Game Thread | Montreal vs. Ottawa | 02/08/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Kovalev and Latendresse just saved any hope of winning this game, but it won't be easy.

Habs will have to beat Emery twice in 20 minutes, and the way he's been playing tonight...

Still, there is hope.

GHG

good job not capitalising on a 5 on 3 and another penalty at the end boys.

God its liike its a crime scoring a goal for the habs.

Aebischer4life's positive to negative comment ratio:

2:317

Just in case anyone was wondering... :P

Rule 25.6

If the offense for which the penalty shot was earned was such as to incur a double-minor penalty, or where the offending team is assessed an additional minor penalty on the same play in which a penalty shot was awarded, the first minor penalty is not assessed since the penalty shot was awarded to restore the lost scoring opportunity. The second minor penalty would be asessed and served regardless of whether the penalty shot results in a goal. This will be announced as a double minor penalty for the appropriate foul and the player will serve two (2) minutes.

Edited by RobRock

It sure does seem like pulling teeth for the Habs to score. they have generated some chances at least.

I am not sure what is wrong with Koivu, but he looks small and weak out there lately. He used to look much stronger.

Rule 25.6

If the offense for which the penalty shot was earned was such as to incur a double-minor penalty, or where the offedning team is assessed an additional minor penalty on the same play in which a penalty shot was awarded, the first minor penalty is not assessed since the penalty shot was awarded to restore the lost scoring opportunity. The second minor penalty would be asessed and served regardless of whether the penalty shot results in a goal. This will be announced as a double minor penalty for the appropriate foul and the player will serve two (2) minutes.

Nice.

Rule 25.6

If the offense for which the penalty shot was earned was such as to incur a double-minor penalty, or where the offending team is assessed an additional minor penalty on the same play in which a penalty shot was awarded, the first minor penalty is not assessed since the penalty shot was awarded to restore the lost scoring opportunity. The second minor penalty would be asessed and served regardless of whether the penalty shot results in a goal. This will be announced as a double minor penalty for the appropriate foul and the player will serve two (2) minutes.

Thanks RobRock

Man, I can barely watch this team anymore....it makes my blood boil to see them miss so many chances.....What the hell happened to Koivu? And how can Kovalev look like the best player in the NHL and not get the results?....he's dangling all over the ice!!

Any team with a backbone would use that penalty shot goal to propel to a great 3rd. We are still in it, in a very important road game. If we don't win the 3rd period, I would have to say this team is just a lost cause without major change....Something has to be mustered up from within the leadership/coaching of the team at times like these.

Here's to a dominant 3rd

It sure does seem like pulling teeth for the Habs to score. they have generated some chances at least.

I am not sure what is wrong with Koivu, but he looks small and weak out there lately. He used to look much stronger.

Agreed. Has anyone ever seen Koivu look this bad? He is two steps slower than everyone else, and his puck-handling is terrible. I think he's got to be nursing some secret injury (eye, perhaps?) because I can't believe he is this washed up.

Agreed. Has anyone ever seen Koivu look this bad? He is two steps slower than everyone else, and his puck-handling is terrible. I think he's got to be nursing some secret injury (eye, perhaps?) because I can't believe he is this washed up.

On the upside, his cross-checking abilities seem to be improved!

Pedneault said there is a rumour that Laraque has been traded to Pittsburgh.

Laraque has a no trade clause...

I'm pretty sure he'd waive it to go to Pittsburgh.

That phrase hasn't been used in a long time.

And Perezhogin gets ANOTHER hooking penalty.