Samsonov - Koivu - Ryder

hupette gros

1) Samsonov is working damn hard lately. The effort is there, the confidence isn't. How would you feel if you were one of the top players in terms of intrinsict talent and never played on the first line? Being with Koivu and Ryder would help his nervous system to get back in healt. And for god's sake Carbonneau; try the combination for more than 4 shifts! Four games would barely leave you enough thoughts to bring a clear judgment on such a combination. Samsonov might not go in front of the net all that often, but koivu is often there. Sammy can move the puck fluently accross the ice which would be a plus on that line (Ryder can't do that, koivu merely)

2) Higgins brought on the second unit with Plecks and Kovalev would give an energy that would likely help to motivate Kovalev.

3) You end up with two stong scoring lines (on paper at least), one highly reliable line (perez-bonk-johnson) that is flexible and can score goals.

4) A big energy line that can hit, play defensively and keep the puck deep into the ennemy's zone (Lats-Lapierre-Begin). Not only energetic on paper - just imagine the reacton of the crowd when those three would get on the ice...

Why hasn't this been tried out (replace begin because he's injured)?????? I don't care if koivu doesn't like Samsonov - force him to!!

Edited by hupette gros

Carbo seems open minded to juggling his lines which is good but seems really close minded and mixing Kovalev with Koivu or Samsonov with Koivu, even after the lines have been struggling for so long. Seems like he's got some real stubbornness and it's showing.

Know what? I think that is an excellent idea...in principle anyway. Who knows how it would work in a game, but cripes, could it be any worse than what's been going lately?

:hlogo:

I don't think that Ryder can hold a position on the first line, he doesn't belong their, and will never be their if he keeps up with that kind of work. Koivu, no offense isn't the greatest forward, he isn't one of the top forwards and the NHL, he is not a first liner, but people seem to be a bit blind, Kovalev plays more often then Koivu and he is on the second liner... I don't get it, Kovalev is suppose to be a first liner, but plays on a second line, but plays more time then the first liners do... I don't understand.

thats sounds like it might just work, but i think we still need a big guy to play down the middle and get in front of the net so the guy are free to move around and work the puck. we need someone to draw people to him in front of the net so the other plays can work thier magic..ryder, souray could use there shoot more and the guys with the wheels and moves could do their thing.. we need to make a trade

I'm all for seeing Koivu and Sammy together. But i'd rather see Ryder dropped down to the 4th line with Lapierre and Murrey.

I'm all for seeing Koivu and Sammy together. But i'd rather see Ryder dropped down to the 4th line with Lapierre and Murrey.

sammy so good that no other team wants him, his over paid and dont want to be in montreal, ryder as been runner up for rookie of the year, score 30 G last year and as 15G and 20A this year, only makes 2.2 M a year and his the problem? thats funny.

Now that Samsonov is 'happily back in the fold' :lol: it's time for Carbonneau to stop jerking him around and start putting him in a position to succeed. That means, first not trapping him on a useless line with Kovalev for months, despite the obvious lack of chemistry; second, not arbitrarily benching him when he starts playing well; and third, either leaving him with Bonk and Johnson - players with whom he suddenly started playing MUCH better - OR trying him out with the only player on our team other than Bonk who actually makes his linemates better, namely Koivu.

Samsonov has been a consistent and effective offensive NHL player over his entire career. It is in the interest of the organization that he become that player again. If that means putting him with Koivu, then ABSOLUTELY we should be doing that. As I keep saying, you don't develop a winner by giving Mark Streit 20 minutes of ice a game. You DO win, when you get your best players producing like your best players. That's Carbo's job and he'd better start doing it. :angry:

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Now that Samsonov is 'happily back in the fold' :lol: it's time for Carbonneau to stop jerking him around and start putting him in a position to succeed. That means, first not trapping him on a useless line with Kovalev for months, despite the obvious lack of chemistry; second, not arbitrarily benching him when he starts playing well; and third, either leaving him with Bonk and Johnson - players with whom he suddenly started playing MUCH better - OR trying him out with the only player on our team other than Bonk who actually makes his linemates better, namely Koivu.

Samsonov has been a consistent and effective offensive NHL player over his entire career. It is in the interest of the organization that he become that player again. If that means putting him with Koivu, then ABSOLUTELY we should be doing that. As I keep saying, you don't develop a winner by giving Mark Streit 20 minutes of ice a game. You DO win, when you get your best players producing like your best players. That's Carbo's job and he'd better start doing it. :angry:

Thank you. Said it better than I could.

you would think making all that money and keeping your job and oh yea winning would be a reason to produce, but thats just me, want do i know.

sammy so good that no other team wants him, his over paid and dont want to be in montreal, ryder as been runner up for rookie of the year, score 30 G last year and as 15G and 20A this year, only makes 2.2 M a year and his the problem? thats funny.

The difference is that with the chances Ryder has, he should have 30 goals right now. the guy is not a sniper. The only thing he can do is shoot - and usually aims for the crest on the goalies jersey.

there is a reason he is streaky - the odd time he is lucky - the puck goes in.

Everytime Ryder gets hot, i pray that the habs will dump him!!!!

Exactly - STREIT is playing well - for a 4th liner or 5th/6th defencemen. He should be getting minutes that reflect his position on the team.

Funny samsonov becomes a habs and all of a sudden can't score.

The habs just don't let their offensive guys play like scorers do.

The habs should be giving more time to Perozhogin, heck i'd rather even see the habs call grabowsky back up and let Murrey ride the pine.

Let the young skilled guys learn and develop like other teams in this century are doing. There's no way afinaganov would have still been in the NHL if he had been a habs prospect.

Look at beachiman in anahiem, or even Hainsy in Columbas. the habs do a lousy job of developing young players, coz while the fans cry about the lack of scoring, mgmt tries to teach the scorers defence while handcuffing them offensively.

for some reason, the habs have a hard on for ryder (except when it comes to signing him to a contract), so he's been pretty much given a free pass when it comes to ice time.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

The difference is that with the chances Ryder has, he should have 30 goals right now. the guy is not a sniper. The only thing he can do is shoot - and usually aims for the crest on the goalies jersey.

there is a reason he is streaky - the odd time he is lucky - the puck goes in.

Everytime Ryder gets hot, i pray that the habs will dump him!!!!

if his lucky i dont care 30G is 30G, he is not a play maker his a shooter that why he get pay and for the most part he does his job, lets worry about the plays who gets paid and cant do their job, he is one of our only player that we can dump because other team want him, we cant even give away alot of our "superstar" right now because they cant do their job, there over paid, and their shit in the locker room. you want to move a player that only makes 2.2m a year as 15G,20A does his job dont complain and keep the playes that dont bring their best game ,over paid and dont want to be there, i hope you dont run your own business, but if you do can i get a job

So, anyone here actually know Carbonneau personnally? If so, please suggest to him to try Samsonov-Koivu-Ryder and Higgins-Plek-Kovalev for 3-4 games. Most people seem to think that's a good idea, why not try it? After having Streit and Johnson on the first line, Perez benched and Samsonov benched, nothing is surprising.

Okay koivu isn't what you could define as a first line center. But he's a team leader, he's our first center and he inspires confidence. You just need to get positive vibes in people's mind to see them perform, that's what would happen to Sergei if he plays with him.

Carbonneau should make public excuses on how he has dealt with Samsonov, at least expose regrets. Samsonov should say he accept these and that he isn't happy with his reponse (both on and out of the ice). The file will then be closed and the team will win with two lines producing regularly.

if his lucky i dont care 30G is 30G, he is not a play maker his a shooter that why he get pay and for the most part he does his job, lets worry about the plays who gets paid and cant do their job, he is one of our only player that we can dump because other team want him, we cant even give away alot of our "superstar" right now because they cant do their job, there over paid, and their shit in the locker room. you want to move a player that only makes 2.2m a year as 15G,20A does his job dont complain and keep the playes that dont bring their best game ,over paid and dont want to be there, i hope you dont run your own business, but if you do can i get a job

hey i didn't support the samsonov signing. I'm just saying that once you have signed him, in the salary cap area, you have to do whatever is necessary to make it work.

If it was up to me Sykora would've been a habs back when Anaheim was trying to dump him.

Rather than SS-Koivu-Ryder, I'd make it SS-Koivu-Higgins. I think they're both left wingers, but SS tends to play circumference rather than wing, and Higgins plays (0,0) rather than wing, so I think it would work. It's just that Ryder hasn't been a useful 5-on-5 player for two seasons, so he should stick on the 4th and be brought in for power plays, where he is streakily useful, and Higgins (who has suddenly shown signs of life) should be the one to stay with Koivu. Latendresse seems to be doing all right with Plekanec and Kovalev, so let's leave that one alone.

Rather than SS-Koivu-Ryder, I'd make it SS-Koivu-Higgins. I think they're both left wingers, but SS tends to play circumference rather than wing, and Higgins plays (0,0) rather than wing, so I think it would work. It's just that Ryder hasn't been a useful 5-on-5 player for two seasons, so he should stick on the 4th and be brought in for power plays, where he is streakily useful, and Higgins (who has suddenly shown signs of life) should be the one to stay with Koivu. Latendresse seems to be doing all right with Plekanec and Kovalev, so let's leave that one alone.

I have to agree, the "2nd" line has been consistently "good" lately. Also, Higgins - Koivu - Sammy would be signifantly faster than Higgins - Koivu - Ryder, and would be a stronger threat. Bring Ryder in as needed, on PPs or when a winger tires. I like Ryder, but he needs to improve his effort, IMO.

[/quot

right now i dont think we have to many 5 on 5 player? its time for other guys to step up, guys who getting paid all that money,ryder a great guy who scores goals and does it for a good price..he as twice as many goal then sammy who makes almost twice as much, and kovalev well he shows up when he fell like it, wish i had a job that i could work hard when i want and make millions, that just me...i sick of all these superstar and people making excuse for then..i just dont understand how puting one of our best goal score on the four line going to make sammy, kovalev, higgins and who ever play better.lol

hey i didn't support the samsonov signing. I'm just saying that once you have signed him, in the salary cap area, you have to do whatever is necessary to make it work.

If it was up to me Sykora would've been a habs back when Anaheim was trying to dump him.

let worried about the player we do have, not the ones we could of, should of would of have because they cant help us win.

Edited by KEEP26

Samsonov-Koivu-Perezhogin

Higgins-Plekanec-Kovalev

Latendresse-Bonk-Ryder

Begin/Streit/Murray-Lapierre-Johnson

Call whichever line you want line 1.

Perezhogin doesn't deserve the 1st line for one freaking second, Johnson doesn't deserve to be put on the fourth line, and fourth line isn't really Johnson's style, he's more fo the player that gets it not that gives hits.... I'd put Higgins instead of Perezhogin, Higgins is the fastest guy on the team and can't get the pucks next to the boards....

Though I agree with placing Sammy and Koivu together, I completely disagree with Ryder. Although it could be better than Sammy & Kovy, I still dont think it would be the best thing to do. Ryder and Kovy are somewhat similar in skills (different styles tho). Both have a wicked shot, and both can be somewhat timid around the net. What I beleive is the problem is that Sammy cant be on a line with others players like that. Somebody has to be going to the net regularily. Samsonov - Koivu - Ryder I beleive would be the same problem, just a different line. Maybe that is the reason why it hasnt been tried?

Not really sure who I would suggest for the 3rd linemate. I agree that Perezhogin doesnt deserve it, and placing Ryder with Bonk would be a defensive disaster. Although it probably would produce offensively, the drop in our PK standings wouldnt be worth it.

Higgins-Plekanec-Kovalev

Samsonov-Koivu-Lapierre

Latendresse-Bonk-Johnson

Begin/Streit/Murray-- Ryder/Perezhogin

Play Begin/Streit/Murray to aggitate and hold leads and play Ryder/Perezhogin on PP and to get leads.

I'd even leave Sammy with Bonk-Johnson, it seemed to be starting to click, but Koivu does seem to have a nack at getting players out of slumps.

I don't think that Ryder can hold a position on the first line, he doesn't belong their, and will never be their if he keeps up with that kind of work. Koivu, no offense isn't the greatest forward, he isn't one of the top forwards and the NHL, he is not a first liner, but people seem to be a bit blind, Kovalev plays more often then Koivu and he is on the second liner... I don't get it, Kovalev is suppose to be a first liner, but plays on a second line, but plays more time then the first liners do... I don't understand.

Not a first liner? Who is then? Koivu is the best player on the team. Plain and simple.

Since everyone is throwing out lines here are what I would like to see

Lats , Koivu , Ryder ( Lats was great and so was Koivu when this line was together before Higgins came back )

Higgins , Plecks , Kovalev ( keep Pleks with Kovy ... Higgins would have to drive the net more to make this line click .. which is why Sammy did not work here .. too many perimiter guys on one line.

Sammy , Bonk , Johnson ( was playing well before sammy was waived ... sammy would need to get his nose dirty ... it's what he needs to do.

Begin , Lapierre , Prezhogin / Striet / Murray. Any Combo ... mostly Begin then rotate the others.

Sammy is a good player but I feel Lats does more and derserves more time than Sammy does