Game Thread | Carolina vs. Canadiens | 02/06/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when was the last time we had a player finish runner up for rookie of the year, score 30 goals the next year. his a good player and for 2.2 m a year his a good deal. i think your asking to much from the guy, he only as 3 years in the nhl and he still learning to be a more all around player. the more time he gets the better he well be, and he seems like he likes playing in montreal which are hard to find. So i think he deserve his ice and i guess the coaches must like want they we from him.

I'm not asking much from him, I just don't want to see him anymore on the 1rst line. He's the first guy on this team that i would try to put in a package deal with Sammy...

Well right now the Habs don't have a first line, they barelyhave a scecond line. They have alot of 3rd and 4th liners. So to pick out 1 individual deserving a benching, less ice time etc, may be tough since so many are deserving less ice time.

The lines apparently;

Streit - Koivu - Johnson

Latendresse - Plekanec - Kovalev

Higgins - Bonk - Ryder

Murray - Lapierre - Useless plug...argh, I mean Downey.

So? Ryder gets moved up for what exactly?

Yeahp, Habs Inside/Out is pretty much confirming this here: http://www.habsinsideout.com/2007/02/habs_...anged_for_hurr/

I would be suprised if Perezhogin did not play tonight.

apparently, same lineup as on sunday. which also means that huet will sit out this one as well.

ryder takes a seat it be a joke, he as the best shot on the team,and he had a point last game and his not playing that bad this year he as 15G and 20A, if anyone should take a seat from the first line its higgins. but you shouldnt be beach higgin just let them play and it well come, have faith.. I think the reason samsonov not really playing is he dont want to be in montreal and there trying to trade him.

Obviously, that wasn't serious, well not really. Sure Ryder could be a nice weapon, specially with his wrist shot, but don't consider this guy as a real 1rst liner. He wouldn't be on the 1rst line of any other team for sure.

This may be the first time someone quote himself... :D

the thing with Ryder is that he isn't an all around player he is a scorer...hence he needs people cough cough koivu and higgins cough to help him at the begining of the seaon those 2 guys were flying and winning battles with their speed and skill but lately they have played as good as Murray which is kind of why Ryders production has fallen off. He just don't have the skill to do it himself so I dont see why he should be benched. if Ryder was playing with Crosby(even thought I hate crosby he is amazing) he would be twice as far ahead in goals and points because crosby has been winning those battles all year and could find him with a beautiful pass all the time for a nice shot. One thing I have noticed about ryder this year is alot more of his shots are being blocked as teams realize it is his strength and now he has to handle the puck more which is not a good thing for the habs. Along with this ryders +/- was decent up until that first line went into the funk it is in now.

This is going to be one interesting game. I fear that the shock and awe of samsonov's departure is going to be one huge distraction for the team.

I am okay with those lines. Streit is proving to be a real diamond in the rough and Johnson is a quality vet. I am also very curious if Bonk's recent hot streak will rub off on Higgins and/or Ryder tonight.

Come on Habs :hlogo:

It feels like we got that team we had around the year 2000 with 30347821 30 point getters and no really dangerous player.

Lets add Enrico Ciccone and Gino Odjick at the deadline so we look really dangerous as well. BLEH!!!!

Those years when our best scorers where around 50 points. I DONT WANT THOSE YEARS TO COME BACK!!!

Andrei Markov out with knee injury and Steve Begin skated with the team, but still not ready to play. He has a back injury. - TSN Forwards

Streit - Koivu - Johnson

Latendresse - Plekanec - Kovalev

Higgins - Bonk - Ryder

Murray - Lapierre - Downey

Defence

Souray - Rivet

Bouillon - Dandenault

Markov - Komisarek

Starting Goaltender

Aebischer

Thats what TSN says.. so with all the others too. That probably will be the lines...

Defence

Souray - Rivet

Bouillon - Dandenault

Markov - Komisarek

Starting Goaltender

Aebischer

Thats what TSN says.. so with all the others too. That probably will be the lines...

probably mean niinimaa-komisarek?

Edited by simonus

i just copied it right from TSN, dunno whats that all about. They say he's out, but still put him in the line-up. I didnt even notice. I looked @ the attack

not arguing with you, but i think TSN needs to upgrade their editorial staff if they can't decide whether markov is in or out.

TSN: i no longer hope that you will provide me with accurate or up-to-the-minute news. Can I at least hope for you to be internally consistent?

Its time for the team to respond again; Sammy demotion to the farm, or maybe it could be a promotion to the first line in Hamilton with more icetime... lets see how things work out... but in the meantime. The habs need to respond. KOVIU, KOVY, HIGGINS, RYDER need to respond and put up points!

Most importantly play as a team with energy and bring home the most important of all points 2!

GO HABS GO!

Ryder should be moved to the left wing. When he was scoring all kinds it was always from the left-hand side of the slot, near the edge of the circle. Put him on left wing with Kovalev and leave it at that.

Absolutely right. I don't know why he isn't shooting from there more often. His quick release from the left circle foils a lot of goalies.

Dead weight line? they are the only line that will throw a body check and get physical.

The only checks Murray should be throwing is into his saving account because he wont be in the nhl much longer. Not one team claimed him off waivers, hell no one even thought about it. And as for Downey a guy with no talent outside of getting in a fight and losing that fight I wouldnt be clamouring to have him on my team. He is another concussion away from retirement. I bet that line will have em shaking in their boots. :lol: