The Official Habs Panic Thread

hab29RETIRED

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God damnit when am I going to be able to happy about this team again?! It's really getting annoying. I'm all for supporting the team, which I do completely, but I want to look forward to watching a Habs game over reading week, not dread that we will likely lose somehow.

5 Alarms the fire has engulfed the building next to it

The roof...the roof...the roof is on fire.

We don't need no water, let the mother######er burn!

(at least, I'm starting to suspect this is BG's attitude, because the smoke has been billowing for quite some time and nothing has been done about it)

Wow the game against jersey was just brutual. Im sorry to say but I do think we need to get rid of Gainey and Guy. Gainey has made some horrible signings and trades, his time is up. I do believe Guy has lost the respect from his players.

nah, nothing to do with respect of Carbo. they are doing what he's asking... then they get a brain cramp.

Wow the game against jersey was just brutual. Im sorry to say but I do think we need to get rid of Gainey and Guy. Gainey has made some horrible signings and trades, his time is up. I do believe Guy has lost the respect from his players.

Getting rid of Gainey would be the second stupidest mistake in the history of this franchise.

Carbo, that's another matter, but we're stuck with him - for the Habs to fire yet another coach would make a joke out of us, and further drive down our value to free agents.

To say this is a disaster is no understatement.

The Canadiens now lie in 8th place with 64 pts in 59 games. The Leafs and Islanders are only 2 pts back and have 2 games in hand.

According to hockey writer James Mirtle, the Canadiens will need to go 15-7-1 in their remaining games to finish with 95 pts (enough to make the playoffs).

Is it likely with this team? Sadly, I think not.

It's still astounding to me that the team went from doing so well to doing nothing at all. It used to be like being a fan of the Harlem Globetrotters - entertaining and successful. Now, it's dark and disturbing, like that movie 'Police Academy'.

Trade Gainey, he has done nothing at all that impressed me. Too many people on here with blinders about this guy and how he manages to have any meaningful banter.

Gainey has done NOTHING and will do NOTHING and all the other organizations just laugh at the once mighty habs Empire. This team is now playing at their talent level as the goaltending masked the early problems which Habs lucked out to make wins. Dump what you can and start over, this ship has sailed!

Trade Gainey, he has done nothing at all that impressed me. Too many people on here with blinders about this guy and how he manages to have any meaningful banter.

Gainey has done NOTHING and will do NOTHING and all the other organizations just laugh at the once mighty habs Empire. This team is now playing at their talent level as the goaltending masked the early problems which Habs lucked out to make wins. Dump what you can and start over, this ship has sailed!

Ok so Thats just INSANE AVSfan.

lets not go over the deep end and ask for a trade now... We waited all this time we might as well just "roll the dice and let it ride" eh?

I agree with AVS's its past "Panic" we are well into reality and if the team does not feel the reality of the team and its chemistry I sure hope the fans do.

Now I'm not saying we get off the bandwagon; no not at all; I'm only making a case for supporting your team no matter what! specially through the tough times.

When you are a winner everyones your friend. But when your losing thats when you see the real "Fans" come out.

So ya, I'm past PANIC and into reality.

GO HABS GO!

Edited by Chips

Ok so Thats just INSANE AVSfan.

lets not go over the deep end and ask for a trade now... We waited all this time we might as well just "roll the dice and let it ride" eh?

I agree with AVS's its past "Panic" we are well into reality and if the team does not feel the reality of the team and its chemistry I sure hope the fans do.

Now I'm not saying we get off the bandwagon; no not at all; I'm only making a case for supporting your team no matter what! specially through the tough times.

When you are a winner everyones your friend. But when your losing thats when you see the real "Fans" come out.

So ya, I'm past PANIC and into reality.

GO HABS GO!

Your right. I may have been a little insane if being a little insane is possible with that post. The facts are that Montreal's youth movement does not include old age veterans that are going to be UFA's next year. When Montreal was stealing games at the beginning of the season I was dreaming 1993 all over again as a goalie was stealing the show. Montreal was playing aweful but they were winning and life was good in my own habs like reality.

Well other teams figured them out and in chess the word is Check Mate! Bob made no moves to correct deficiencies because of:

1. No teams want Montreal players.

or

2. He was sleeping on the job.

If the Habs were to have a serious run at a playoff spot he should of tried to turn this downward spiral around. I don't want to hear that nobody wants Montreal players. Toronto talk shows drool over Rivet and Souray and (self proclaimed Leaf fan) Ryder. Dallas took the flopper in trade for a Dman and Colorado got fleeced with Jose. Anyone can get traded. Now if he Habs were in First place like Bufffalo, my insanity would be kept in check with a pill. The habs Victory Pill!!!!