Game Thread | Carolina vs. Canadiens | 02/06/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehehe but I wasn't ringside. seriously did Rivet win lose or draw?

the announcers said that it was rivet's win on points...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Most of the "fans" are not only overly pessimistic but actually look for things they can complain about when there is, in reality, no problem. If you do not enjoy watching our team, then you are not a fan of the team. If your hobby is to bash a hockey team, you clearly do not like it and are therefore not a fan of this team. It's like the man who beats his wife because he "cares so much about her." When you look at the entire picture, the team is not anywhere near "blowing chunks." In our last 7 games, we're 4-2-1. Why is that reason for concern? The whole point of a following a sports team is to have fun and enjoy the highs and lows. If you don't know how to control your emotions and take it too seriously.. well, that's your problem. I atleast will have FUN watching hockey - if I didn't, then I wouldn't bother watching it. Because the fact is that anyone who doesn't enjoy the game is just wasting their time.

Great game, hey, 1 goal is better than being shutout, they looked really pretty in those nice red jerseys.

Name one "offensive" player on this team that is getting it done? Give Carbo credit for switching things up - I'll tell ya, with the way their playing, Kovalev/Koivu/Ryder/Higgins weren't scoring to tie it.

Did Kovalev not score tonight? Didnt Higgins get 3rd star despite not getting a point tonight?

Isnt Koivu the leading scorer on the team?

But hed rather have guys like Lapierre and Johnson out there along with Ninimaa. Great coaching!

It will be a long night Thursday night when I am at the game in Ottawa.

Another thrashing is on the way.

maybe not... maybe not... it may be another instance of win / lose / win / lose / win / etc...

the announcers said that it was rivet's win on points...

yeah I heard that too but the CKAC guys are really looking for a bright spot right now so I figured they might have been biased in that call ^_^

Did Kovalev not score tonight? Didnt Higgins get 3rd star despite not getting a point tonight?

Isnt Koivu the leading scorer on the team?

But hed rather have guys like Lapierre and Johnson out there along with Ninimaa. Great coaching!

Koivu isn't the leading scorer on the team. And I am aware of who scored tonight. But by this logic, Samsonov would be getting 20 minutes of ice time a game. These guys have been playing poorly and haven't earned the right to play in the final minute. Nor have they given Carbo any reason to put them on the ice.

It's so easy to arm-chair coach a hockey team.

In case you didn't notice, I was defending someone, but now I guess you are attacking my view of the team too.

People are allowed to vent their frustrations on this board when the team is not playing well.. if you don't like them, ignore them, but don't just slam the person and tell them to leave....

Just because people make negative comments does not mean their hobby is to "bash the team". If you notice, most people here give both praise and criticisms.

Oh, and if you think this team is playing well lately, you have rather low standards. Perhaps you should go be a leaf fan. :P

Im on brobin's side on this one. BTH shouldnt question if people are habsfans just becaus they get frustrated when things arent going the teams way.

Overall, another game with a common theme...

1. Abby played well.

2. First line was missing in action.

3. Pleks line was the only real threat.

One big change... Higgins is looking much much much better.

This team definitely needs an injection of something. They are treading water and they just don't have that big a lead in the playoff race.

Hopefully Gainey can swing something and raise the team's spirits. They just look defeated most nights, no confidence at all.

I knew that final canes goal would be a bitch....and it was...

have you tried picking numbers in the 6/49 lottery?

Koivu isn't the leading scorer on the team. And I am aware of who scored tonight. But by this logic, Samsonov would be getting 20 minutes of ice time a game. These guys have been playing poorly and haven't earned the right to play in the final minute. Nor have they given Carbo any reason to put them on the ice.

It's so easy to arm-chair coach a hockey team.

Again, Lapierre has not scored in like more then a month. Johnson? Isnt he a 3rd liner? Bonk ok...hes good at controling the puck down low. Niinimaa? Isnt he a 8th dman? Dandenault? Whens the last time he scored?

A sane coach would put

Higgins Koivu Bonk Kovalev and Souray.

NOT Lapierre Johnson Bonk Dandenault Niinimaa.

How stupid is that?

Again, Lapierre has not scored in like more then a month. Johnson? Isnt he a 3rd liner? Bonk ok...hes good at controling the puck down low. Niinimaa? Isnt he a 8th dman? Dandenault? Whens the last time he scored?

A sane coach would put

Higgins Koivu Bonk Kovalev and Souray.

NOT Lapierre Johnson Bonk Dandenault Niinimaa.

How stupid is that?

At least we wouldnt allow another goal with those players. :P

Man you guys are funny. Why weren't the top guys on at the end, can you you sending a message. That was another pathetic effort. I'll be the first to call out Koivu, 2 penalties, no offense he has been terrible in the last 15. This team plays exactly like the last 5 years, not to win that's for sure. I like the messages Carbo is sending, play hard or get out. For years these lazy inmates have been running the asylum. Now it's changing, it's time for many vets to put up or shut up.

It is time for a fire burning sale. This team has very little chance of making the playoffs, in fact they may be out by saturday night.

Now i feel much better that i have vented.

hehehe but I wasn't ringside. seriously did Rivet win lose or draw?

I would say he won. Both players remained standing but Rivet got a couple of good punches in.

In case you didn't notice, I was defending someone, but now I guess you are attacking my view of the team too.

People are allowed to vent their frustrations on this board when the team is not playing well.. if you don't like them, ignore them, but don't just slam the person and tell them to leave....

Just because people make negative comments does not mean their hobby is to "bash the team". If you notice, most people here give both praise and criticisms.

Oh, and if you think this team is playing well lately, you have rather low standards. Perhaps you should go be a leaf fan. :P

I cannot attack your view of the team because I don't even know what it is. You think I remember every post every makes and write down my own little profiles? I don't, there are only a handful of posters who's outlooks I recognize.

If people give praise and criticism, that's great but do they really? Most of them don't even give criticism, just insults. Let me show you some posts in this very thread:

"Stupid coach, stupid loss" - Aebischer4life

"what a bunch of losers" - Habsfan24

"Great job not tying the game again. ######in losers." - Aebischer4life (not to pick on this guy, he just gives lots of nice examples)

here's another quote that baffles me -

"if you don't like them, ignore them, but don't just slam the person and tell them to leave...."

and it's counterpart...

"Perhaps you should go be a leaf fan. "

:blink: No way! It's almost like you're doing exactly what you just told me not to do!