Sergei Samsonov

MAK

Higgins-Koivu-Kovalev

Samsonov-Plekanec-Ryder

Streit-Bonk-Johnson

Murray-Lapierre-Latendresse

Pair Samsonov with Ryder, Samsonov gets the finisher he needs, Plekanec has been the best forward as of late, so maybe he gets the other two guys going. Koivu and Kovalev play keep away with the opposition and Higgins finds the open ice for a scoring chance. Streit, Bonk and Johnson check the bejeezus out of the other team's top line, and Murray, Lapierre and Latendresse hit anything and everything not wearing a CH on their chest.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Higgins-Koivu-Kovalev

Samsonov-Plekanec-Ryder

Streit-Bonk-Johnson

Pair Samsonov with Ryder, Samsonov gets the finisher he needs, Plekanec has been the best forward as of late, so maybe he gets the other two guys going. Koivu and Kovalev play keep away with the opposition and Higgins finds the open ice for a scoring chance. Streit, Bonk and Johnson check the bejeezus out of the other team's top line, and Murray, Lapierre and Latendresse hit anything and everything not wearing a CH on their chest.

i agree but if that didnt work out , i wouldnt mind seeing bonk between sammy and ryder.. i like to see both lines in action but i like ryder and sammy together, i think if we made a trade for a big center to get in front of the net to play between those two guys look out

Edited by KEEP26

Sorry, Ryder has had a lot of chances this year, especially from in close. He hasn't converted, end of.

I never meant waive him, but he - along with others - has simply not delivered this year. Maybe RobRock's idea of pairing him with Samsonov might work, especially as Plecks would draw a lot of attention on that line, and if Ryder could play off the puck, might find the opening he needs - and he need the openings - to unleash his pretty good wrist shot from the high slot. But Ryder has been awful. No-one faults his work ethic, but Downey works really hard too...

Anyone who suggests that Samsonov was not an explosive player with Boston never saw him play. He was the one guy I would cringe when carrying the puck on the rush against us, more that Thornton.

The message of Gainey has been clear to sammy.. "I tried to trade you, nobody wanted you, I waived you, nobody picked you!" Now, you play.

lets hope he gets a prolonged chance to play with a guy like koivu, rather then have carboneau play koviu with Striet and johnson or let Ryder-Koivu-Higgens flounder any longer.

Sorry, Ryder has had a lot of chances this year, especially from in close. He hasn't converted, end of.

I never meant waive him, but he - along with others - has simply not delivered this year. Maybe RobRock's idea of pairing him with Samsonov might work, especially as Plecks would draw a lot of attention on that line, and if Ryder could play off the puck, might find the opening he needs - and he need the openings - to unleash his pretty good wrist shot from the high slot. But Ryder has been awful. No-one faults his work ethic, but Downey works really hard too...

Anyone who suggests that Samsonov was not an explosive player with Boston never saw him play. He was the one guy I would cringe when carrying the puck on the rush against us, more that Thornton.

Ive said that so many times as well. Ryder blows way more chances then he converts. I would LOVE to see Ryder score two or three in the next couple of games. I would love it even more if he was TRADED right away. Everytime he has gotten hot, i've hoped that the habs would finally trade him to some unsuspecting gm. I can't believe he has been called a poor man's brett hull!!!

you just said it boston add thornton, and players had to play him hard and that gave samsonov time and room to work, we have no one close to thornton, we need a trade, the team we have now is good not great.samsonov as been a good player in the pass but he as never score 30G goals and he play with some great playes.ryan clowe is light it up in sj playing with thornton and his punching guys out at the same time. ryder as 15G and 20A on the worst 5-5 team in the league, he as chance because he shoots the puck on like most of the team that are making to many moves and lose the puck or get stuck behind the net with. if you think ryder awful, i really dont think you watch many games, he does his good and want he gets paid for.

Well first of all it was not me that said that Samsonov could not work with Carbo/Gainey now because of bad blood.

*sigh*

It was me - albeit in a different thread. As the saying goes - I've been wrong before (just can't remember when), and I'll be wrong again (unlikely).

That's how it seemed 24 hours ago, though. This soap opera continues to unfold. I'm waiting for tonight's game, when Carbo and Sammy shock everyone with an open-mouthed kiss on the bench. And then the thrilling conclusion, when Sammy explodes and demands a trade (again) after catching Carbo looking at Ryder's... stick.

:rolleyes:

*sigh*

It was me - albeit in a different thread. As the saying goes - I've been wrong before (just can't remember when), and I'll be wrong again (unlikely).

That's how it seemed 24 hours ago, though. This soap opera continues to unfold. I'm waiting for tonight's game, when Carbo and Sammy shock everyone with an open-mouthed kiss on the bench. And then the thrilling conclusion, when Sammy explodes and demands a trade (again) after catching Carbo looking at Ryder's... stick.

:rolleyes:

LMAO :unsure:

The post meeting interview with Sammy didn't look very promising to me. Sammy's body language was clearly saying he does not want to be here but has no choice right now.

Well first of all it was not me that said that Samsonov could not work with Carbo/Gainey now because of bad blood.

I really hope Samsonov comes out flying tomorrow this may have just been a case of his agent not being able to keep his mouth shut.

And I truly believe Sammy will HELP this team in the playoffs.

Sorry JMMR. Didn't mean to misrepresent you. Someone said it and I incorrectly remembered it as you... I hope he comes out flying too. I hope they can put this behind them. We'll see soon...

Higgins-Koivu-Kovalev

Samsonov-Plekanec-Ryder

Streit-Bonk-Johnson

I've asked it before and I'll ask it again: where's Perezhogin???? Jeez ppl, we have a great, young, hard working, talented, non-complaining prospect here and we're not using him. Any lineup without Perogie on one of the top 3 lines (preferably one of the top 2) is not going to work for a long time. We might eke out a win or two, but long term, we need scoring, so why not give our offensive talent time to play???

I think it is interesting that Carbo admitted some fault in how he used Sammy and the lines. Things are rarely one sided, so hopefully Sammy and Carbo both admitted they could do better, and might come out of this ahead!

Perhaps now we will see Sammy with Bonk more, or Sammy with Koivu. Perhaps Sammy will also listen when told.. shoot the damn puck...

I am kind of hoping this is the turning point for both Sammy and the team.

I cant help but feel optimistic about noone claiming Samsonov. I somehow still believe in this guy and its not like all the others have been playing good compared to the money they earn.

I have the feeling there's more to this story, and few people if any except Sammy, Carbo and Bob know about it.

If not, I don't see why Carbo would have decided not to dress him tonight. I really thought he'd be playing - because it's clear that Sammy would have been motivated tonight: he'll want to prove everyone wrong.

I just heard that Rivet and Johnson might be sick (overheard the tv) - maybe there's hope yet then...

I've asked it before and I'll ask it again: where's Perezhogin???? Jeez ppl, we have a great, young, hard working, talented, non-complaining prospect here and we're not using him. Any lineup without Perogie on one of the top 3 lines (preferably one of the top 2) is not going to work for a long time. We might eke out a win or two, but long term, we need scoring, so why not give our offensive talent time to play???

Perezhogin's main flaw is that he continues to take the same hooking/holding penalties over and over again. By no means is he the lone culprit when it comes to taking stupid penalties at bad times, but because he's a rookie, and he is a rookie, he doesn't get the same leeway that veterans get. We all know the potential he's got. Carbonneau doesn't have very much trust in his decision making ability at the moment. If Samsonov doesn't dress tonight, then he should skate on the third line where he's played great. Wholding him out too long will definitely not help him. And if Carbonneau didn't want him around anymore, he would have been sent to Hamilton by now, I think.

I wish him the best. I don't know why, but I've always liked him. Not because of his play, but he seems like a nice guy. Now it's time to play. :hlogo:

I hope he comes back fired up. Ideally, he would have played on thursday and we all know how fired up he would have been for that... Please, let sammy have some pride and tear it up out there on saturday night...

I agree he's become very likeable too, somehow, in this fiasco. Except for the demanding-a-trade part. What an odd character.

I kinda get the feeling that he's a player that needs a change of agent.

Ryder's from the Maritimes. They call it English, but really it's Irish or Gaelic. :lol:

Ottawa can pog ma thoin. Go CH!

Chuckle...back when Darren Langdon (also a Newf) was still with the team, other players would complain that he and Ryder were completely incomprehensible when talking to each other.