The Official Habs Panic Thread

hab29RETIRED

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Gainey needs to go back behind the bench. Leave Carbo as an assistant coach. They have more respect for him, he keeps his cool, and he seems to make better decisions.

amen to that!!!

I so pissed watching the game tonight. What the hell is wrong with Carbo!! The PP is not working, yet its the same guys, the same game plan still. Its been almost a month since they have sucked!!

what the hell is Ryder still on the pp for????

ANd i would have liked to have seen samsonov in tonight - playing with Koivu!

and right now it looks like they won't, Carbonneau must take a great deal of the responsibility. He has mismanaged so many things. Starting with line combinations (why is Koivu and Kovalev not together yet...don't give me crap about how the other teams would then shut the team down because that is laughable considering how shut down this team is already...I remember a line of Koivu- Kovalev-Perezhogin that was pretty damn good a while ago but I guess he's just too stubborn to try that again. Instead he lets a young kid with all the potential in the world like Perezhogin rot on the bench or gives him 10 freaking minutes a game. How's he suppose to develop like that ?!?!), an inability to get this team to play 5 on 5 worth a shit, an inability to instill enough discipline to not take 20 freaking penalties a game, totally mismanaging Samsonov keeping him on a line that was clearly not working from day 1....anyway I'm getting to depressed to go on with this but I could rattle off another half dozen things. Carbonneau you're the biggest disappointment of this 2006/07 season.

Please STOP blaming the coaches, this is the same coach who everyone was cheering when they had the top PP and PK in the league. Coaches coach and players play, except the Habs who noramally just skate around and collect a check.

We will make the playoffs.

What are you basing that on? I see a team that is falling fast with better teams coming up behind them. If we do make the playoffs it will be barely in the 7th or 8th seed. I was hoping for so much better than that but at this point I would gladly take it. This team is so down right now that a playoff finish seems like a very difficult thing to attain.

Sorry, they are not making the playoffs, good news on that is more ping pong balls for a high draft pick. Why does everyone KEEP blaming the coach? This team has never been more then an 7 mostly 8 seed for the past 10 years. They had 4 different coaches who couldn't get the core to play.

You guys need to get on the lazy slug players.

Please STOP blaming the coaches, this is the same coach who everyone was cheering when they had the top PP and PK in the league. Coaches coach and players play, except the Habs who noramally just skate around and collect a check.

Amen...

Therrien and Julien got blamed too... NJ and Pitts dont seem to be doing too bad now, aren't they?

Almost the same could be said of Vigneault, with his ragedy bunch in Vancouver being a respectable 9 games over 500.

Blame the "leaders", not the staff.

Yawns... This is what this team is, a lower end playoff team. Going into the season, that's what we should have expected. The hot start got everyone excited and everyone thought the Habs were close to being dominant. That simply isn't the case.

Think about it: last season we were a low playoff seed. We dumped Ribeiro, Bulis, and Zednik and picked up Johnson, Samsonov and Niinimaa. Latendresse made the team. That's about it. We didn't make significant improvement in talent. We didn't change the defence, save for Niinimaa who has had little impact. Why should anyone have expected so much?

Kovalev? Koivu is now minus 15 or something, i have as many pints as him in the last 10-15 games.

Kovalev i can't beleive i'm sticking up for him has been on the ONLY offensive line this team has in the last month.

:?- What are you talking about? Last three first rounds for the Habs have included two series wins and taking two games from the Cup champs after they tore out the Habs' heart.

lol fine we beat boston twice... okay who cares? Its the only opponent we seem to beat.

2nd round in 2002... EMBARASSING elimination

2nd round in 2004... EMBRASSING sweep

1st round in 2006.. EMBRASSING choking

1st round in 2007... WELL SEE

Sorry, they are not making the playoffs, good news on that is more ping pong balls for a high draft pick. Why does everyone KEEP blaming the coach? This team has never been more then an 7 mostly 8 seed for the past 10 years. They had 4 different coaches who couldn't get the core to play.

You guys need to get on the lazy slug players.

The reason that everyone is on Carbonneau is because this team does have potential to be a lot better as they proved earlier in the season. When things fall apart it is the coach that is blamed because he is the one that has to keep the team focused and playing at the level they are capable of. Carbonneau hasn't been able to do that and he looks totally lost and helpless behind the bench. I'm not saying this team is the best in the league but to have such a breakdown is totally unacceptable and the coach must take the lion's share of the blame. This is the best team Montreal has had in the past 10 yrs and we should be seeing the results not the same old sneak in for 7th or 8th game they've been playing the last decade. That's if they even get that far...

Sorry dump samsonov, there is a reason the habs were not picked to even make the playoffs by most "experts". Where this team on paper may be better, it is essentially the same from last years 8th seed. The coomon thread to all the poor prior seasons, the core.

The reason that everyone is on Carbonneau is because this team does have potential to be a lot better as they proved earlier in the season. When things fall apart it is the coach that is blamed because he is the one that has to keep the team focused and playing at the level they are capable of. Carbonneau hasn't been able to do that and he looks totally lost and helpless behind the bench. I'm not saying this team is the best in the league but to have such a breakdown is totally unacceptable and the coach must take the lion's share of the blame. This is the best team Montreal has had in the past 10 yrs and we should be seeing the results not the same old sneak in for 7th or 8th game they've been playing the last decade. That's if they even get that far...

Better? As in "played over their heads and only won because they had the best PK and PP unit in the league because they couldn't score 5 on 5"???

This is the best team Montreal has had in the past 10 yrs

Give me a break. As I already explained, it's practically the same team as last year. Bulis and Johnson are similar. Both played good, two-way hockey, only difference is Johnson isn't a whiner. Samsonov and Ribeiro are about the same, both are annoying guys who didn't produce. Niinimaa has been a non-factor. Latendresse has played well, but he's 19 and hasn't reached his potential yet.

Think about it: last season we were a low playoff seed. We dumped Ribeiro, Bulis, and Zednik and picked up Johnson, Samsonov and Niinimaa. Latendresse made the team. That's about it. We didn't make significant improvement in talent. We didn't change the defence, save for Niinimaa who has had little impact. Why should anyone have expected so much?

You're failing to mention the development and improvement of players like Plekanec, Perezhogin, Higgins, Komisarek.....etc. these guys are promising young players that are going to make up the nucleus of this team and another season under their belt should have made this team better. Or at least they should have but they haven't been used to their potential like they should. Blame Carbonneau.

Give me a break. As I already explained, it's practically the same team as last year. Bulis and Johnson are similar, but without the whining. Samsonov and Ribeiro are about the same, both annoying guys who didn't produce. Niinimaa has been a non-factor. Latendresse has played well, but he's not a huge improvement to the team talent for right now.

See last post and throw in 2 better goalies ...no excuse for this team not improving over last season.

Edited by dumpSamsonov

The "experts" predicted they'd be fighting for a playoff birth. If we're lucky, they'll actually start fighting for one. Just imagine where the team would be if Souray wasn't having a career year.

Sure there is, THE CORE is pathetic. They have been for years,. All they do is kill coaches, lose battles, don't work, can't score, can't play D. no work ethic, perinial 8th seed. But other then that, there great.

What are you basing that on? I see a team that is falling fast with better teams coming up behind them. If we do make the playoffs it will be barely in the 7th or 8th seed. I was hoping for so much better than that but at this point I would gladly take it. This team is so down right now that a playoff finish seems like a very difficult thing to attain.

I agree, the whole veteren core is incredibly average and does'nt step up when the team is down. Kovalev is doing the same old floating around waiting for the pioints to come to him. Koivu is busting his nut but is playing terrible with bad passes and decisions. Higgins, who? hes playing? would be nice to have him back in the line-up.