Game Thread | Montreal vs. Predators | 02/22/07

Spider-Man NL

I can think of one: Nashville is the best team in the NHL.

How many times we beat Buffalo? How many times has teams beat Nashville this year?

I say this again. NO REASON TO LOSE IF WEVE FINALLY COME AROUND. When we play like we can, we beat anybody.

Nashville has lost 21 games this year... 21 teams have beat Nashville this year!!!

Btw Buffalo and Detroit are both better teams then Nashville.

Edited by Aebischer4life

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times we beat Buffalo? How many times has teams beat Nashville this year?

I say this again. NO REASON TO LOSE IF WEVE FINALLY COME AROUND. When we play like we can, we beat anybody.

Nashville has lost 21 games this year... 21 teams have beat Nashville this year!!!

Btw Buffalo and Detroit are both better teams then Nashville.

To add to this the Preds have played 20 games vs their Division (minus Detroit)

Chicago 4-2-1

Columbus 6-0

St. Louis 6-0-1

and went 16-2-2 for 34 points

Now compare that to our Division schedule (minus Buffalo)

Ottawa 3-3-1

Toronto 2-2-1

Boston 2-2

we went 7-7-2 for 16 points. That is a net gain of 18 points in their division.

Nashville is 15 points ahead of us in the Standings.

If you say the west is better, it can be countered that we have gone 5-2 vs the West this season.

Also the West has 4 of the worst 5 point totals in the NHL.

Nothing is what it seems. The reason Edmonton beat up Detroit last year and everybody was shocked was because Detroit beat up those 3 teams all year and inflated their record. Bettman's nonsense of an unbalanced schedule has created competitive imbalance. If Nashville was in our division they would not have 83 points.

Is tonights game winnable, damn right it is. They are still adjusting to Forsberg and they have gone 4-5 in February.

Great post Wamsley01. What you said is 100% true about the sched. and how weak their division is. But lets face it the Predators are a great team when yyour top three centres are Arnott Forsberg and Karyia and you have wingers like Sullivan and Erat you are a great time. Not to mention thier 1 2 punch in goal Mason and Vokun.

Great post Wamsley01. What you said is 100% true about the sched. and how weak their division is. But lets face it the Predators are a great team when yyour top three centres are Arnott Forsberg and Karyia and you have wingers like Sullivan and Erat you are a great time. Not to mention thier 1 2 punch in goal Mason and Vokun.

Oh they are a great team, but so is Buffalo. It seems that the more speed that the other team has the more we use. When we play Buffalo both teams are flying up and down the ice. I think they are a good matchup for us. Whereas Toronto is tailor made to beat us because their strengths are our weaknesses.

Is it a tough game? Yep. Do we have a shot? I believe we do

I am just pointing out that people look at the point differential and assume that we are toast before the puck drop. THe Habs can skate with anybody. We do not have many plodders, even our grinders can skate.

Time to shock the world. Let's see if Halak is up for it :)

20070222_splash_ad5.jpg

Less than 2500 tickets left.. We have to act quick..

We owe it to Faery to send him to The Gaylord Entertainment Center..

:huh:

if you can make it down faerie, i can house you in the area...

A pity this wasn't next week during reading break...

He's a winger man! Back in Anaheim Rucchin played between Selanne and him.

Why didnt he travel with the team. Seems like a sellfish me first kinda russian like Kovalev and Samsonov.

He wasn't with the team.....that's what getting called up means.....

And you're the 1 who's been defending Kovalev yet now he's "sellfish"

Man you're one BI POLAR dude!

Edited by kenadian

Should be interesting to see how they fare against one of the best teams in the NHL....

As some have said, two wins against a couple of the league's dregs certainly isn't a real gauge as to whether they have turned things around, or not? However there have certainly been some positives that did emerge in those two games.

The top line seems to have finally found the back of the net again is first and foremost amongst them. Also the fact that luck seems to have been going their way, whereas in the past they weren't is encouraging. The fact that Ryder's nifty moves worked shouldn't be ignored - one has to figure that a couple of games ago they probably would have failed? Add to that the fact that they seem to be playing with a lot more confidence is evident in their squeezing their sticks a lot less. That happens when things start clicking for a change. Right now things at least aren't going all wrong for a change!

I definitely prefer a win, but if they must lose then I hope they make it a tight contest....

Also hope to see Kostitsyn get some minutes too - see what he can do out there.

:hockey: :hlogo: :hockey::clap:

(With the deadline so close it is definitely interesting that there a few prospects that have been called up - current injuries not withheld.

I'm not suggesting that this means a deal is imminent as I'm not given to speculating, but I do find it just a bit interesting?)

Dude, are you joking? Kostitsyn was with the Bulldogs, thus he had to fly by himself to join the Canadiens squad.

:lol: Yeah... as if the Habs were flying out of Hamilton just so he could be with the team! :wacko:

Edited by beliveau1

Lets go habs, lets lose like badly so Gainey decides to trade!

I'd much rather us win and win hard, from now until the end of the season, so we get a decent playoff spot, and we win the Stanley Cup.

I don't know, maybe that's just me, but yeah.

I'd much rather us win and win hard, from now until the end of the season, so we get a decent playoff spot, and we win the Stanley Cup.

I don't know, maybe that's just me, but yeah.

Or... we could keep winning and make a few trades to make us legit contenders.

:hlogo:

That is just getting unbelievable.. how can the reffing be this bad. The guy went in on his own and dove right into Halak.. and Markov gets the penalty?

And now it is 1 - 0....

I can't believe it is an anti-habs bias, I figured it was just horrible reffing.. but game after game, it goes against the Habs...

I am becoming of the opinion that Carbo's yapping has pissed off the refs. They screw us every chance they get.