Game Thread | Panthers vs. Habs | 02/13/07

Spider-Man NL

panthers_logo.jpgvrssign.gifcanadiens_logo.jpg

2006-07 Regular Season Record:

florida50.gif21-25-11 : 53 Points (14th in the Eastern Conference)

montreal50.gif29-22-6 : 64 Points (7th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

Florida

0628.gif# 20 Ed Belfour (14-12-6), 2.79 GAA, .898 Save%

Montreal

2311.gif# 39 Cristobal Huet (19-13-3), 2.75 GAA, .919 Save%

Panthers Roster
Link

Canadiens Roster
Link

LW.jpgHabs_spin.gifrw.jpg

Kovalev - Koivu - Higgins
Samsonov - Plekanec - Latendresse
Johnson - Bonk - Ryder
Begin - Lapierre - Streit

d.jpg

Komisarek - Markov
Souray - Niinimaa
Dandeneault - Bouillon

G.jpg
Cristobal Huet

Meetings This Year:

Oct. 16th, 2006:montreal50.gif1 florida50.gif5

Nov. 28th, 2006:florida50.gif0 montreal50.gif1 (SO)

Dec. 29th, 2006:montreal50.gif1 florida50.gif3

HabsGoalFlabilde.jpg

KoivuFla.jpg

This game can be seen 7:30pm eastern on:
l_RDS.gif& fsfl.gif

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 7:30 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 7:30 pm on CKAC 730 AM

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GO :hlogo: GO! GO :hlogo: GO! GO :hlogo: GO! GO :hlogo: GO!

THERE... I SAID IT FIRST THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!

EL KABONG STRIKES HARD!

GO :hlogo: GO!

Edited by shortcat1

Is this the point in the season that we say this is a must win game? Are they all must win games now?

What happens if they lose? A complete team nose dive? What happens if they win? What happens if they play well and lose? Does Gainey sense a turnaround and reel in the trading queries?

THe team is on the threshold of the most critical time in the season....wonder how they are going to repsond?

Well one goal against the Panthers each time this season that is not a good sign, but all the Home teams have won each game.

I wonder who will start.

Anyone think Bertuzzi wil be back by then ??

Nope

This team needs to change a few core players. We need a top line center who is a 90 point player. We need a few wingers that can score reliably.

We got lucky with Ryder for a couple years (he was a nice surprise), but he is not a rookie anymore and his performance expectations are pretty much set. He is a 20 to 30 goal guy at best, with little added value.

Higgins, Pleks, ,Perez, and Lats have room to grow, but I don't think any of them are blue chip prospects. Higgins looks to be a solid player, but I suspect he is really a second line winger in the long term.

Lats might turn into a decent power forward, but he could also turn into an average guy.

Think about Pitts.. they have Crosby, Malkin, and Staal. Stall is like an also ran on that team, yet, he is would be the best rookie Montreal has had in a decade!

This team has to do one of three things:

1. Get so bad they stack up the top picks for a few years.

2. Get really lucky on a mid-round pick turning out to be a superstar.

3. Make a huge trade (similar to stealing Thorton out of Boston) that gives them a real top player to build around.

Once this team has legit potential, then they have a hope of signing the top Free Agents out there. Its hard to sign the big boys unless you either over pay, or can give them a legit shot at a cup.

I am not holding my breath on any of this. Right now, this team is average with the potential to have hot streaks. I hope they have not peaked. :(

Yea, when your 2 best forwards in January are 1 Pleks, a good player but not a top gun, and second best forward is a defenseman from switzerland, you got problems.

I would have no problem with Perez, kosty, Higgins and Lats being top 6 wingers to see what they can do. Unfortunately if they don't have a top center we'll never know. Plus i don't see anyone taking Kovalev or Samsonov off the habs hands.

The next 2 weeks will determine this season.

We have winnable games in:

Florida

Columbus

Washington

We have toss up games in:

Carolina

Toronto

Islanders

Rangers

We have tough games in:

New Jersey

Nashville

We come out of that stretch anything less than 5-4 and we are in deep trouble.

That would only require us to beat the dregs and split the toss up games.

Edited by Wamsley01

The Kovalev Koivu line was minus 5, it didn't help. I do agree about Perez. i have no idea why he isn't playing.

Perezhogin was benched for his lack of effort and stupid costly penalities during the last few games. You don't give your 100% effort, you're benched. Even if your name is Kovalev. That's one thing i like from Carbo. Seems to have no favoritism. Even Saku was demoted to 3rd line few times.

With all the forwards healthy, there's no room for players who don't want to show up or give their 100%.

Perezhogin was benched for his lack of effort and stupid costly penalities during the last few games. You don't give your 100% effort, you're benched. Even if your name is Kovalev. That's one thing i like from Carbo. Seems to have no favoritism. Even Saku was demoted to 3rd line few times.

With all the forwards healthy, there's no room for players who don't want to show up or give their 100%.

If what your saying is true Kovalev should have been benched about 90 times! Carbo picks and chooses who he benches and his reasons don't make sense. He plays huge favorites and you need to watch a few games....perez doesn't give 100%!!?? Yeah who's your dealer?