The Superstitious thread

Quebecois

Now i need you guys to all think very clearly. Was there something that superstitiously might have triggered this terrible slide?

I for one can think of one faux pas in my own life that may have led to this and i apologize sincerely. The first step to overcoming it is recognizing your wrongs thought right...

Here it is:

The Montreal Canadiens air freshner in my parents car was brought down from its regular perch on the rear-view mirror. The date of this occurence was by estimation on December 27th. Two nights later i attended the Habs-Panthers game in Miami, a 3-1 loss. The next night i went to Tampa, another 3-1 loss. We all know how well we have done since then.

The good news is I am going back home tomorrow for reading week. I will buy a Habs air freshner and place it back where it belongs in time for the Blue Jackets game tomorrow night.

Anyone else have anything they can do to superstitiously reverse this horrid slump?

Now i need you guys to all think very clearly. Was there something that superstitiously might have triggered this terrible slide?

I for one can think of one faux pas in my own life that may have led to this and i apologize sincerely. The first step to overcoming it is recognizing your wrongs thought right...

Here it is:

The Montreal Canadiens air freshner in my parents car was brought down from its regular perch on the rear-view mirror. The date of this occurence was by estimation on December 27th. Two nights later i attended the Habs-Panthers game in Miami, a 3-1 loss. The next night i went to Tampa, another 3-1 loss. We all know how well we have done since then.

The good news is I am going back home tomorrow for reading week. I will buy a Habs air freshner and place it back where it belongs in time for the Blue Jackets game tomorrow night.

Anyone else have anything they can do to superstitiously reverse this horrid slump?

I remember way back in the 70's whenever Id miss a game on tv the habs would lose. I remember one year I only missed 8 games..

I made 2 bets in December with Leaf fans that they would finish behind the Habs.

AS normal the dumb Leaf fans took the bets 10 points down....and ever since then. FREEFALL.

I am going to the game on tuesday and I haven't seen a loss this year and I have been to ten games.

well I guess it's all my fault now, is it ??!!

I've seen around 10 games and only two wins. tampa and calgary.

I'm sorry :(

I've tried to change everything already. The only thing is my Jersey hanging in the window since the big Boston series where we came back from 3 to 1. It's coming down today and all my coffee mugs are inside.

If anything at all my wife is going to be really happy. Well untill I hang the jersey on my fridge. Hmmmm where should I put it?

I've tried to change everything already. The only thing is my Jersey hanging in the window since the big Boston series where we came back from 3 to 1. It's coming down today and all my coffee mugs are inside.

If anything at all my wife is going to be really happy. Well untill I hang the jersey on my fridge. Hmmmm where should I put it?

The ceiling over your bed. B)

Excellent thread!!

Helps combat the negativity and gave me a real good chuckle.

For my part I am not going to wear my habs hat again until they win, and I will wear my habs sweatshirt for this evenings game.

Go Habs Go!

Just got home and the air freshner has been replaced, we're good to go.

Very niiiice :D

-->I dunno but whenever I don't get a chance to put in my GO HABS GO post in the regular gamethread by Spidey the Habs would always win, so im gonna pass on putting in a post heheh :lol: Don't worryy the Habs are goin to win tonightt!

Edited by blaze53

my superstition is that i don't have one (so far as i know...)

GO :hlogo: GO!

I moved at the begining of this month and found a Canadiens hat that Maurice Richard signed for me in '93.

I thought it was stolen a few years ago from my house during a party.

I'm taking this as a sign from the hockey gods, or possibly from the Forum ghosts.

The Forum ghosts are too busy watching movies on the big screen and shopping to care about hockey at the Bell Centre.

They must not care about the habs anymore if they are hanging out in my basement making sure I find my signed hat. :(