Game Thread | Panthers vs. Habs | 02/13/07

Spider-Man NL

It's 16:30 and no sign of a call back for Kots.

Keep sleeping Bob.

this really ticks me off, the habs are making it a habit of discouraging their prospects. The team stinks right now, can't buy a goal 5 on 5, and they got a guy tearing it up in the minors but won't give him a chance.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be at this game tonight! :D Second game straight I get to see after missing not going live in over 3 years!

Section 436, nosebleeds, but still very much worth it.

:ghg:

sickkk have fun!! MAKE LOTS OF NOISE!

this really ticks me off, the habs are making it a habit of discouraging their prospects. The team stinks right now, can't buy a goal 5 on 5, and they got a guy tearing it up in the minors but won't give him a chance.

I completely agree...We aren't playing a team where we need Downey or Murray out there! We need speed and skill and Kostitsyn is tearing it up in the AHL as you said and we aren't giving him a chance!?! (so far that is..)

Edited by habsfan88

Kovy and Johnson are out added to Rivet

so we've got 20 left any chance of calling a player up?

Higgins-Koivu-(Ryder)

Sammy-Plek-(Streit)

Begin-Bonk-(Murray)

(Latender)-Lapierre-(Downey)

the 6 dmen that are left.. meaning niinima plays tonite

( parenthesis ) are for possible positions...Im not sure Murray is allowed to play... shouldnt we call up Kosty?

You forgot Perezhogin. The team is carrying the maximum roster. They cannot call anyone else up unless the either demote Murray or Lapierre or put one of of Johnson or Kovalev on the injured reserve. Starting tomorrow Rivet is off the IR and the Habs will have to get below the allowable 23 players. Calling someone up extra today is impossible. They will already have 1 healthy scratch.

If Rivet wasn't placed on the IR last week the Habs would have already had to demote someone...since Begin returned.

Kovalev was suppose to be a game time decision but matters got a little worse. The fact that Kosty hasn't been called up is they don't have to. Between the time Kovalev's injury was apparent, it was probably too late to call up.

I suspect he'll get the call if Kovalev is only out for more than one game. Why get Kosty here and back to Hamilton for 1 game?

I predict after we make a trade that he's called up anyway.

Here we go!

Time to see what these players have. If there is ever a rock bottom to a season, last week must have been it. If there is ever a great chance to pull yourself out of a hole in a season, tonight has to be it.

An in your face meeting. Two reflection period. A great period of time to finally let go of the losing atmosphere.

THe Panthers aren't the worst team in the league but they are certainly not the worst team to face trying to break a slump.

A win tonight is a must. Koivu, Higgins, Souray, Huet, Plekanek, Begin and Markov must come up a big. As they go everyone else will follow.

I think that the team plays bad when Koivu doesn't play well,he is the captain and he isn't doing a lot lately...

Anyways!

Good luck habs!

As much as I would like to see Kosty play, I don't think it'll happen...

Watch for Koivu... unless he has been playing hurt or injured, he will come out of the gate on a mission tonight.

He is not the most offensive star in the league for sure, but he has heart and character and pride in his responsibility to the great tradition of the habs.

After this slump and subsequent dressing room talk Koivu will hold everybody on the team accountable for their play, he will do this the only way any great leader knows how... by example.

Good luck to all the boys tonight (secretly hoping that Jokinen isnt on the plane when the panthers leave mtl!)

go :hlogo: go!

Already taken care of... due to 911 security concerns he is no longer able to bing osteoperosis medication across the border.

:lol:

The second shot di not go in!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Higgins-Koivu-Samsonov

Latendresse-Plekanec-Ryer

Begin-Bonk-Perezhogin

Murray-Lapierre-Downey