Kovalev Injury Update

habsfan88

12:32 AM EST, 03/06/2004

Forward hurt in first game with Habs

GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) - Alex Kovalev lasted about one-half game with his new team.

The new Montreal right wing absorbed what he described as a mild shoulder separation Friday night in the second period of a 4-3 victory over the Phoenix Coyotes.

"I feel like it's not going to take that long," said Kovalev, who joined the Canadiens on Wednesday after the New York Rangers traded him for prospect Josef Balej and a second-round draft pick. "I had a separation in that left shoulder, it was separated a lot worse than I had now. You can see I'm moving my arm and everything, so it feels more like a bruise."

Coach Claude Julien listed Kovalev as day-to-day.

The Russian forward was hurt when he extended his right arm to reach for a puck along the boards, and Coyotes forward Shane Doan crashed into him 9:22 into the period.

--Source from nhl.com

Ya, I live in toronto, so unless they play an odd TSN game during the week, then i cant watch them for another week too. And damn that sucks how I can't watch kovalev play tonight.

Shoulder injuries are generally pretty innocent-looking. Remember when Begin went down? It didnt look that bad at first. But i think kovalev should be back next week, i mean he even gave an interview to RDS right after.