Game Thread | Montreal vs. Blue Jackets | 02/18/07

Spider-Man NL

montreal200.gifvrssign.gifcolumbus200.gif

2006-07 Regular Season Record:

montreal50.gif29-25-6 : 64 Points (10th in the Eastern Conference)

columbus50.gif23-30-5 : 51 Points (14th in the Western Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

Montreal

Halak3.jpg# 41 Jaroslav Halak (0-0-0), 0.00 GAA, .000 Save%

Columbus

2572.gif# 31 Pascal Leclaire (6-14-2), 2.96 GAA, .897 Save%

Canadiens Roster
Link

Blue Jackets Roster
Link

LW.jpgHabs_spin.gifrw.jpg

Samsonov - Koivu - Higgins
Latendresse - Plekanec - Ryder
Begin - Bonk - Johnson
Perezhogin - Lapierre - Milroy

d.jpg

Komisarek - Markov
Souray - Streit
Dandeneault - Bouillon

G.jpg
Jaroslav Halak

BeginPunch.jpg

CarboBench2.jpg

This game can be seen 6:00pm eastern on:
l_RDS.gif& FSN_Ohio.jpg

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 6:00 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 6:00 pm on CKAC 730 AM

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/hockey...249&k=85589

Halak will get his chance to turn around Habs

By PAT HICKEY

Rookie goaltender Jaroslav Halak will get the chance to turns things around tonight as the Canadiens take a six-game losing streak into Columbus (6 p.m., RDS, CJAD Radio-800).

Halak said he didn't know whether he would get a chance to play tonight, but the Canadiens seem to have run out of options after a 5-3 loss to Carolina last night.

Coach Guy Carbonneau said he would use Halak tonight and when asked whether he was calling on Halak because he was looking for a spark or because he was unhappy with David Aebischer, Carbonneau said: "I can be honest and I say I wasn't happy with the fourth (goal) and I'm sure (Aebischer) wasn't, either. But I said we were going to use (Halak) and with two games in two nights, it's a good opportunity to see what he can do."

Halak was called up from Hamilton of the American Hockey League after No. 1 goaltender Cristobal Huet injured his left hamstring. The Canadiens announced he will undergo surgery today and probably won't return this season.

A victory last night would have moved the Canadiens back into a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, but, instead, Montreal fell three points behind seventh-place Carolina and two points behind Toronto.

Special teams - the staple of the Canadiens' success earlier this season - let them down last night. The power play, which ranks second in the NHL, went 0-for-3, and on a night when the Canadiens generally avoided the penalty box, they allowed Carolina two power plays and the Hurricanes scored on both of them.

The backbreaker came late in the second period after Mike Johnson was called for goaltender interference at 19:26. Rod Brind'Amour scored his second goal of the game to give Carolina a 3-2 lead at 19:50.

"I was trying to make something happen," Johnson said. "He (Carolina goalie Cam Ward) was five or six feet out of the crease and I was going for the puck. I made contact with him and it was a judgment call that could have gone either way.

"Earlier in the season, we were killing off those penalties, but now it seems we make one mistake and the puck is in the net."

While the Canadiens have lost six consecutive games for the first time since November 2000, and lost ground in the playoff race, Carbonneau said he was satisfied with his team's effort.

"Over the past week, we've played as a team," he said.

The Canadiens outshot the Hurricanes 45-32, and the 45 shots was a season high.

But captain Saku Koivu echoed a familiar refrain when he bemoaned the lack of a 60-minute effort.

"We played half a game, 40 minutes," he said. "It seems that's what has been happening lately. We play well, and then we lose it at the end."

The game marked the NHL debut of Duncan Milroy, leading scorer for the Hamilton Bulldogs. He played 14:19 and had three shots on goal.

phickey@thegazette.canwest.com

© The Gazette (Montreal) 2007

Halak.jpg

I'd be very surprised if Halak doesn't rock it tonight. Everyone who has been watching the Bulldogs since he came up knows that this guy has the skillz to pay da bills. He has played for just over half a season and he already owns the bulldogs shutout record ... and the D infront of him hasn't been that spectacular.

Go HABS go!

Look for me on TV!

GO HABS GO!

P.S. Oh man, that's the only Jackets' log you have? That was never even their primary logo, and they haven't used it since 2004.

is this your real photo ??

here's my prediction

halak will win the game, lets say 4-2. gilbert brulé will score both goals and tomorrow some will start a why-have-we-picked-price-instead-of-brulé thread.

I'd like to see our 4th line score, they played a good game yesterday !!

Edited by marky_and_komi

It was listed in the HW image database under Halak. The "HA" along the bottom of the mask would also indicate that it says "HALAK."

The bottom of Danis' mask says "HABS."

Halak has a red mask...

Edited by Talon