Habs vs. Ducks - Mar. 8/04

jl.roberts

Habs picking up their play ever since the Koivu goal...

2nd has gone well. We had a PP , which we pretty much wasted (2nd unit had more chances then first), then as Vish came out of the box he had a partial break, but failed to do anything... then a few seconds later Dowd and Begin came down the ice on a 2 on 1, Dowd fed to Begin , but Steve missed on the open net... a good shift none the less.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Josh,

No need to apologize, I wasn't complaining I simply didn't know what "goal by goal" was so I asked.

Anyway, I know how challenging it is to write sports on the fly, and you do a pretty good job from what I've seen so far.

Thanks from someone who can't watch on TV!

2-1 Habs... Zednik scores on a breakaway off a nice feed from Koivu, Zed goes 5-hole...

Zednik is burning up! 2 points tonight already, and looks like he wants to defend his "offensive player of the week" title.

What about that pass from Koivu? Tape to tape, barely legal pass. Doesn't get much sweeter than that, folks. Makes the trap look stupid.

Originally posted by Natural Mystic

my prediction: 4-1 habs

goals by koivu, zednik, ryder and markov

haha yes! so far so good!:clap:

Wow! I'm impressed, so far you're not only on track with the score, and the goalscorers, but you have also predicted the scorers in order!!!

Someone wanna explain to me why Langdon got a double-minor for finishing a check?

BTW - If anyone could give me a list of the lines for tonight, including the defenceman, please email to me (sarentov@hotmail.com) or use the buttons at the bottom of my post to reach my Yahoo, ICQ, or MSN messenger.

[Edited on 2004/3/9 by Toren]

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

Wow! I'm impressed, so far you're not only on track with the score, and the goalscorers, but you have also predicted the scorers in order!!!

haha yeah, its crazy... just imagine if its all right! lol

im too tired to stay up and listen to the game on the net.. so im going to bed while listening to the game...

g'night all

:ghg:

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

4 min

Is Dowd used much on the pk?

He's an excellent PKer and has really picked up the loss from Bulis, Sundstrom, and Souray being out. Think of him as another Begin, but a bit smarter of a player and a little less of a "crash-and-bang" guy. He still hits frequently, though.

End of 2, Habs up 2-1... great late penalty killing by habs...

Toren , here are the lines...

Perreault - Koivu - Zednik

Dagenais - Ribeiro - Ryder

Begin - Dowd - Ward

Langdon - Juneau - Dackell

Bouillon - Brisebois

Markov - Quintal

Rivet - Komisarek

Theodore

Garon

Yea Dowd has been pretty impressive the 3 games he's been with the habs. He's a smart hockey player and good defensively. He's got some offensive skills too. He set up both Begin and Ward for good scoring chance but Begin shot the puck wide would've had an empty net goal although there was a defensemen right on him. And Ward fanned on the pass i don't think he was expecting it. The play by Dowd to begin though was sweet he had giguere completely fooled on it.

Koivu hits the 50 point mark, Zednik now has 45, six points off of a career high for the Z Man. Ryder and Ribeiro have been off, but it's not big deal -- they'll bounce back. Great kill on the 4:00 PK, although Langdon didn't really merit the 4:00. Ward and Begin could've finished off brilliant passes from Dowd, but blew both chances. Heading into the third, let's hope we can make it 8 of 9.

Go :hlogo: Go

Originally posted by jl.roberts

Koivu hits the 50 point mark, Zednik now has 45, six points off of a career high for the Z Man. Ryder and Ribeiro have been off, but it's not big deal -- they'll bounce back. Great kill on the 4:00 PK, although Langdon didn't really merit the 4:00. Ward and Begin could've finished off brilliant passes from Dowd, but blew both chances. Heading into the third, let's hope we can make it 8 of 9.

Go :hlogo: Go

Yeah its no big deal that they've been off only because we have 2 strong offensive lines. As long as one of them is going, we're fine... Great luxary, I remember all the years when we only had 1 offensive line, and when they were in a slump the habs just didnt score.

Man, if that line didn't score, they'd be in my goal-by-goal doghouse for the second straight game.

I was reading at nhl.com and they said that Dowd was calling the habs "The New York Yankees of the NHL." Can anyone explain this one to me please?? Thanx, I am sorta lost!! And Ryder scores!!! Wow, the habs are doing just fine right now!!!:clap:

Originally posted by sabumnimhabs

I was reading at nhl.com and they said that Dowd was calling the habs "The New York Yankees of the NHL." Can anyone explain this one to me please?? Thanx, I am sorta lost!! And Ryder scores!!! Wow, the habs are doing just fine right now!!!:clap:

Yankees and Habs are #1-2 in North American pro sports championships, thats what he meant.