Finally an Opportunity

alexstream

This may be what puts the nail in the coffin.

I have to agree here,.......the title of this thread is way off....definitly to personnel.

And who can they honestly call up? Kostitsyn flew home to be with his girlfriend who is having a baby...and Grab's is hurt.

Milroy?

Make's this good news thread even more absurd.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When they go good we have lots of the naysayers on the band wagon when things do not go good we should trade everyone fire the coach and hang the gm. Cmon this is bad news and anybody who thinks it is good is crazy.

The only way I can interpret this as good news is to draw a parallel with Ottawa's team this year. The situations aren't identical, but for a while, Ottawa was playing brutally, and underachieving in a big way. Throw in some key injuries, and all of a sudden it seems like bad has gotten worse.

Funny thing, Ottawa starts winning... and as their injured players come back, they fit in seemlessly, and become even more of a threat.

Unfortunately, I must point out that Emery began standing on his head at that point as well. But other than that, Montreal *might* be in the same boat, and produce similar results.

This is what I'm hoping, anyway.

One other point: Bob has never let an injury prevent him from dealing someone. Also, this might be what pushes him to pull the trigger on a deal.

As always, GO HABS GO!

yes that's good, that's what I was thinking.

-----------------

you know what other injury could be helpful?

one to Sheldon Souray... EVERYONE relies on him to score... we lost all spontaneity, all creativity.

Huet, Kovalev, Souray gone, that'd be the shitnitz... We rely far too much on these guys ... and now that we are losing and that we lost our confidence, we rely on them even more...

With the 3 gone, the guys will "serrer les coudes" (play tighter)

^What he said^

Power play doesn't look good without Kovy!!! The Habs are going to have lots of trouble scoring in the next three weeks.

Without Kovalev against Florida, all they could do on a 2 min 5 v 3 was pass between souray and markov until one took a shot.

Kovalev is amazing on the pp cuz the other team gives him room so he gives his teamates time to setup (when they actually more around the zone more than a lump of coal). Also he has amazing moves and will be able to deke out his first check, effectively making it a 4 v 3 around the net.

On the other hand it might be good because it could be something that could force a real change in the team's mode. They will all have to wake up and realize a major part of their offence is gone, and change their own play for the better to compensate.

Edited by Dirty Harry

It's too bad Kovalev didn't stop for 2 weeks before his injury got worst.

This player is not that much on the decline he played hurt all season.

Before it was the knee and after the elbow.

His main weapon is his trigger shot, he couln't use it so he should have stop or the coaches should have forced him way before this.

What i finally say it is still coaches fault to play a weaken player that does only weaken your team.

All coaches rookie mistake again.

Johnson might be ready to go on Saturday, so we'd have enough forwards. I don't think Montreal has the cap room at the moment bring up another player. (If they do have the room, they may want to save as much as possible.)

Also, the AHL team is doing pretty well right now and they probably don't want to mess with that if they don't have to.

We might not have any room on the active roster either. Kovalev will probably be placed on IR, but Rivet will likely come off of it soon. The Habs would only be able to call up another player if and when Huet goes on IR.

Actually, if anything, Montreal might have to send someone down, not call one up.

I seriously Perezhogin gets a legitmate shot ( 3+ games) playing top line minutes in an offensive role.

I'm sorry, but I don't see it. He was good with Bonk and Johnson, but I have to be honest. He seems to be alergic to the boards. He doesn't have the heart you guys say he does. 2 years is up. That's enough pissing around.