few goals.

i think it's good Carbo shakes things up. Top line is anemic. Streit rewarded? Nice. Reward the players who come to play, bench the lasy guys. Perezhogin cost us the game with his stupid penality.. give him time to ponder on his play. I'm sure Perezhogin will come back strong againts Carolina.

you can't be sending messages to players like that all the time.. carbo is going to end up being the new mike keenan... sometimes u got to let the players sort it out themselves instead of hand slapping them all the time when they do something wrong.

Stop blaming the refs!

We are loosing because we are being outworked, especially along the boards (again!).

Were we being "outworked" when we started the guy 5 on 5? Nope... penalties are what is ruining the game. Penalties= stupid refs.

Anybody who disagrees is an idiot.

im rotted with the lines... carbo doesn't know how to handle his best players... he's all over the board lately.. that is not how you handle a few losses...and i'd like to go one on one with greg millen... he disgusts me.

Greg Millen, like Glen Healy, two toronto boys who grew up being jealous and hating the Habs. They're beyong pathetic. But, than again so are most of CBC's and TSN's broadcaters, pathetic...

as one of my heros said once: do they ever suck, they are the suckiest bunch of suckers that have ever sucked.

Depressing first period. I was thrilled to have it on tonight, after thursday. But this is just lame, sure the refs whistle tight(against us), but we play also very very bad.

Nobody is creative, and we give it up to easy.

I miss Samsonov-Bonk-Johnson, the most creative line of the last games...

ryder doesn't deserve to be on the fourth line... he's a sniper... he needs a playmaker to set him up.

well see how quick you jump on the ryder bandwagon when he scores a few goals.

ryder will deserve a bandwagon when he scores goals...

Depressing first period. I was thrilled to have it on tonight, after thursday. But this is just lame, sure the refs whistle tight(against us), but we play also very very bad.

Nobody is creative, and we give it up to easy.

I miss Samsonov-Bonk-Johnson, the most creative line of the last games...

Koivu has gotta wake up. People shit about Kovalev all the time.. well its been 5 weeks since Koivu has done ANYTHING.

I dont agree with a lot of things in the game already...Why isn't downey out there causing havoc against crosby? That would get the boys going...maybe a scrap..Because right now, the life has been sucked right out of that team. They need some motivation. Secondly, I am glad to see Ryder on the 4th line. Guy is doing the right thing by rewarding the players who actually want to play and work hard. IMO theres a conspiracy for all the referees in the NHL toward the Montreal Canadiens. Some calls I will give to them hands down, but a majority of those calls were b/s. Maybe Lapierre should butt end crosby in the temple this game, and lets see how the refs act to that one :clap: ....I also do not agree with Carbo's decision on sitting perezhogin and samsonov....If anything, Ryder and Higgins should be up in the press box. Lets hope for a better collective effort in the 2nd

Stop blaming the refs!

We are loosing because we are being outworked, especially along the boards (again!).

I agree and in another way I don't.

We aren't losing because of the penalties. I agree.

But, Every team can testify to :wacko: refs and calls. There's Edmonton dealing with the McGough gaffe against Dallas. It's everywhere. I disagree with some of Montreal's penalty calls as much as I do the stupid even up call. I hate that. We get a call that goes our way and I'm thinking, "what a bunch of garbage, I'll take it. Still, it's junk". It'll happen in the 2nd. We'll get a call that goes our way and it'll be so dumb dumb dumb.

I'm just sick of the system!

Wow Carbo has gone to a new length to not try Koivu with Kovalev...what the hell is up with that.

BS penalties in the first, especially the one on Bonk.

:ghg:

There must be something wrong between Koivu and Kovalev.. if not I don't get it too. Why aren't tey playing together?? :?-