Game Thread | Capitals vs. Montreal | 02/20/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

milroy looked good out there. He could be a keeper.

hey where was ovechkin tonite sure did not hear much about him. did not want to sday it sooner. superstitious.

good game and good nite

1. smile.gif 2 pts! 'nuff said!

2. smile.gif Good for Murray getting the EN goal, he worked hard tonight

3. smile.gif First NHL point for Milroy

5. :huh: Halak let in 3, even though two were hard to stop given the circumstances, imho.

4. :) 1st line is on fire! Whoa.

5. :o Higgins injured? Uh oh.

6. :D Toronto loses, Habs move up to 7th

7. B) Bonk wearing an 'A' tonight. Neat, good for him.

8. :) Ovechkin was contained by Komisarek, Markov and co.

9. :) Special times excellent tonight, reminiscent of earlier in the season.

10. :) Habs score 16 short-handed goals this season.. nice!

TOTAL SCORE: smile.gif

Edited by Cataclaw

I really like Milroys game thus far, very solid defensively, goes hard to the net and isn't afraid to stand in front and muck it up.

Halak has been very solid. I say keep him rolling thursday against the Preds.

that will be a big test to see if this team is back where they should be.

Hope Higgins is ok and it is not serious. That would be devastating with the amount of injuries this team is getting now. So let's all cross our fingers

I'm happy Milroy got his first point, he deserved it, and Murray deserved it too, no offense but I was kind of surprised of Murray these year I was expecting better, hope that empty netter starts him up on something, maybe like go to the dentist...

Big 2 points for the Habs tonite. Hope we can get on a roll. Nice to see only 18 shots against. Did not see what happened to Higgins, but hopefully he is not hurt too bad. As much as i haven't been a big fan of Murray, it was nice for him to pot the empty netter.

good game on every aspects:

perezhogin showed grit,

the 4th line did exactly what a 4th line should do.

miltoy got his first point.

the 1st line dominated

special units played awesome, once again

I just hope that higgins injury isn't too serious.

Just some random thoughts on tonight's game....

.....Komi & Markov were awesome in controlling the 'Caps big shooters w/o taking penalties

.....first line looks hungrier (especially Easy)

.....Milroy goes to the net real well, and appears to be a smart defensive player as well

.....Johnson drew both penalties that led to the 2 Habs 4-on-3 goals

.....Semin has some serious offensive skills

.....Halak is coming very close to playing the puck outside the trapezoid, but I love his overall aggressiveness

.....For once, McCreary called a decent game

Two in a row now....we need to win at least 2 out of the next 3 (preferably the Isles and the Leafs)

milroy looked good out there. He could be a keeper.

hey where was ovechkin tonite sure did not hear much about him. did not want to sday it sooner. superstitious.

good game and good nite

Milroy won the MVP for the Kootenay Ice with Jarret Stoll as his linemate in the Memorial cup. I'm so happy to see Milroy emerge. :clap:

Ovechkin was shown the door :P

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Just some random thoughts on tonight's game....

.....Komi & Markov were awesome in controlling the 'Caps big shooters w/o taking penalties

.....first line looks hungrier (especially Easy)

.....Milroy goes to the net real well, and appears to be a smart defensive player as well

.....Johnson drew both penalties that led to the 2 Habs 4-on-3 goals

.....Semin has some serious offensive skills

.....Halak is coming very close to playing the puck outside the trapezoid, but I love his overall aggressiveness

.....For once, McCreary called a decent game

Two in a row now....we need to win at least 2 out of the next 3 (preferably the Isles and the Leafs)

I agree with all of your comments, especially on Halak's puckandling. He is truly the best puckhandling goalie we have had in a very long time and I think that has been helping the transition game a lot and helping the D not to get caught in our own zone.

Agree on Milroy as well, while I don't think he can be a top liner I think he's a great addition to the team in a fourth line role and I think he would be there for the remainder of the year except that Begin and Kovalev will likely be back at some point. A "fourth line" of Lats Lappy and MIlroy is young hits full of energy. I'm interested to see what Carbo does but finally, finally it looks like we are past the Niinimaa and Downey days.

What do we do if we dominate without Kovalev, when he returns? His slackadaisical approach to hockey can rally affect a team. Guys like Milroy and Begin pump up a team with their enthusiasm. Maybe Carbo should sit him down and say, "look Kovy, you are a little like Neo in the first Matrix, and I am the Oracle. I'm telling you that you have the skills, but you are waiting for something. For what, I don't know. But we need to win, so unless you start givin' her, then you may as well stay at home and collect you $$$. Eat the boards, or eat cheesos and watch from home."

Glad too see the boys get consequitive victories. And hopefully Higgins is ok for Nashville.

Also, like everyone to note that after tonight we have 4 players with a legitimate shot of getting 20 goals. Souray already has it, Ryder needs one more, Koivu is 3 away, and Higgins is 5 away (he missed lots of time too).

I agree with all of your comments, especially on Halak's puckandling. He is truly the best puckhandling goalie we have had in a very long time and I think that has been helping the transition game a lot and helping the D not to get caught in our own zone.

Agree on Milroy as well, while I don't think he can be a top liner I think he's a great addition to the team in a fourth line role and I think he would be there for the remainder of the year except that Begin and Kovalev will likely be back at some point. A "fourth line" of Lats Lappy and MIlroy is young hits full of energy. I'm interested to see what Carbo does but finally, finally it looks like we are past the Niinimaa and Downey days.

At least there's only $640,000 left on Niinimaa's contract. Bob can probably move him for peanuts in return soon. As much as we've complained his contract is shrinking day by day. A team might want to take him on as a reserve D for their run or maybe we just end up keeping him for insurance.

I like Milroy. I wonder what happens when Kovalev comes back. Tough decisions I guess.