So much for seeing Crosby in Montreal

C-Love

Gretzky was traded to the Blues for nothing.

true enough... would mario and company be of the same mind as pocklington?

if my memory serves me correctly, that move was motivated an awful lot due to financial considerations... pocklington was in deep caca financially at the time...

GO :hlogo: GO!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true enough... would mario and company be of the same mind as pocklington?

if my memory serves me correctly, that move was motivated an awful lot due to financial considerations... pocklington was in deep caca financially at the time...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Pocklington traded him from the Oilers to the Kings, the Kings traded him to the Blues. I believe you're correct, though - money was the main reason for both trades.

The Kings traded him for rookies, prospects and picks (including a first rounder). Which isn't exactly nothing, given that he was 35 at the time.

ID RATHER HAVE OVECHKIN

I'd rather have crosby. More setups for other players... doesn't try to do it all by himself... I know ovechkin is a one-man wrecking ball, and I like him, but i like crosby better... we'll see as the years progress that they'll both be amazing anyway... but while I think we have a (miniscule) chance of landing crosby someday due to his childhood love of the habs, we don't stand ANY chance of landing ovechkin...

Ovelteen might break down in 10 years or so because he plays at a high level and gets physical. Usually the physical guys break down the quickest.

I agree. He plays such a reckless style he is bound to have some major injures. I hope he does not because he is a delight to watch but it does seem inevitable.

Ovelteen might break down in 10 years or so because he plays at a high level and gets physical. Usually the physical guys break down the quickest.

If he ever has knee troubles, he might have to change his game so much that it limits him or severely affects his offense.

I think Ovechkin is more likely to sign here, though. If the Pens stay in Pittsburgh, I think it will be hard for The Kid to not follow Mario's example after 7 years there and become the Franchise.

As for Ovechkin, he breathes hockey and the city of Washington doesn't even know his name. He's Markov's buddy and he wants to be playing in front of a full house.

I'd rather have Ovechkin.

We have enough playmakers as it is. Ovechkin would be our only true goal scorer. Do we even have anybody on the team who is gonna score 25+ goals?

And maybe he'd able able to wake up Kovalev. :rolleyes:

I think they are both strictly RWs anyway.

Thats what happens when you are a physical player. Did anybody ever smack Gretzky around like they do Ovel? nope. If you're physical people will be physical back. Its only a matter of time before Ovelteen becomes a lindros with concussions.

Personally, I'd rather compare him to Pavel Bure, but essentially it's the same result, minus the Russian mafia.

Lecavalier's a childhood Habs fan. 9 years and countless rumors later, he's still not a Habs, so don't hold your breath. Crosby's got insane young talent around him, so it'll all come down to where he has the most chances to win a Cup than childhood loyalties and "dreams".

I'd rather have crosby. More setups for other players... doesn't try to do it all by himself... I know ovechkin is a one-man wrecking ball, and I like him, but i like crosby better... we'll see as the years progress that they'll both be amazing anyway... but while I think we have a (miniscule) chance of landing crosby someday due to his childhood love of the habs, we don't stand ANY chance of landing ovechkin...

I'd also rather have ovechekin. Crosby is probably the better player. But simply from a fan's prospective, i like wathcing ovechikin. He plays with much more of an edge.

Having said that, I would give up 3 or 4 of our top guys from our roster today for Malkin (while i think oveckin and crosby are untouchable), given the number of young players pittburgh has, who knows, they might be willig to part with Malkin or Stall if they received enough in return.

WIth the salary cap, they can't wait 2-3 years for the young players to gel into a plowerhouse, and another 2-3 for them to learn to win like the young oilers did. So you may be able to pry a malkin or Stall out of pittsburgh if you gave enough in return.

We have too many fairies on the Habs right now....at least Ovechkin isn't afraid to throw the body!....And can Sidney say he's scored a goal on his back while rolling over....I think not....Not only that...but Ovechkin's one time from the left side on the PP is lethal! He would be a perfect fit...I hope i never see Sidney Crosby come to MTL....Its his personality that I hate more than anything...He already thinks he's God, and he's only 2 years into his career!!!

Its his personality that I hate more than anything...He already thinks he's God, and he's only 2 years into his career!!!

It would bother me too, if he weren't right.

From what I can tell, his personality is excellent under the circumstances. Sure he dives a little, but a great team player, very humble in interviews, very soft-spoken.

Crosby has played for 2 years, and he is by far the best player in the NHL. He is always trying to learn and will learn from his own mistakes. I think he is the best thing to happen to the NHL since Stevie Y. He will probably never become a habs either, so forget about it.

Crosby is a little sissy, I wouldnt want him tarnishing the CH with his Ribeiro-like antics.

That's gotta be your attempt at humour, right? If not, you get an award for the dumbest post yet. He's 19 years old, and leading the league in scoring. He is the future of hockey, and you don't want him. Great.

lol Best player in the league who is ranked 20th in goals.

So, the player with the most goals is the best player in the league?

:huh:

Oh? I didn't knew that, but thanks for clearing that up.

Go :hlogo: go!