Points for Losing

JLP

Without the points they "earned" while losing in overtime, the Bruins would be behind the Habs.

How do people feel about the overtime loss point? (Personally I guess I like it when it works for us)

What about 4 on 4 sudden death, or else a shootout after 10 mins of 4 on 4?

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

Without the points they "earned" while losing in overtime, the Bruins would be behind the Habs.

How do people feel about the overtime loss point? (Personally I guess I like it when it works for us)

What about 4 on 4 sudden death, or else a shootout after 10 mins of 4 on 4?

I dont think its fair to say that we'd be ahead of the Bruins without the added point, because you have to remember that teams change their styles of play <u>because</u> they know they have 1 point in the bank. If they did not know they had the 1 point the Bruins would probably play a more defensive styled game ....

As for my opinion. I hate it! All games should be decided! Wins and losses. I'm in favour of the shootout, but only for the regular season... Not the playoffs, in the playoffs games should be played until a winner is decided.

As for my opinion. I hate it! All games should be decided! Wins and losses. I'm in favour of the shootout, but only for the regular season... Not the playoffs, in the playoffs games should be played until a winner is decided.  

I used to be anti-shootout, but now i have changed my opinion. Shootouts would increase fan interest everywhere, and would make the standings less complicated! I say they give them 10 minutes to decide it with a goal, and then go to shootout as JeanLucPilon suggested.

I completely agree though, OT in the playoffs have to stick. Nothing else in Sports really compares to it if you ask me.

If they bring in the shoot out will the goals scored count on players stats? How many 50 goal scorers then? What the heck do people want, Basketball?

I AM CANADIAN, LEAVE MY GAME AND BEER ALONE YOU DANG YANKEES !!!

5440 OR FIGHT

:can::mad::can:

Originally posted by simonus

54'40 or fight was a yankee chant

Actually, no, it was a campaign slogan for Polk in 1844 running for US presidency. It referred to expanding the boarder above Oregon to lat 54 40 min cutting Canada off of the Pacific coast.

It never came to pass as the Yanks were still wiping thier wounds from the butt kicking of 1812 when a bunch of drunk canucks sacked washington and burnt down the white house, got bored and went home.

Now it has become a number to remind us Canadians that the Yanks ain't now and never were our friends, just bullies to the south that brew weak beer, have on going civil wars in all their inner cities, and basically just aren't nice, intelligent people.

true fankpuck. I was born in Canada, but I have been living in the U.S. for about 11 years. I have met many Americans who fall in line with that general stereotype but I have met many who are very intellectual, worldly, and cool. Right now the American reputation is tainted by those who lead us and a disturbingly large minority who have duped a frightened majority. Historically, however, the US has acted as a bully to Canada, but we also benefit in many ways by being so close and thusly strategically relevant to the United States.

Don't forget (unfortunately) that there are a lot of dumb Canadians. In general I have found that Canadians can be more ignorant as to their history than Americans are of theirs. Of course that stereotype is equally invalid in many cases.

Anyways, I fear that I have contributed to getting this thread horribly off-topic and rather irrelevant to this board. I don't really see what this all has to do with the march to the Cup.

[Edited on 3/10/2004 by simonus]

Yeah but remember, I am quitting smoking and have to take it out on someone, and who's more fun than the americans?

I also spent lots of time in the states working and found quite a few decent americans, one on one, it is when they get together that they tend to show the my country right or wrong mentallity.

If you know your history you will be able to relate alot of what is going on in the usa to the great empires of rome, germany and britain the belief that they have the moral obligation to police the world.

Anyhow, all empires fall in a short time period and as you said this a hockey form so I will go rant about politics elsewhere.

Sorry to all offended habs fans, if you are American and love the Habs you can't be all bad lol

:can:

I never really have understood why so many Americans dislike Canadians and vice versa. I agree that the US is like an empire and that in due time another nation will surpass us in power. When that will happen, who knows. But as we have already stated, we digress.

Go Habs!