Game Thread | Capitals vs. Montreal | 02/20/07

Spider-Man NL

Dude watch the replay...if you are talking about the second goal, it was clearly off Lapierre and changed teh direction completely.

so why was his stick a foot off the ice.. he covers his five hole, no goal.. and i did watch it in slow mo on my PVR..

I don't mean to beat him up, but I find it incredible how he can do no wrong and abby can do no right, in some people's eyes. :)

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so why was his stick a foot off the ice.. he covers his five hole, no goal.. and i did watch it in slow mo on my PVR..

I don't mean to beat him up, but I find it incredible how he can do no wrong and abby can do no right, in some people's eyes. :)

He was kicking out his right pad to make the save, when it changed direction to his five hole, you can't fault a goalie for that.

No rest for the wicked.

More pressure guys. We should be OK if they can batten down the hatches. Secondary scoring has to get one for us from line 2,3 or 4.

Hoping.

That last rush and the chance including Washington's confusion was created by Sammy mostly

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Okay, went back and checked again.. yes, it hit laps stick.. I will give him that.. I still don't like the stick position.. oh, and it was deflected ten feet in front...

I will give it the "tad smelly, but not awful" assessment. :)

Still, people would be calling or Abby to get lynched....

He was kicking out his right pad to make the save, when it changed direction to his five hole, you can't fault a goalie for that.

exactly correct nothing weak about it both were deflections. maybe brobin should really slow that pvr down

exactly correct nothing weak about it both were deflections. maybe brobin should really slow that pvr down

I did, and I still think it was a weak goal.. he was deep in his net with bad positioning. He didn;t kick out his pad to make a save, he was spreading like peanut butter. :)

If he had been out at the top of the crease (and it was a point shot) and simple stayed square with his stick down.. no goal... not sure abby would have had it, but Huet would have. :)

I did, and I still think it was a weak goal.. he was deep in his net with bad positioning. He didn;t kick out his pad to make a save, he was spreading like peanut butter. :)

If he had been out at the top of the crease (and it was a point shot) and simple stayed square with his stick down.. no goal... not sure abby would have had it, but Huet would have. :)

Oh, I will give the old Don cherry.. "Keep you damn stick out of the way Laps, let the goalie get it." ....

Crap, I just quoted Don cherry.. might have soiled myself. :blink:

Oh, I will give the old Don cherry.. "Keep you damn stick out of the way Laps, let the goalie get it." ....

Crap, I just quoted Don cherry.. might have soiled myself. :blink:

you could be right about that the defense were definitely in too close on him you have to let the goalie see the puck I don't think he saw either one but like you said he's still a :) :hlogo: kid.

Yeah, I like the kid, I just don't think people should expect him to be the next Patrick Roy.. he definitely has some more learning to do. The good news is that he is young enough to learn it. :)

We tend to overrate the rookies and beat up the vets around here....

Yeah, I like the kid, I just don't think people should expect him to be the next Patrick Roy.. he definitely has some more learning to do. The good news is that he is young enough to learn it. :)

/quote]

I agree and sometimes it don't take too long before we start beating up on the young ones like perez.

I was just joking...I very rarely say offensive things...