The Official Saku Koivu Thread

Bushfire

the point is our youth are not top line prospects. We can't just build around them. We need to either trade or UFA a few top players.

The Pens have top players in their youth. They just pick up role players to go with them.

for this team to turn it around, they need to make some fairly big trades or signings. Some of our youth will probably have to go as part of those trades.

Frankly, I am still disappointed that we didn't grab luongo.

How much a difference would Luongo make? Huet has a 0.918 save % and Luongo has something like 0.921... BIG DIFFERENCE?

Our problem is not goaltending... its our stinky defense and horrible offence.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the point is our youth are not top line prospects. We can't just build around them. We need to either trade or UFA a few top players.

The Pens have top players in their youth. They just pick up role players to go with them.

for this team to turn it around, they need to make some fairly big trades or signings. Some of our youth will probably have to go as part of those trades.

Frankly, I am still disappointed that we didn't grab luongo.

Now there I totally agree about Luongo- Sheesh Bertuzzi for luongo when I heard that I almost screamed where are you Bob Gainey???

I have already posted in other threads we should give up on Souray and markov for top draft picks. I don't agree about the young players on this team though. Higgins has shown a lot in 2 years. Latendresse is having a decent start. Plekanec is starting to show his mettle. Even Perez Im not ready to give up on.Komisarek has been pretty steady all year. They won't show the flash of Crosby or Malkin but I think some of them may improve drastically in the next few years. The thing with youth, they have an upside. The veterans are only going downhill.

Edited by Strummerman