jl.roberts

Canadiens @ Ducks

logo-nhl-canadiens.gifvs. logo-nhl-ducks.gif

Time : 10:30 ET

Date : Mar. 8/04

Place : Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim

TV : RDS

Radio : Team 990 Post Game, CJAD 800, CKAC

The Habs have won eight of their last ten, something we should all be proud of. The Ducks, for all their troubles this season, have been playing .500 hockey in their last ten, not too shabby, either. Anaheim has a talented roster, but by the time the game is over, deadline day will have begun and a few of their veteran players could be on the move. If J-S Giguere plays like a possessed netminder in hopes of keeping his local team off of the score sheet, Saku Koivu, Mike Ribeiro and Co. could be in trouble.

g_sykora_i.jpg

Montreal - Anaheim Matchup and Montreal - Anaheim Preview

Jose Theodore should get the call in net for the Habs, despite Mathieu Garon's brilliance on Saturday. Will Alexei Kovalev make his much anticipated return?

kovalev_84761.jpg

Saturday's Lineup

#94 Perreault - #11 Koivu - #20 Zednik

#26 Dagenais - #71 Ribeiro - #73 Ryder

#22 Begin - #34 Dowd - #17 Ward

#15 Langdon - #90 Juneau - #24 Dackell

#79 Markov - #52 Rivet

#51 Bouillon - #43 Brisebois

#8 Komisarek - #5 Quintal

The Habs are a team on a roll. However, they are tired and looked off their mark on Saturday. A properly executed Flying V could have the Habs reeling and playing the role of the cake eater. If the Ducks frontman, Gordon Bombay, is up to the challenge, his team could prevail.

mighty_Ducks1.gif

[Edited on 2004/3/7 by jl.roberts]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We should be able to handle these guys easily. That is if we actually play a decent game. So far on this road trip, we have not played well at all. One loss and two wins thanks to incredible individual efforts by a couple of Habs. If we play like we have been, we deserve to loose. Then again we deserved to loose all three games. Maybe things are just rolling our way :/)

I want the win though. We can catch some teams. We could finish fifth. :hlogo:

Just found this in Fisher's Mar 8 column:

"They say a goaltender is half of a hockey club," said Alexei Kovalev, whose shoulder injury will keep him out of tonight's game. "Now you know why."

http://www.canada.com/montreal/sports/stor...84-E994FBA1DA33

Maybe he'll play in Mtl next game, hope he gets some time to jell with the team before the playoffs because it sounded like he wasn't fitting in during the one period he played.

When Montreal played L.A last game, Kovalev stated that it was very minor injury, and he should appear in the habs first home game since the road trip on thursday. So not this game, but the next we should see him.

Yeah looks like Kovalev is back on Thursday, thats not bad, he only missed 2 games... plus he'll be back in time for the big Saturday game... Kovalev vs Leetch, Habs vs Leafs.

Originally posted by Spider-Man NL

Could  just image the look on the faces of the Leaf fans if the Canadiens could catch them in the standings,LOL  it would be priceless.

haha, that would be great!

anyway i hope the habs win tonight... i think they will if they play their game and their not too tired...

my prediction: 4-1 habs

goals by koivu, zednik, ryder and markov

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

Anybody --

Where is this site's "goal by goal" area I have heard about?

Its on the main page during each game. Tonight our goal by goal writers are not available (at least until a bit later... middle of the game) ...

Its a cool feature, unqiue of its kind too! (at least of what I know of)

Goal-by-Goal's up. Sorry guys, I was at work until the end of the 1st period, but nobody was here to cover me. I apologize for the tardiness.

It'll be updated properly for the rest of the game, though.

Yeah, but I feel bad. I remember what it was like having to watch the scoreboards or listen over the net...or not having any of those at all.