jl.roberts

Canadiens @ Kings

logo-nhl-canadiens.gifvs. logo-nhl-kings.gif

Time : 10:00 ET

Date : Mar. 6/04

Place : Staples Centre in Los Angeles

TV : RDS, CBC, SRC

Radio : Team 990 Post Game, CJAD 800, CKAC

Having won six of eight, the Habs, with rumors swirling that Bob Gainey may not be done moving, take on an injury plagued Los Angeles club. It could be said, though, that the Habs are going through some tough times on the injury front themselves, what with Jan Bulis, Nik Sundstrom, Sheldon Souray, and Alexei Kovalev all preparing to watch this one from the sidelines. Joe Juneau, suffering from the flu, could sit this one out, too. One player who looks ready to step up is the Habs latest acquisition in Jim Dowd. Having already impressed many, Dowd looks to build on his shorthanded goal from last night.

1078416331-Dowd---1.jpg

Dowd's Profile, About the Dowd Deal

Ryder215.jpg

My Lineup

#94 Perreault - #11 Koivu - #20 Zednik

#26 Dagenais - #71 Ribeiro - #73 Ryder

#22 Begin - #34 Dowd - #17 Ward

#15 Langdon - #25 Kilger - #24 Dackell

#79 Markov - #52 Rivet

#51 Bouillon - #43 Brisebois

#8 Komisarek - #5 Quintal

Who Gets the call in net? Claude Julien stated earlier that Garon would get some time on the weekend, and let's hope that really is the case, because Theo could use a rest right now.

28791_2.jpg

Great job guys...

:ghg:

I'm sure Kovy will be back either Monday or Thursday, no doubts about it. Its actually funny how big of a panic habs fans were in last night (I know I was)

With Buffalo handling Toronto tonight we want to grab a win and keep the distance cause it ain't over til the fat lady sings.

I think we can manage a win tonight but those Kings are tricky. They're looking like a bird without wings, (with all their key injuries) but the bird's still flying!

Hopefully a good game by Garon and may Kovalev be back soon!

:ghg:

[Edited on 2004/3/7 by jeppa]

I sure hope he gets back.......I'm still so mad that he got injured and he's not playing tonight. Finally a habs fan in toronto can sit down on the weekend and watch a game, to see the newly acquired alexei kovalev not playing. It's really upsetting. but oh well, habs WILL win!!!!

0-0 After one... Kings outplayed the habs in the first, they're aggresive forechecking worked well on the habs, causing us to make many turnovers...

Shots: 12-5 Kings after one.

2-0 Habs... Begin and Perreault goals. We're up 2 after playing like garbage the whole game, cool... Saku is playing very feisty toinght, got in a shoving stick-swinging match with Stumple, then layed out a King with a huge hit.

This BS on hitting Garon has to stop. This is getting to be a scrappy game, and someone needs to stop Garon from getting run into and costing us a goal or a backup.

Habs Win Habs Win.

Thank you Garon What a game. I can't remember the last time i've seen so many highlight saves in a single game. He was just playing out of his mind.

Zednik big game as well starting to really get hot and just in time his favorite time of course playoff time.

Habs are 10 games over 500 tonight...

Man, we played really badly tonight, one of our worst performances of the year and yet we managed to come up with a win... I'm not sure if we're fatigued from the travel, or we're getting lazy... but whatever it is, it must stop right now! You know we played bad when Komisarek was one of our top D (I love Mike, but he's usually not one of our best-6) and Langdon is one of your top forwards...